Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
That was an awesome match! I forgot how brutal it was, good find!

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I wouldn't say it made Randy Orton (Evolution made Randy Orton), but it certainly finally established him as a full-fledged main eventer.

On topic of the match, one of the best of all time, and the ending is easily one of the best hardcore spots of all time.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Randy is more made now seeing as during this time he really didn't have a real persona besides your typical "young rookie who's cocky". Good match but tbh I see this as more of "a rookie in a MICK FOLEY MATCH" rather than "RANDY ORTON vs MICK FOLEY".

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I miss Mick. RKO can GTFO.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
This is the match that elevated him. This is what they pushed in into the main event over. Mick busted his ass but Orton showed he could hang with the big dogs too.

The Son of a bitch could go. He showed signs of this workrate in Smackdown 2006 where he took on Taker and Rey and many more.

But the fact of that matter is, he's just been unable to adjust to the babyface style too far. He's too spotty and seems lost.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can add his match agaisnt The Undertaker.
I miss the old Orton.
No only his gimmick, I didn't like his last matches, although the Table match had been better than I thought. But I had really less requirements

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wish mick was still here, i reckon he could be the type of guy who could elevate Ziggler's or another mid-carder career to that higher level.

No blood though...which sorta puts that out the window :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.