Wrestling Forum banner

This Lana and Rusev shit pisses me off

3107 41
I mean seriously the acknowledgment of their marriage just shits on pretty much every storyline in WWE. They're in a storyline where Lana hates Rusev and left him for Ziggler and claimed Rusev made her wear suits and she was like his slave, said he treated her awful. But Lana felt it was the perfect time to announce to the world her and Rusev are married, and so did WWE. I mean nevermind the fact that it makes your storyline look fake as shit and acknowledges that wrestling is fake.

That would be like back in the early2000's when Triple H called Stephanie a no good lying bitch and called off the wedding and broke up with her on Raw. Then the next week news breaks out on tmz that the two got married and then we see them on Raw the next week kissing and walking down the ring together like nothing ever happened. When Triple H broke up with her on Raw that was it, they wasn't on screen together as a couple for years, even though they was together in real life, wwe never announced on their website they got married or anything. See back then this company actually gave a fuck about keeping up the illusion that its real.

Now anytime i see Rusev and Lana on screen as a couple it just reminds how they just took a huge shit on storylines and give no fucks about keeping the illusion that its real. Yeah we all know its fake but its their job to do their best to make us believe its real while we're watching the show.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Banned
2,436 Posts
Keeping the illusion that it's real?.. It's not real and they have no problem acknowledging that. I respect them so much more for that. Keeping kayfabe outside the ring was always stupid to me.. Even kids know this shit is fake nowadays, almost everybody does. It would've been a big issue 30 year's ago, now it doesn't matter.

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
Their 'relationship' in Rusev's initial run was awesome to be honest, but since it's turned into a whole love centered storyline i find it ridiculous. I put the whole kayfabe breaking stuff down to Lana's relentless attention seeking, though.

Reactions: PUNKY

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Keeping the illusion that it's real?.. It's not real and they have no problem acknowledging that. I respect them so much more for that. Keeping kayfabe outside the ring was always stupid to me.. Even kids know this shit is fake nowadays, almost everybody does. It would've been a big issue 30 year's ago, now it doesn't matter.
Almost nothing on tv is real, everyone knows that, but Why should they acknowledge its fake? During their show they should be trying their best to make us get lost in the illusion that its real, Jericho was just taking about this in an interview the other day. He was saying yeah we all know its fake and planned but during the show they should be doing their absolute best to try and make us get lost in the illusion that what we're watching is real. Its kinda retarded for them to acknowledge its all fake one minute, then the next Bray Wyatt's shooting lightning outta his ass and they're acting as if its real.

I could be fine with this if say they told us they was married 2 years later or at least after the fucking storyline ended. But they announced it while its going on they're married, and now they're walking around together acting as if that storyline never happened. They could have at least done a storyline where they get back together and Lana turns heel again, to you know actually have it make sense.

Its not like i'm saying "Its still real to me damn it!" i'd just like a little consistency and writing that actually makes sense and doesn't make an entire storyline that took up months of tv time mean nothing, and just shit all over storylines in general.

· Locker Room Leader
15,219 Posts
Blame Lana.

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Blame Lana.
Lana does seem like a selfish person to me, there was no reason to break this news to tmz, plenty of wrestlers get married but they don't go and announce it to tmz. Seems like she just wanted a bunch of attention on herself. Theres blame on both parts, Lana for going to tmz about it and WWE for choosing to acknowledge it on Raw.

It wouldn't be as bad if they just put something on wwe.com about it, but to clear as day talk about it on Raw while the storyline was still going on was beyond ridiculous.

· Premium Member
2,673 Posts
The storyline was a failure anyway because no one believed that Lana and Rusev had just split up and Lana had zero chemistry with her supposedly new boyfriend Ziggler, now could they have wrapped the storyline up with a conclusion, sure but remember this is the same stupid company that spent months trying to convince us that Nikki wished Brie had died in the womb then all of a sudden they Brie had forgiven Nikki

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I blame WWE more than Lana, i mean they could have easily wrote an angle where Lana turned her back on Ziggler and went back to Rusev, and then they could acknowledge their marriage. But they chose to acknowledge it right in the middle of the storyline making the whole storyline pointless and confusing, and instead of writing it into the story they just gave no fucks and said "Eh all this shits fake who gives a fuck".

· International Purveyor Of Violence
The Eyes of the Ranger
3,268 Posts
The storyline was hands down the worst of 2015 and almost did irreperable damage to Rusev and Lana's characters. It should never have saw the light of day to start. Good riddance I say and the less said about it the better. Lana should be praised for having the guts to stand up to Vince and the idiots in creative, no one else on the roster does, that's for sure. Only now with this weeks interview are they finally building their characters back up.

· TEAM CHELSHIV
Umani. Vous êtes belle 💙💙💙💙💙
127,577 Posts
The storyline sucked, so, in that respect, I was happy Lana did what she did. Still, she and Rusev accepted hat lame storyline and it was highly unprofessional to abort it on their own. Honestly, if I were Vince, I would have sanctioned them for it. The time to refuse a storyline is before it ever starts. Just say no. I'm sure that would draw heat with the Office, but doing what they did seems like a surefire way to draw nuclear heat upon yourselves. As I said, I am glad that clusterfuck of a storyline is over, but Lana and Rusev seem to have been damaged in their respective careers.

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It still real to me dammit!

^Someone already beat you to that. And i already addressed that in a previous post if you looked. Its the way wwe handled it that pisses me off, had they just wrote it into the story it would've been better. Its not so much about them breaking kayfabe its that they don't give enough of a shit anymore to make their storylines make sense.

· Registered
5,326 Posts
I don't understand why the fuck it's such a big deal what Lana did. First of all, everybody already knew those two were together. They knew when it was made public that they BOUGHT A FUCKING HOUSE together. And now WWE is acting all butthurt "Oh you broke kayfabe, so we have to abandon this storyline" no you fucking don't. It's a fucking TV show, and WWE are hypocrites because they break kayfabe ON CAMERA all the time when they shouldn't, but off-camera, who gives a shit. It's not 1975 anymore, everyone knows this shit is just a TV show. It's like if Game of Thrones makers killed off Cersei because she revealed that (example) her and some co-star got together in real life. It's stupid.

· Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Regardless of Lana's wrist injury, where the Leak came out midway through her recovery, that romance angle was taking a bizarre turn where Summer was shown in that Ziggler shower scene then at another show Ziggler giving a gift to Summer so Creative's attempt at turning Ziggler into a cheat which would've peeved Lana & eventually lead to a Rusev reunion was all set up - WWE just never pulled the trigger. Once that injury and release of the rl proposal it no doubt infuriated the writers who quit on it knowing that Rusev still had his IC angle as fall back and Breeze was brought in to trade places with Rusev and continue the Ziggler/Summer angle.
Totally agree though that Creative shoud've made more effort and filled in the transitional dots which they half-attempted at the Miz Tv announcement.

Reactions: Saber Rider ^-^

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Regardless of Lana's wrist injury, where the Leak came out midway through her recovery, that romance angle was taking a bizarre turn where Summer was shown in that Ziggler shower scene then at another show Ziggler giving a gift to Summer so Creative's attempt at turning Ziggler into a cheat which would've peeved Lana & eventually lead to a Rusev reunion was all set up - WWE just never pulled the trigger. Once that injury and release of the rl proposal it no doubt infuriated the writers who quit on it knowing that Rusev still had his IC angle as fall back and Breeze was brought in to trade places with Rusev and continue the Ziggler/Summer angle.
Totally agree though that Creative shoud've made more effort and filled in the transitional dots which they half-attempted at the Miz Tv announcement.
Exactly, creative as usual dropped the fucking ball.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
I mean seriously the acknowledgment of their marriage just shits on pretty much every storyline in WWE. They're in a storyline where Lana hates Rusev and left him for Ziggler and claimed Rusev made her wear suits and she was like his slave, said he treated her awful. But Lana felt it was the perfect time to announce to the world her and Rusev are married, and so did WWE. I mean nevermind the fact that it makes your storyline look fake as shit and acknowledges that wrestling is fake.

That would be like back in the early2000's when Triple H called Stephanie a no good lying bitch and called off the wedding and broke up with her on Raw. Then the next week news breaks out on tmz that the two got married and then we see them on Raw the next week kissing and walking down the ring together like nothing ever happened. When Triple H broke up with her on Raw that was it, they wasn't on screen together as a couple for years, even though they was together in real life, wwe never announced on their website they got married or anything. See back then this company actually gave a fuck about keeping up the illusion that its real.

Now anytime i see Rusev and Lana on screen as a couple it just reminds how they just took a huge shit on storylines and give no fucks about keeping the illusion that its real. Yeah we all know its fake but its their job to do their best to make us believe its real while we're watching the show.
Ummm read Stephanie's twitter bio.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.