Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Without watching...

I noticed they cut out "You cut The Rock off at second base!" part of the segment. Haha. Wonder why. [/PG]

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Isn't is still the most watched/highest rating making promo of all time or did that get beaten by Edge and Lita's sex celebration? I can't remember, I know it had the title at one point in history.

I haven't seen it in a while but from what I remember it was very overrated. At least I think so. It was funny yes but not nearly as good or god like as some people make it out to be. It is often called the greatest promo of all time, that isn't even close, though that could just be my taste in promos and I prefer much more serious ones. I would even say that the Rock and Foley have had better promos. Still a great segment, just not as great as the hype given to it I think.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It was funny, but also went on for a fair bit too long and was nowhere near as good as some make it out as being.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Edge/Lita did 5.2 so no.

One of the greatest, most iconic and memorable segments of all time. Legendary and a top 3 in every list for RAW's greatest moments.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Edge/Lita did 5.2 so no.

One of the greatest, most iconic and memorable segments of all time. Legendary and a top 3 in every list for RAW's greatest moments.
Wondering how long it would take before you popped in here :rolleyes:

What makes it better than other Raw moments? all it had was the classic Rock catchphrases, a couple of back and forth jokes from Foley/Rock and thats about it. It was fun but not as good as it is classed.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
The fact that it drew such a huge audience and it was so memorable that people are talking about it every year for the last 13 years including 2 more of this concept says it all. You needed to watch this back then to understand what was so special about it, that was a side of Rock's personality that people never saw before along with Mankind's usual attitude and they created this magical, historic segment.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
I was watching RAW then...and I don't like the segment that much.

In the context of pushing Foley & Rock's friendship it was a solid segment but it went on way too long and everything was just a setup for Rock to tell jokes and do his catchphrases, nothing special.

Its worth a couple chuckles but that's it. Its an overrated comedy segment. A lot of people seem to like it but I don't know if people really like it or if the E pushes it on folks because of the rating it got (which sounds more like the truth to me).

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
Great segment but overrated as hell. I seriously don't get the appeal for it, nor do I understand how it got such a high rating and to think its given the title of '' the greatest segment ever'' by some people, always baffles me( because it isn't IMO). Nevertheless it was entertaining( for the most part) even though it did overtay its welcome.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Great Segment, Probably not my favourite of all time but definitely up there

I'd place the Rock/Austin singing segment before Survior Series 2001 as higher just because no other 2 men on the planet could have pulled that off

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
When I watched it originally, I thought it was one of the best segments ever... but now when I re-watch it all these years later, I don't find it as good. I'd put the DX McMahon's impression, Austin with Angle, singing to Vince and the DX Nation parody over that.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
It was an awesome segment, overhyped because of the number it drew but that's the appeal of The Rock I guess? Nonetheless brilliant but not one of my top 5 or anything.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It is a bit overhyped but it's still pretty awesome especially as The Rock said in his recent DVD that the two of them went out there and just ad libbed the whole thing other than knowing who the guests were. No one in the current WWE could do that and it just shows the glaring difference between then and now. Ahhh I miss the Rock 'n' Sock.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
It was a good segment but I figured Foley's favourite segment would be the 1 where he won the world title for the first time. That's my favourite RAW segment.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Awful. I prefer - ya know - like, actual wrestling and stuff. Big fan of both Foley and the Rock, but this was a low point for both guys and I always hated how Foley turned the Mankind character into a joke (he wouldn't really recover until the feud with HHH).

The actual segment is pointless, unfunny, and goes on far too long. Not to mention it has been an influence on countless other unfunny RAW moments. No different than Bob Barker or any of the hokey, jokey stuff they do these days.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts