Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE need to drop it from now on. Today's segment I know has been well documented here tonight. But Wwe have been trying to recreate the lighting in the bottle they got with Rock/Mankind in 1999. Where to this day still the highest rated raw segment ever. That was organic.

The next time they did it with Cena. It was awful. And third time Bliss. It diddnt get the reaction they wanted. How creative even approved this segment is quite stunning. I'm not getting into the Alexa promo debate. It's been well covered. Reasonable response is. Alexa has a track record of cutting great promos. When material was decent. Her coronation promo comes to mind. But you have to feel sorry for her. One of the worst written segments in a while. Wwe just need to drop The This is you life segments from now on. This was an creative error not talent.

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
You're forgetting that one time in 2004, Rocky decided to do it for fat fuck Foley.

Yeah, that was how those two were gonna prepare to beat The Evolution-uhh (minus The Haitch).

Needless to say, the segment was a failure.

Just like "Rock-n-Sock" was against The Evolution-uhh (minus The Haitch) at Mania-uhh.

:trips2

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,109 Posts
WWE need to drop it from now on. Today's segment I know has been well documented here tonight. But Wwe have been trying to recreate the lighting in the bottle they got with Rock/Mankind in 1999. Where to this day still the highest rated raw segment ever. That was organic.

The next time they did it with Cena. It was awful. And third time Bliss. It diddnt get the reaction they wanted. How creative even approved this segment is quite stunning. I'm not getting into the Alexa promo debate. It's been well covered. Reasonable response is. Alexa has a track record of cutting great promos. When material was decent. Her coronation promo comes to mind. But you have to feel sorry for her. One of the worst written segments in a while. Wwe just need to drop The This is you life segments from now on. This was an creative error not talent.
Dont throw the word great around like that. Alexa has cut a few decent-good promos, nothing memorable. Calling any of them great is an insult to the promos that are genuinely great.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dont throw the word great around like that. Alexa has cut a few decent-good promos, nothing memorable. Calling any of them great is an insult to the promos that are genuinely great.

this is your life was surely memorable,either way saying it was WOAT tier is going 2 far,it was bad but we have seen things just as boring from alexa before such as the Blissertation(if you guys remember that masterpiece),we will move on from this segment and both performers will come out of it fine,i do hope these fucking random actors and the writers for raw really re-think their life

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
The next time they did it with Cena. It was awful. And third time Bliss. It diddnt get the reaction they wanted.
The choice of words here amuses me. Cena was awful, but Bliss just didn't get the reaction they wanted. It's ok to say it was awful. Quite a few of her fans here are readily admitting it. They are even being objective and admitting that her delivery wasn't up to par. They aren't going to disown you if you admit it was terrible all around.

But you have to feel sorry for her. One of the worst written segments in a while.
Why would I feel sorry for her after she finally has to deal with a poorly written segment after months and months of getting material that caters to her strengths more so than any other wrestler currently on the roster. Pretty much since her debut, she's been allowed to go out there and obliterate her opponents on the mic. If there's anyone that deserves sympathy here it's Bayley, who has had to deal with nothing but garbage material and booking that goes completely against what her character is suppose to be.

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,270 Posts
Dear WWE, please stop doing TIYL segments. The one they did in 1999 between Mankind/The Rock remains the greatest segment in RAW history imo. The other two/three have been piss poor/average.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The choice of words here amuses me. Cena was awful, but Bliss just didn't get the reaction they wanted. It's ok to say it was awful. Quite a few of her fans here are readily admitting it. They are even being objective and admitting that her delivery wasn't up to par. They aren't going to disown you if you admit it was terrible all around.

Why would I feel sorry for her after she finally has to deal with a poorly written segment after months and months of getting material that caters to her strengths more so than any other wrestler currently on the roster. Pretty much since her debut, she's been allowed to go out there and obliterate her opponents on the mic. If there's anyone that deserves sympathy here it's Bayley, who has had to deal with nothing but garbage material and booking that goes completely against what her character is suppose to be.
this is not the first time she fails 2 deliver on the mic she had a "blissertation" on smackdown that was one of the lamest promos i have ever seen,however in this case the start of the segment when the focus was just her and the table with bailey things was fine,once the guests joined the segment went 2 shit,alexa herself did a decent job(at least better than the blissertation one her delivery there was truly dreadful)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Feel sorry for her? Nope not at all. Whether its bad creative or not, the talent has to get it over, and better talent has gotten over worse stuff than that. So hopefully now we can stop with the "Alexa is one of the best on the mic". If she was, she could have saved that segment. Instead she made it worse.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Everyone keeps saying Alexa's the best on the mic meanwhile this chick has yet to cut a memorable promo the last thing I remember her doing was calling Becky "chucky" or something like that :eyeroll

To be fair, no one could have done that segment justice.

Reactions: machomanjohncena

·
Banned
42 Posts
OMG it was awful, worse segment of 2017 that's for sure. Even Ryback hates it check this out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts