Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...nk-mir-ponders-retirement-220320600--mma.html

If either Frank Mir or Overeem loses the next fight, one of them will have to leave the UFC.

This is WWE's chance to pick up one of them from the organization and have him feud with Brock Lesnar so that WWE can make a good storyline where somebody has the "secret weapon" to fight back against Paul Heyman's ultimate beast.

And then I can see the Lesnar vs Mir/Overeem being an MMA rules match.. and also make it non-scripted. If WWE can pull this one, there will be a lot of cash coming into the Mcmahon family's pockets.

Since Goldberg is 48, old, and now has no techniques, one of them can replace his spot.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Saw this failure in TNA, don't want it again

Reactions: hag

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank is a black belt in BJJ, so it will make up for his wrestling skills and put on a solid fight with Lesnar in the ring again.

WWE is obviously bigger than TNA, so WWE has more chances of succeeding than they will in the same position.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
WWE is more than just wrestling, friend. There is a whole different level of entertainment and story telling techniques that go into the business of the World Wrestling Entertainment. Just because this dude dominates at Wrestling, does not mean he will dominate at Entertainment, which is huge in the WWE. I'll pass on him.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Why is pro wrestling becoming something for MMA fighters to do after they retire? Entertaining a crowd is not the same as fighting another man. What the fuck kinda shit is this? Frank Mir or Overeem could maybe be special guest ref for Lesnar's match at WM, that'd be cool, but full time, neither Mir/Overeem would last in WWE.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I was going to say that, WWE was so boring when they were around. They are two different business and that should stay that way. Plus, it takes YEARS of training to be a good wrestler, I don't want a stupid matches that will end with the guy that knows nothing about wrestling and doesn't give a shit about it winning like with Floyd

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I was going to say that, WWE was so boring when they were around. They are two different business and that should stay that way. Plus, it takes YEARS of training to be a good wrestler, I don't want a stupid matches that will end with the guy that knows nothing about wrestling and doesn't give a shit about it winning like with Floyd
Exactly, a feud can only be a below average in the ring if its amazing on the mic and this feud wouldn't be, as you say it takes years to be a good wrestler

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,478 Posts
Forget that, bring back Ken Shamrock and have him feud with Lesnar.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WWE is more than just wrestling, friend. There is a whole different level of entertainment and story telling techniques that go into the business of the World Wrestling Entertainment. Just because this dude dominates at Wrestling, does not mean he will dominate at Entertainment, which is huge in the WWE. I'll pass on him.
WWE brought in so many failed actors into the organization and still did the best they can to entertain us.

What I'm saying is that if Frank Mir or Overeem (if one of them gets cut from UFC in the next fight), they can be used in a WWE storyline where either somebody like Orton, HHH, or Punk says that since nobody can beat Brock Lesnar, there is someone who has beaten Brock Lesnar in a fight before and he is now recruited.

If they can bring Mayweather in, I don't see a problem with this then.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why is pro wrestling becoming something for MMA fighters to do after they retire? Entertaining a crowd is not the same as fighting another man. What the fuck kinda shit is this? Frank Mir or Overeem could maybe be special guest ref for Lesnar's match at WM, that'd be cool, but full time, neither Mir/Overeem would last in WWE.
Brock Lesnar only has a part time legends contract, and you don't see him full time anymore. An MMA fighter who can match up to Lesnar and was UFC champion can just come to WWE once and prove to everyone that "The Beast" can be stopped.

When Floyd Mayweather was brought in to feud with Big Show, did he stay in WWE full-time? No, it was only for wrestlemania appearance and fight.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,478 Posts
Can't and no. Shamrock is old and is not a pro fighter like the current people in the UFC.

Shamrock being booked to be in Lesnar's league is not believable at all.
Sure it is. Shamrock was always a highlight of the attitude era, and was booked pretty strong. He could have been in the main event scene if he stayed. If he came back, WWE would make a big deal of it and maybe book him like a main event star. Either way, if if was a choice of UFC fighters, I would pick Shamrock and Lesnar over some guys who's never been in a wrestling ring before.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sure it is. Shamrock was always a highlight of the attitude era, and was booked pretty strong. He could have been in the main event scene if he stayed. If he came back, WWE would make a big deal of it and maybe book him like a main event star. Either way, if if was a choice of UFC fighters, I would pick Shamrock and Lesnar over some guys who's never been in a wrestling ring before.
You don't have to have wrestling skills if you are black belt in Kenpo Karate AND Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Those skills will make up for it when you try to combat against a wrestler.

They can still treat a wrestling ring like an octagon when an MMA star goes against Brock Lesnar. After all, they've done dancing parodies in the ring (even though it's not a dancing club) and also allowed Lesnar to wear his UFC attire in his matches.

My point is saying that they could make a good storyline out of this if either Mir or Overeem is brought up and they can be introduced as a counter-part against Heyman's powerful beast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts