Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
August 21st 2006, regarding his decision to kiss Vince McMahon's ass:
"Listen to me. I've already had my career; I've done things I've never even imagined whereas you are on the verge of being one of the biggest superstars the WWE has ever seen. Understand? Listen to me: I had spoken to you three times when I asked my wife if you could be the godmother to my youngest son. There is something uniquely special about you, and you're going to be a star here for a very long time. This thing I'm about to do represents the lowest point of my career, but it's a very small price to pay for having the honour of your friendship."

He was of course referring to Melina Pérez, who on February 19th 2007 captured her first major singles championship, and became the first woman of Mexican heritage ever to capture the WWE World Women's Championship in its fifty-plus year history. She has since gone on to become a three time Women's Champion and a two time Diva's Champion, and is therefore one of the most decorated female competitors in company history. In addition to that she is arguably the most celebrated manager of the last decade, having managed her men to three WWE Tag Team Championship and two Intercontinental Championship reigns in the space of just a year and a half.

In a radio interview broadcast November 2009, multiple time champion and WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, who is regarded by many as being one of the greatest wrestlers ever, cited Pérez as being, "in many ways, the best wrestler in the world right now." He couldn't have been more correct, and it is the hope of many that one day Melina will join him in the Hall of Fame, where she truly belongs.

Congratulations Melina Nava Pérez. You're doing us proud.

Reactions: Yuffie Kisaragi

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Melina. She has a magical quality about her that connects her with the audience emotionally in a way that other wrestlers are incapable of doing. John Morrison was correct when he said this:

"Melina is potentially the strongest character on the roster, with even more passion and emotion than a lot of the guys. A lot of the Divas can do some pretty impressive moves, but when I watch them I don’t feel anything, I don’t empathize with a lot of them. I don’t think they understand what they’re doing. But when I watch Melina, I get excited, or I feel sad, or I want to cheer. And I think that’s the key to sports entertainment."

·
HEADBANGA
22,895 Posts
What these guys see in this broad I have no clue, then again I dont' know her from a hole in the wall so I guess she must be an amazing person to know in real life.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Melina's recent injuries have hindered her ring skills a little, but she's still one of the better Divas.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Melina is truly the star of the division really. She is the Trish of this time and she does seem to show alot more heart and willingness to be there than most other girls on the roster.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yes, Melina. She has a magical quality about her that connects her with the audience emotionally in a way that other wrestlers are incapable of doing. [/B]
People love sluts. She spreads her legs really far apart and that is considered "magical" especially in an era that really shouldn't allow that.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Foley went into much more detail in The Hardcore Diaries, anyone who hasn't read it should make the effort.

WTF? She's a cum bucket who screams during her matches, that is all.
Apart from the screaming you just described over half the Divas on the roster.

Melina is truly the star of the division really. She is the Trish of this time and she does seem to show alot more heart and willingness to be there than most other girls on the roster.
Pretty good assesment, it's just a shame WWE haven't signed more women with the same desire to improve that she has shown over the past 4 or 5 years. Instead they've used Kelly Kelly, Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox and Eve Torres, never mind all the women who they've ditched over the years like Ashley Massaro, Brooke Adams and Maria.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People love sluts. She spreads her legs really far apart and that is considered "magical" especially in an era that really shouldn't allow that.
Yup, because a guy can't praise a woman based on anything other than hotness.

Let's be honest: you're saying that for effect.

Reactions: Eyeball Nipple

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Apart from the screaming you just described over half the Divas on the roster.
Same goes for them then :p If Melina was truly as epic as she's apparently meant to be she'd ditch her fat pay cheque and go someone where she's actually appreciated, then again the quality of men will drop drastically if she does.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
She's better then most of the other divas, but really that isn't saying much. Foley is one of the best of all time but this sure is hell isn't one of the main reasons why.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I actually agree, she is special in a way and i always found her to be convincing.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Bret saying shes the best in the world proves that Goldberg really did break his brain with that kick. Foleys obsession with her is rather ususual too as her reputation is that shes passed around the lockerroom alot.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Erm, it really isn't. She's been with John Morrison since Tough Enough, and the only other wrestler she's been romantically linked with is Batista. Get a clue.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Hmm this is the guy that told Al Snow "to get far in this business you need to get a little head!"... Probably said the same to the dog faced gremlin.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
See, I could stoop to your level and start going on about Victoria's caved in face and abundance of weirdly coloured makeup, but I won't bother.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
See, I could stoop to your level and start going on about Victoria's caved in face and abundance of weirdly coloured makeup, but I won't bother.
I'm not stooping to any level, its an opinion :D/... If that is Melina's normal face, I want the number of the bus that hit her! Was it attacking you, not all, evidently you can't see the flaws of a wrestler. If you wanna say something about Victoria which is nothing to do with the above topic feel free!

BK out!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts