Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Harsh

Method

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,491 Posts
If you're in college, you can retake the course and the A you get the second time will be what shows up on your transcript, not the D.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Thats the thing i hate about Uni/College, you ask someone a question they'll give you an answer and then you ask the same question to someone else who is in the same department and they'll tell you something completely different. YPG's experience is slightly different but i can see where he's coming from.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Holy fuck, do not under any circumstances accept the first answer to any question you ask in college/uni. For the love of God these people love to fuck around. My student loans over-payed me and I was told I had to pay the excess or I would not be eligible for further loans... It took me TWO DAYS and THREE PEOPLE that worked in the exact same office before I found out that because the amount was so small I didn't have to pay it back and on top of that this is the second time I've been over-payed. Mini rant over lol.

But yah... you could always take the course again and just get a better mark.

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But yah... you could always take the course again and just get a better mark.
Yeah, I won't be taking it to court, I'll just keep filing grievances against the teacher and issue another review with the Dean. It was handled all in about 2 days, way too fast. They'll have more time during the summer when everyone else isn't filing problems.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Serves you right for accepting the smiley face at the start, Gebu, and for not undertaking the task correctly in order to obtain those points.

I'd have failed you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you turn in the equivalent of Shakespeare for a calculus assignment you're going to get 0. It doesn't matter how good what you submit is: if you don't do the task, you don't get the marks. The marks they give are assessing you based on a marking criteria which is in turn are based course outcomes. If you do the wrong task, you don't meet those particular outcomes (regardless of how good your assignment on the wrong topic was) and you therefore don't get the good grades.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
i hate a tute today where a question for marks was as follows

1. have you used youtube?
2. have you used wikipedia?
3. have you used either for study? (5 marks)

ah communications.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i hate a tute today where a question for marks was as follows

1. have you used youtube?
2. have you used wikipedia?
3. have you used either for study? (5 marks)

ah communications.
Sounds like a RIGOROUS unit. I don't know how you guys survive that kind of work.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Your teacher is a fucking moron.

·
courtesy is a fallacy
6,267 Posts
i had a group presentation last week and the lecturer cut me off halfway through my part. i didnt move for 10 minutes i was so angry

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Wow, your teacher's a bitch. I'd be screwed if I were you, in my college they don't let you retake courses you've gotten D's in, only ones you've failed.

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I originally wrote a complaint on the teacher which went in to the Dean as "an unfair grading" dispute. So it was pretty much ignored since my assignment was technically late (though it had teacher approval?!?).

So I filed an 'Academic Affairs: Comprehensive Grading" form to look at the sequence of events, instead of just a late paper. I don't see how they can say this was my fault when I triple checked with the teacher, even have emails from her saying I was good. I'd settle for retaking the class if they would take the grade off my GPA. I could fit it in over the summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts