Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not the biggest comic book fan, but I know enough to know that The Avengers are made up of several unique characters, that all have their own line of comic book stories. However, we also know that they all come together at times to form the "stable" The Avengers. This is something that I think the WWE should do more often. So many times we just get an all out stable that is always together, and constantly working their heelish ways to the top. How about a group of individuals that would come together as "heels" when they felt the need.

How about around The Royal Rumble, or Survivor Series? Those two PPV's would make sense creatively to begin assembling. Perhaps the group works towards helping one another during the Rumble match, and taking an oath to allow it to come down to them at the end. Maybe, they form a traditional Survivor Series team, and they take on the opposing "face" team made up of who they are individually feuding with. There is also the MITB, and several title shots. The rest of the time they are spent as singles stars. Think of them as A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but not with such a lame title.

These four men are led by none other than Ricardo Rodriguez (J.J Dillon of the group). Alberto Del Rio, Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow, and finally Wade Barrett. Del Rio has already had WWE gold, and I think the other three will do very well for themselves in the WWE. All four of these men will have solid feuds going as singles stars, but also make up this interesting group of well rounded ring workers, with skill sets, the mental capacity, and the experience to make this a solid heel stable when necessary.

It's like a Secret Society, but yet these men have their own individual paths. They are not like The NWO, or 4 Horesmen in which they are all constantly together. Perhaps make it interesting, and show them wining, and dining in Paris, or playing cards on Del Rio's Yacht. Have the members have a secret handshake, and member ship logo on their tights, but not in plain sight. I have come up with some interesting names for their "Secret Society". I say "Secret Soceity" because it should first be booked as something that they have kept quiet from everyone else so not to make anyone feel left out, or shamed.

How about the name "Four Corner Kings"? After all a wrestling ring does have four corners. The other name I like is "The Wrestling Elite". I have always liked this name just simply for the word "Elite" being in it's name. Then there is "The International Wrestling Society". I feel that it is just a catchy name, and it has a modern sound to it. What do you all think?

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously? It's not like I suggested that these men be able to fly. A group of stars together when they feel necessary. They all don't have to be heels at all times either. You can't always see eye to eye creatively, and who knows maybe Del Rio may turn face down the line. I think it makes for a longer lasting group because they are more than a stable. If it's a society of only a few, then it makes this seem more permanent, and longer lasting. Stables typically break up, but this Society of Stars would stick with it. They could say that stables are for horses, and not for men. Their would be this Allegiance of some sort, and I think it's something the WWE could definitely pull off.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I kinda like the idea.

It's similar to how the Brothers of Destruction were. Whenever they weren't actively together and met in a match like the Royal Rumble or their feuds crossed paths for a night or two they'd have a bit of a moment of respect for one another. They'd then either team up or betray each other.

I think this on a larger scale would be quite cool, however they'd have to be built as badass faces I think - because a heel stable would just turn on each other and implode in an environment like the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
The idea isn't half as bad as some folks in this thread wanna believe. It's basically 'Rated-RKO' or 'The Mega Powers' with four instead of two. The problem is with the OP's line-up. They should be main eventers involved...not up and comers like Sandow or Cesaro.

And honestly, they would probably be a better face alliance than a heel alliance.

People Power becomes a massive totalitarian party with the dictator John Laurinaitis running it. The party has strength in numbers with most heels, be it wrestlers, commentators or other personel supporting the regime. Eventually, the face team comes together in cheesy wrestling fashion to save the day. Cena, Orton, Punk, Sheamus.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It would have to be faces or tweeners, otherwise they'd just end up betraying each other too soon to actually be useful as a team.

But seriously, it's not THAT bad of an idea, for the mad hate it's getting. Really?

·
Premium Member
6,275 Posts
I think the face idea is great, more like the real Avengers. They should definitely make the People Power movement a totalarian government type deal, like the corporation was.

Main faces of People Power being Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman, John Laranitis, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan, with the rest of the heels following orders oh Big Johnny and Orton, Punk, Cena, and Sheamus fighting against it.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It would have to be faces or tweeners, otherwise they'd just end up betraying each other too soon to actually be useful as a team.

But seriously, it's not THAT bad of an idea, for the mad hate it's getting. Really?
It's only a bad idea to people with the attention span of a gerbil. It's hard for them to read an entire post and take time to understand it before posting.

For an example, look at the second post in the thread. The facepalm. It literally came 1 minute after the thread was started.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Did half of you even read the post? He's not suggesting they form the AVENGERS and have super powers.

I'd like to see another stable personally, maybe something similar to what you said, but I'd rather see a different character thrown in there. All those guys have slightly similar gimmicks, throw in a rouge card like heel R Truth or something to get these personalities clashing.

Not a bad idea, although heels keeping it quiet to not make people "feel bad" would certainly need some work. Just over the weeks show those guys hanging out a bit as you said outside of the ring, maybe showing up during each others matches, etc. A slow build to show these guys are working together.

Or they could just rush it and throw them together, have Cena crush their group and then keep them around over-staying their welcome for half a year longer, with their credibility shot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm not the biggest comic book fan, but I know enough to know that The Avengers are made up of several unique characters, that all have their own line of comic book stories. However, we also know that they all come together at times to form the "stable" The Avengers. This is something that I think the WWE should do more often. So many times we just get an all out stable that is always together, and constantly working their heelish ways to the top. How about a group of individuals that would come together as "heels" when they felt the need.

How about around The Royal Rumble, or Survivor Series? Those two PPV's would make sense creatively to begin assembling. Perhaps the group works towards helping one another during the Rumble match, and taking an oath to allow it to come down to them at the end. Maybe, they form a traditional Survivor Series team, and they take on the opposing "face" team made up of who they are individually feuding with. There is also the MITB, and several title shots. The rest of the time they are spent as singles stars. Think of them as A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but not with such a lame title.

These four men are led by none other than Triple H (J.J Dillon of the group). Cm Punk, Sheamus, Randy Orton, and finally John Cena. Del Rio has already had WWE gold, and I think the other three will do very well for themselves in the WWE. All four of these men will have solid feuds going as singles stars, but also make up this interesting group of well rounded ring workers, with skill sets, the mental capacity, and the experience to make this a solid heel stable when necessary.

It's like a Secret Society, but yet these men have their own individual paths. They are not like The NWO, or 4 Horesmen in which they are all constantly together. Perhaps make it interesting, and show them wining, and dining in Paris, or playing cards on Triple H's Yacht. Have the members have a secret handshake, and member ship logo on their tights, but not in plain sight. I have come up with some interesting names for their "Secret Society". I say "Secret Soceity" because it should first be booked as something that they have kept quiet from everyone else so not to make anyone feel left out, or shamed.

How about the name "Four Corner Kings"? After all a wrestling ring does have four corners. The other name I like is "The Wrestling Elite". I have always liked this name just simply for the word "Elite" being in it's name. Then there is "The International Wrestling Society". I feel that it is just a catchy name, and it has a modern sound to it. What do you all think?
I fixed up for you. I agree with everything up to the last paragraph.

Here's a tip.

NEVER DRINK AND POST

1 - 20 of 31 Posts