Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might take a while, but in the classic way let Truth and Kofi build as a fun fan favorite Team and then...
Boom
Let Kofi turn on fan favorite Truth
Giving Kofi a chance to not only develop a character but also get some kind of push.

I do want to see them last for a long time as champs though to build on the turn.

Do you think it would work?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Like Truth would get more over than kofi as faces. Just have Truth turn on Kofi and give Kofi that singles push and keep Truth as a funny tweener and you kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like Truth would get more over than kofi as faces. Just have Truth turn on Kofi and give Kofi that singles push and keep Truth as a funny tweener and you kill two birds with one stone.
you're right but for some reason they don't want Truth as a heel/tweener anymore
And I think they Kofi turn would give him a chance for some much needed character development (if he's capable)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think no one should turn because I hate how one memeber always has to turn on the other you can keep them as a team and let them do singles stuff also.

·
Rescued by Camacho
382 Posts
Kofi just seems like a natural face, but I would be interested to see how he goes as a heel, however I would prefer tha truth as a heel again.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,347 Posts
Very good thought, and great thread OP...

The problem is, Kofi is a natural face. He is this generation's S.D. Jones. It does not matter if he loses 8,765 matches in a row the thousands of kids at the tv tapings will cheer their hearts out for him because they think he will win. I personally would love to see a heel Kofi...

For that matter a heel S.D. Jones would have been awesome as well.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I don't understand the obsession with turning everyone heel. Kofi Kingston is perhaps the most natural over babyface WWE has within its entire midcard. I wouldn't mess with that. If they wanted to, they could push him to a higher station than the one at which he works today. If anything, it should be R-Truth who turns (though I would hope that it wouldn't happen until, say, January 2013 to set up a Wrestlemania opener between them), as he's proven he can be an entertaining heel. You could easily develop both characters, and re-intensify the babyface Kofi Kingston who hasn't really had visible fire in his belly since he feuded on-again and off-again with Dolph Ziggler in the midcard.

Reactions: Olympus

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
I don't understand the obsession with turning everyone heel. Kofi Kingston is perhaps the most natural over babyface WWE has within its entire midcard. I wouldn't mess with that. If they wanted to, they could push him to a higher station than the one at which he works today. If anything, it should be R-Truth who turns (though I would hope that it wouldn't happen until, say, January 2013 to set up a Wrestlemania opener between them), as he's proven he can be an entertaining heel. You could easily develop both characters, and re-intensify the babyface Kofi Kingston who hasn't really had visible fire in his belly since he feuded on-again and off-again with Dolph Ziggler in the midcard.
Hit the nail right on the head here.

·
Read Only
11,514 Posts
Completely completely completely agreed!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Kofi is a natural face like people have said, he sells merch, he's easily over with the crowd. There is no way WWE will or needs to turn Kofi heel. What they need to do is push him back to the upper card where he needs to be.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Hopefully they make something out of this. either that or this is a good way of writing them off TV (since the tag team champs never appear on television)

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I'd like to see it but any chance Kofi had of getting a push was this -

The feud with Orton.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Or, you know, he could just keep doing what he's doing, and remain a fairly over mid-card face. Yeah, that sounds good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Im all for face/heel turns, but people think it should happen just for the sake of it.

The main problem WWE has right now is that there is no mid-card at all. Ziggler wouldnt benefit from turning face, Kofi wouldnt benefit from turning heel. What they need is a month long feud, give the fans a chance to see some personality, let them take sides. Heel's are not getting heat with the crowd these days cos no one cares about a tag team match with 2 heels and 2 faces thrown together. Whats the point in getting involved in something like that as a fan hey?

Instead of these pointless matches the WWE needs to build a couple of decent feuds between the mid carders. No one needs to turn for the sake of it. What good is it going to do Kofi to turn heel just to tag with a different partner every other week.

I remember some epic feuds when i first started watching WWF between Jake the Snake and the Model, The mountie and Big Boss Man. Thats when people really cared about the mid card. We need something to care about.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts