Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm referring to the Cena/Lesnar/Laurinitus thing. My theory is as follows:

Sometime during his feud with Brock, Cena will reveal himself to be aligned with John Laurinitus. Laurinitus will subsequently turn on Brock, thus making him the top bad-ass face of WWE. Brock will continue to feud against both Cena and Laurinitus. Cena's smiling superman character will remain, win all the time, but this time, with the help of Johnny Ace. Remember, in Punk's worked-shoot "heard 'round the world", he cited both Laurinitus and Cena in his manifesto. If this is to be a new era, and the changing of the previous status quo, it would make perfect sense for Cena and Ace to be the villains. Plus, Lesnar is an exponentially better choice to feud with Ace. You all saw how non-believable the interaction was between Cena and Ace, tonight. Also, remember how Kurt Angle's character was when he first came to WWE during the Attitude Era? He was an uptight, milk-drinking, squeaky-clean square....and he was a fucking awesome heel. Cena can do something like that.

I hope it pans out to be something like this.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Question: Why would Laurinaitis bring Lesnar in, to attack Cena a few times, just to align with Cena and turn on Lesnar? What dose he possibly get out of that?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question: Why would Laurinaitis bring Lesnar in, to attack Cena a few times, just to align with Cena and turn on Lesnar? What dose he possibly get out of that?
I thought the same thing, but WWE gives up on explaining shit like that anyway. They are good at acting like certain things didn't happen. I will admit, though, that is a hole in the story. I'm just hoping they can, somehow, create a scenario similar to my post.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's pretty obvious how it plays out.

Triple H (Cena) v Lauranitis (Lesnar)
I could see that happening because WWE likes putting these proxy wars together where each guy is fighting on behalf of someone. I'm not a fan of it, but I can definitely see WWE doing this. That would sorta ruin this great feud for me, though.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
I thought the same thing, but WWE gives up on explaining shit like that anyway. They are good at acting like certain things didn't happen. I will admit, though, that is a hole in the story. I'm just hoping they can, somehow, create a scenario similar to my post.
LOL, alright, you made your point with the bolded. I feel like it's happened before. Vince McMahon returning before Wrestlemania 2000 to get The Rock back into the Title match, only to screw him over? (Even punched out Triple H and Shane, before aligning with them)

So yeah, there is a history of nonsensical hilarity that would allow any holes in your plot to be ignored.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
They could say that Johnny L tricked Lesnar into signing with the company with the promise of Lesnar becoming the face of the company. He knows that bringing in Lesnar would bring in some much needed exposure. But, he's still angry at Lesnar for leaving the WWE high and dry back in 2004. So, he promises to feed Lesnar the guy that took his spot as a way to entice Lesnar to sign the contract. He used Lesnar's dislike of Cena against him to get him to sign a WWE contract. Johnny & Cena turn on Lesnar and align because in Johnny's mind, Cena really is the best fit for someone to represent the WWE as its face. He wants to screw Lesnar the same way that Lesnar screwed the WWE back in 2004. Johnny can say that Brock leaving made Johhny scramble to find talent to replace him, thus making his job harder than it had to be. Cena says that Lesnar left the WWE high and try for the NFL. Cena could also play up the past beef between the two and say that he never got over Lesnar beating him. Basically; Ace used Lesnar for exposure and wants to screw him because he left in 2004 and Cena could say that he's joining with Ace because he never liked Lesnar and he needed to help to beat him. Cena and Ace use Lesnar's dislike for Cena against him and use it as a way to screw Lesnar over for screwing the WWE over. This would've been much better with Vince in the picture. He could say that he gave Lesnar everything that he ever wanted and Lesnar spat in the WWE's face by leaving them high and dry for the NFL. Vince could use Cena to help screw Lesnar because Cena is the perfect company man and a guy who would never leave the WWE like that. Cena could say that he aligned with Mr. McMahon because he knew never got over not beating Lesnar and that he wants to get out of Brock's shadow. He's tired of people believing that he wouldn't be where he is without Lesnar staying. I know that this isn't really all that good but it's something that I came up with.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
I could see that happening because WWE likes putting these proxy wars together where each guy is fighting on behalf of someone. I'm not a fan of it, but I can definitely see WWE doing this. That would sorta ruin this great feud for me, though.
It just sets up feuds better. Pretty much all of WWE's top guys are faces right now so you align Brock with Lauranitis and he runs thru the gauntlet. Cena, Punk, Triple H and probally ending with Rock or Taker.

Also Triple H and Cena make for a bigger heel faction than Ace and Cena. So when you pull the turn they set themselves up better.

·
Registered
335 Posts
LOL, alright, you made your point with the bolded. I feel like it's happened before. Vince McMahon returning before Wrestlemania 2000 to get The Rock back into the Title match, only to screw him over? (Even punched out Triple H and Shane, before aligning with them)

So yeah, there is a history of nonsensical hilarity that would allow any holes in your plot to be ignored.
But, but, but, but.... It was good for bussiness.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I'm referring to the Cena/Lesnar/Laurinitus thing. My theory is as follows:

Sometime during his feud with Brock, Cena will reveal himself to be aligned with John Laurinitus. Laurinitus will subsequently turn on Brock, thus making him the top bad-ass face of WWE. Brock will continue to feud against both Cena and Laurinitus. Cena's smiling superman character will remain, win all the time, but this time, with the help of Johnny Ace. Remember, in Punk's worked-shoot "heard 'round the world", he cited both Laurinitus and Cena in his manifesto. If this is to be a new era, and the changing of the previous status quo, it would make perfect sense for Cena and Ace to be the villains. Plus, Lesnar is an exponentially better choice to feud with Ace. You all saw how non-believable the interaction was between Cena and Ace, tonight. Also, remember how Kurt Angle's character was when he first came to WWE during the Attitude Era? He was an uptight, milk-drinking, squeaky-clean square....and he was a fucking awesome heel. Cena can do something like that.

I hope it pans out to be something like this.

:no: that was just awful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts