Wrestling Forum banner

This is how bad WWE Booking has been.

4049 Views 45 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  Medo
People wonder why Cena gets booed and you heard nothing but CM Punk chants last night.

Can it be that they have given us the same recycled garbage the last 3-4 years ?

They dont know how to use an effective heel correctly

They do a shit job in getting any of their young talent over

They force feed boring promos on their stars instead of letting them do their own ( pre approved ) promos

Never seen a promotion in my life that puts less effort in their secondary titles ( Intercontinental / US ) like Vince does. In the old NWA the US title was neck and neck with the world title. Hell even the tv title was interesting.

The tag division has been dead and buried for 4 + yeears

But worse than anything is this:

The stat below shows you how bad things are with WWE's booking

Yesterdays Elimination Chamber Pay-Per-View wase the first WWE Pay-Per-View in over two years that did not have John Cena or Randy Orton involved in a title match. The last time the company had a Pay-Per-View that fit that criteria was Cyber Sunday on October 26th, 2008, which had neither Cena nor Orton on the card.

The last PPV that both Cena and Orton were on but didn't involve them in title matches was Survivor Series 2006, though both men were in Survivor Series-style matches and Cena was WWE Champion. The last PPV that had both of them in non-championship singles matches was Vengeance 2006 on June 25th, 2006 !!!!!!

ENOUGH !!!!!!
Reactions: kamatose and Chismo
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
7,766 Posts
Orton was the top heel in WWE from 2007 until early 2010 and is now the 2nd top babyface on RAW while Cena has been the top babyface in WWE since 2005.

Of course atleast one of them is going to been in a title match.

· Registered
819 Posts
My biggest complaint with the WWE's booking right now is the lack of mid-card feuds for gold right now. Back when I started watching wrestling about ten years ago there were always interesting, well booked, entertaining quality compelling feuds over the mid-card belts. When there was no feuds happening, the belts were still a prominent fixture of the show. That is how you get mid-card talent over, not pushing them into the WWE/WHC title picture when they're still green, which only devalues the belt and makes the superstar look bad. If there was more credible talent maybe it wouldn't be Orton/Cena every PPV.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
My biggest complaint with the WWE's booking right now is the lack of mid-card feuds for gold right now. Back when I started watching wrestling about ten years ago there were always interesting, well booked, entertaining quality compelling feuds over the mid-card belts. When there was no feuds happening, the belts were still a prominent fixture of the show. That is how you get mid-card talent over, not pushing them into the WWE/WHC title picture when they're still green, which only devalues the belt and makes the superstar look bad. If there was more credible talent maybe it wouldn't be Orton/Cena every PPV.
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
992 Posts
While I dislike the constant pushing of the same people, it makes business sense. It hasn't stopped you watching has it?

My only dislike is (as pointed out) the lack of titles. We currently have 2 main titles and 2 mid-card titles.

Surely it should be (in order of 'status'):
2 main titles (one on each brand),
The intercontinental title (open to either brand)
The U.S. and European titles (one on each brand),
The hardcore, divas, cruiserweight and tag titles (all open to each brand).

That would create many feuds AND so-called cross-brand storylines for when the number of wrestlers gets a little depleted. Thees-a mek-a sense, no?

· Registered
3,506 Posts
its because people know that WWE is fake, these days, no one new it in the old days..

· Registered
819 Posts
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVx5PjMhqlo

This is totally just a random example that came to mind, but how often do you see a match of this caliber over a mid-card belt these days, never. On free TV too. This is how you get the midcard wrestlers and titles over. Not by putting the belts on one guy for months at a time almost never defending it.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
It's no surprise how crap the WWE booking/ writing team have been. When they do stumble across something good (accidentally now I believe) such as Nexus, they become startled and ruin it. They are possibly one of the worst writing teams we've had to endure in a loooooong time. It takes someone like the Rock to come back with his own ideas to help boost it. Sad. How much are these morons being paid?

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Yeah, but back then they had one World champion, so guys really had to work to get to the top. These days since we have two it is so much easier to push someone who is not ready, Sheamus and Jack Swagger are prefect examples of this.

The titles IMO:

WWE Undisputed Championship-Both brands
WWE IC Championship-Raw
WWE US Championship-Smackdown
WWE Tag-team Championship-Raw
WWE Womens Championship-Smackdown

· Registered
819 Posts
Yeah, but back then they had one World champion, so guys really had to work to get to the top. These days since we have two it is so much easier to push someone who is not ready, Sheamus and Jack Swagger are prefect examples of this.

The titles IMIO:

WWE Undisputed Championship-Both brands
WWE IC Championship-Raw
WWE US Championship-Smackdown
WWE Tag-team Championship-Raw
WWE Womens Championship-Smackdown
Well I was referring to the 00-05 era as a whole. Before and after the brand split. But you have a point.

· Registered
819 Posts
It's no surprise how crap the WWE booking/ writing team have been. When they do stumble across something good (accidentally now I believe) such as Nexus, they become startled and ruin it. They are possibly one of the worst writing teams we've had to endure in a loooooong time. It takes someone like the Rock to come back with his own ideas to help boost it. Sad. How much are these morons being paid?
I'm not saying the IWC would be any better at booking, but there a lot of level-headed posters on here that impress me with their idea's and opinions. I'm not saying these people should be on the creative team, I'm just saying the creative team should be comprised of wrestling bookers and writers, not childrens / comedy writers.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
WWE biggest problem is that they lack long-term planning, that is why a ton of their feuds are always a let down. In a prefect world the main event at Wrestlemania would be CM Punk vs John Cena, but they blew their load by having them interact so many times already, instead of keeping them apart.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
WWE biggest problem is that lack long-term thinking, that is why a ton of their feuds are always a let down. In a prefect world the main event at Wrestlemania would be CM Punk vs John Cena, but they blew their load by having them interact so many times already, instead of keeping them apart.
They have to do that because all other wrestlers even midcarders are considered not credible by fans. WWE can't use them to feud with superstars. Those unworthy wrestlers are simply booked as "not as good" or as jobbers and buried. In past, jobbers didn't really exist and midcarders were still credible threats.

Short storylines come from the fact that you have to create artificial surprise or novelty to entertain the fans. You can't always feed them with the same feud. It's a direct product of the lack of credible opponents and over-jobbing.

Lack of credible competitors = eternal return of the same.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.