Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so done with this chant!
It's just so insanely easy to get this chant. Backlash was very mediocre in terms of wrestling and AJ v KO (which really flopped) received a "This is awesome!" chant. What?
Just go at it for 10-15 minutes of whatever you want, do a top rope spot and there you have it "This is awesome!".

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Here's the secret that I haven't seen anybody else spell out.

The trigger is when the wrestlers exceed the rules of the kayfabe universe for what they can do.

That's the trigger.

It means they worked the crowd into believing they're incredible, tough, resilient, etc for surviving a greater deal of punishment to what the rules of the universe have conditioned us to expect.

And therefore, the 'this is awesome' crowd are marks for kayfabe pain thresholds being exceeded.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
I'd love if someone could honestly date back when this chant first started.. I'd imagine it was a match that truly deserved those chants.. Then post that match Vs the horseshit matches that garners those chants now.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
another chant hate thread.

we had "10" chant hate.
"cm punk" chant hate.
"what" chant hate.
"you deserve it" chant hate.
anti roman chants hate.

are the people even allowed to chant something nowdays or do it still trigger someone?

yall deserve NJPW crowds. (or for the njpw fans i should say "silent" crowds)

thank god wwe doesnt do shows in the hammerstein ballroom.
the complaing in this forum would be over 9000.

·
Registered
664 Posts
another chant hate thread.

we had "10" chant hate.
"cm punk" chant hate.
"what" chant hate.
"you deserve it" chant hate.
anti roman chants hate.

are the people even allowed to chant something nowdays or do it still trigger someone?

yall deserve NJPW crowds. (or for the njpw fans i should say "silent" crowds)

thank god wwe doesnt do shows in the hammerstein ballroom.
the complaing in this forum would be over 9000.
The live crowd shouldn't be able to have fun. Them having fun is ruining the PPV for all of us watching!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I agree OP. In fact, I think this thread is awesome.

What? You didn't hear my reply? I said THIS IS AWESOME.

THIS IS AWESOME.

THIS IS AWESOME.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
It's even infected Lucha Underground too.. At least that crowd is a little more judicious with it.. but barely.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Get the fuck over it. The crowd can chant whatever the fuck they want, if they feel it's awesome they should be allowed to express themselves. No one saying it's the best thing of all time. And besides, AJ/KO certainly wasn't a flop.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Yes, it does feel like the chant is overused these days. But the fact is, if you're in the crowd, some matches do come off as "awesome" compared to how they look on TV. Especially when you've had a few beers!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You guys are miserable, the crowd is piss drunk maybe and just chanting random shit cause its FUN.

Enjoying the show for what it is and not trying to be armchair CEOs!

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
Wait, so I wasn't the only one disappointed with the KO/Styles match? I know you don't want to go all out during your first meeting but this match just lacked...something.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,022 Posts
they weren't saying it for the match there was a pretty blonde going topless up in the balcony, that's what the chant was for

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I'd love if someone could honestly date back when this chant first started.. I'd imagine it was a match that truly deserved those chants.. Then post that match Vs the horseshit matches that garners those chants now.
In WWE (I heard it before in ROH), the chant started with The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25 (2009) and that match is truly an awesome spectacle.

"This is awesome!" chant is like the DDT, overused and lost its original effect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts