Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether it's true or not, the promo Cody cut about British people's teeth this week was awesome. And the great part is, everywhere WWE goes there's something to talk about. Brits with bad teeth, fat Americans, etc. If he could do this sort of thing every week, it would be great or him. Just giving grooming tips isn't enough, since they're lame on their own. But you know what works? Him telling crowds and/or wrestlers what's wrong them, then offering the grooming tips, like he did this time.

This is the way he should've been all along. It really is win.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
The segment was brilliant from the get-go, but that God Save Your Teeth just topped it off. Everyone in the arena reacted in some way - even the people near me who were booing Cody or calling him 'gay' :)rolleyes:) during his entrance were joining in the Cody chants by the end of it.

It really is a great concept, as you said. It could work with any audience - and, as long as he doesn't run into overkill territories, it could potentially be extremely entertaining for weeks.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I had a chuckle watching it as well. Him explaining a toothbrush to a kid was pretty damn funny and I laughed heavily when he said "collective breathe". Yeah Idk why either.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Yeah it was awesome. The cuts to the guys in the crowd were hilarious, specially the first guy who didnt realise he was on the Titantron!! Wasnt a huge fan of Cody before tuesday night but he is brilliant on the mic, would like to see him get a push as he is over with the crowd.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Brilliant. "I see Summer teeth. Summer Yellow, Summer Green.... summer missing." :lmao

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,092 Posts
There you go.

It was time for WWE to take this character to the next step. One would think this will continue on a regular basis now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Great segment. Btw OP, didn't you make a "Dashing Cody Rhodes = Fail" thread few weeks back? I'm glad he has won you over, heh.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
We're friends. And as a friend!!! Oh props.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
LOL Cody was great tonight had me laughing especially when they caught that guy picking his teeth. Then I laughed even harder at the end when on commentary one of the guys said Cody is so right about this it took me 2 hours to find a tooth pick and one of the other guys said yeah I noticed. This promo was perfect in all ways.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great segment. Btw OP, didn't you make a "Dashing Cody Rhodes = Fail" thread few weeks back? I'm glad he has won you over, heh.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yeah, I did. Your memory is too good. But he's only win if he stays this way. If he goes back to his old style, he's fail again.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Cody has been gold since this gimmick started. His dressing down of Matt Hardy was one of the best promos of 2010 and I definitely think they should keep this theme going, with him walking down the ramp picking out the crowd's/wrestler's faults before the match. He will definitely get over this way.

His promo with Matt Hardy was good because he plays the chracter so well, everything from his smiling in between his lines, his jock style laughing...all perfect.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
i absoluely hated cody when he was in legacy...but now he's one of my favourites. i just hope that the wwe don't find a way to kill his character...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm loving this gimmick. IMO, he's either finally gotten the chance to show what he can do, or he's really improved since Legacy (I was still a fan of his back then).

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yeah it was pretty damn funny. I think he'll be IC champion within the year.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
He's Dashing what did you expect ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cody Rhodes is bullshit, because is worst wrestler, worst gimmick.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i definetely love cody's new gimmick, to be honest, back in legacy he was just evil henchmen number 2, right now at least he has a personality on his own and is not a background guy no more

the promo he cut was hilarious, i laughed a lot when he gave the listerine bottle to the guy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts