Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you expect we will see the third wrestling company on national television, such as WWE & TNA

Or is it just a dream situation

All wrestlers who go out of WWE & TNA

Go to independent

SO SAD

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
what's so sad about people going to the indies? People like Chris Hero for example probably make a good living out of it AND produce some great matches. Plus they don't have to deal with the grueling WWE schedule.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what's so sad about people going to the indies? People like Chris Hero for example probably make a good living out of it AND produce some great matches. Plus they don't have to deal with the grueling WWE schedule.

Chris Hero Deserves to be on TV

HE Is a great wrestler

Wrestling need a third company on TV

For everyone

Such as the nineties

I LOVE indies I LOVE JCW - CZW

But wrestling in America need a third company on TV

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
ROH should get a Tv deal. (Do they have one on American tv?)

I watch in on their website, but I'd love it if it was Tv here. Fx could carry it on Fridays.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Do you expect we will see the third wrestling company on national television, such as WWE & TNA

Or is it just a dream situation

All wrestlers who go out of WWE & TNA

Go to independent

SO SAD
HAH
:steiner2

·
Registered
804 Posts
There isn't enough demand for wrestling atm. Look at WWE's and TNA's ratings.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I respect the independent wrestling

And I love JCW & CZW

But wrestling need a third company on TV

The third company the best of all

FANS - Wrestlers

There is talent on the independent deserve to be on TV

Ex-stars in the past

We want to see them on TV and not in the Independent

For these reasons we need a third company on TV

But it seems this is just a dream will not be achieved on the ground

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I respect the independent wrestling

And I love JCW & CZW

But wrestling need a third company on TV

The third company the best of all

FANS - Wrestlers

There is talent on the independent deserve to be on TV

Ex-stars in the past

We want to see them on TV and not in the Independent

For these reasons we need a third company on TV

But it seems this is just a dream will not be achieved on the ground
\

HOW THE FUCK DO WE NOT HAVE A SHEIK SMILEY!?

·
Premium Member
15,602 Posts
Yeah, he types just like Sheik talks.

It's probably harder for promotions to get on TV now, as wrestling is nowhere near as strong as it was 15 years ago.

It would be nice, as it provides possibly better money and opportunities for those not in WWE or TNA but again, wrestling isn't strong and I don't think is in the position to have 3 promotions on national TV and profit from it. TNA is prime example. They should be doing great and they aren't. Not just them but WWE's ratings are nowhere near what they used to be.

And then there's the internet. For some promotions, they're better off with iPPV instead of seeking a TV deal, simply because is there truly a market for a third promotion on national TV when the first 2 are struggling (ratings wise)?

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I get ROH on my local channel on Saturdays...at midnight..
I would be happy if they put it on at 3 AM on a work night in my market. Right now there's only WWF and TNA here. Recently, for about a year, old Mid-South matches aired here on Friday nights and wild horses could not drag me away from my TV for that one hour. Have no idea who was behind it but I miss it.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
No.

Currently, there's no promotion even close to the level of being on a national level and being successful against WWE/TNA. You would need someone with a lot of money behind him to even make the fed, and even then there's no guarantee that it would be successful. TNA proved with Hogan, Sting, Flair, etc that names do not equal ratings.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No.

Currently, there's no promotion even close to the level of being on a national level and being successful against WWE/TNA. You would need someone with a lot of money behind him to even make the fed, and even then there's no guarantee that it would be successful. TNA proved with Hogan, Sting, Flair, etc that names do not equal ratings.
Names in fact did equal ratings.

They didn't equal sustained ratings because TNA is/was poorly ran and nostalgia only goes so far and literally all Hogan, Flair and to a lesser degree Sting are good for at this point (and that point) is nostalgia.

TNA did some big ratings, but TNA did what TNA constantly does and acted like a borderline equal to WWE rather than working to try to become that equal.

TNA switching to Mondays was a disastrous idea.

·
Working on a novel about about nothing
2,097 Posts
Are we all just going to act like ROH isn't owned by a major TV company and has been on TV for the last 2 years?
Nope. We aren't. Wanna know why? Of course you do. Otherwise you wouldn't ask that question. Right? Of course!

Based on its definition, National TV isn't incredibly TOO hard to obtain. I believe TCW, CWFH, and ROH might obtain that lax concept in 2013. The OP says "...like WWE and TNA" thus he would be talking about wrestling shows on basic cable or satellite, not in various sections of the USA but widespread.

ROH doesn't fit in that category so no one is "acting" like ROH doesn't fit the idea, it just simply doesn't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts