Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Learnt to break kayfabe
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this could be possible. NXT can have 3 seasons a year, with a few weeks to spare. That will leave us with 24 rookies who saw the spotlight, but will have to leave and return to FCW, never to be seen again.

I think it would be possible for WWE to open a third Brand, something smaller then ECW, maybe a pure wrestling brand, keeping the ranking system from NXT into the new brand with a champion and a range of contenders.

And then when the draft comes around, these rookies can be 'recruited' to the big leagues, maybe 4 each and then we can see another season to replace the 4 missing rookies

thoughts?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like the idea. They can keep the name NXT if they want. Have some championships in there. Fans vote on there favorites and they get ranked and the highest ranked ones get title shots.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why not air FCW shows?
Because the production quality for FCW right now SUCKS. They'd need to fancy it up if they wanted to do that, and it wouldn't sell that many tickets considering it's like the Impact arena, as in they never really go anywhere but that one arena.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think that if there's going to be a brand-split then the mosre brands they have, the better. It gives us more options of stuff to watch and it gives the IWC more variety to complain about ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
They need a TV Deal with that being said I think they are going to just stick with Raw and Smackdown once October rolls around.

·
Registered
839 Posts
When NXT Season 2 ends, the 1-hour TV slot on Tuesday will disappear and SmackDown will move from MyNetworkTV to SiFi on Friday nights. It's been confirmed. (PS. I've also heard that the SmackDown premiere on SiFi will be the first ever LIVE SmackDown broadcast, as a one-off)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Bring back Heat or Velocity, then atleast they can go to Raw or Smackdown and aren't stuck in obscurity like WWECW.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
I want a third brand that isn't ECW, I think a third brand couldn't have another world title though. So instead it should feature belts like the IC belt, Cruiserweight belt and Tag team Titles. Like a Superstars show except its relevant.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
They shouldn't air fcw, hence why its called developmental territory, but as for the 1st post, good idea

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've enjoyed both seasons of NXT but they will run low on credible guys to use after a while. I could see one of two more seasons after this one but think it will run it's course. I say keep two brands.....RAW and Smackdown. It will be interesting to see if another network would be interested in NXT or another new show. I could dig a cruiserweights show but Vince seems to hate the CW division idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts