Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think you can be a good writer/Booker, better than anyone in TNA creative? This is your chance to prove it. If you have the necessary qualifications, apply for TNA's writer position and make your ideas heard.

Writer/Producer
TNA Entertainment

Position Description

The Writer/Producer will be responsible for the creative content and scripts of television content. He/She will work with a team of writers who will produce original, compelling content for broadcast.

Key Responsibilities

- Develop and implement creative storylines for broadcast on TNA television broadcast.

- Build compelling stories that capture the audience.

- Consistently improve and refine storylines.

- Use consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the TNA brand and each talent’s skills.

Desired Skills and Qualifications

- A creative, original thinker with great programming instincts.

- Minimum of 3 years writing and production experience in television preferred.

- Deep understanding of pop culture, trends, and topical events, especially as they relate to television programming.

- Writing and directing reality television a plus.

- An experimental, risk-taking mindset. Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.

- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate story lines, including vision and strategy, effectively with senior management, writing and production teams, and external parties.

- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.

Please submit resumes and any other applicable material to [email protected] with Writer/Producer in the subject line.

TNA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. TNA prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
Bruce Prichard, this is your chance!

Seriously the dude on the Steve Austin show said he was looking for work. :D

Reactions: Cliffy

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills.
That eliminates most of the IWC

- Minimum of 3 years writing and production experience in television preferred.
That eliminates everyone from the indies and that has never worked for WWE

- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.
That eliminates most writers that arent involved with wrestling.

It basicly means they are looking for a 'former WWE writer'. I just hope they dont end up with some D-list reality tv writer that is desperate for work. WWE also has some of those failed hollywood writers backstage.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
They need to bring someone outside from the "bubble" with some television experience. There are many cheap underrated writers out there. But please... don't go for soap opera writers.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
That's an easier gig than getting one in Stamford... and I qualify on all counts. So my application will go in tomorrow morning.

If I get the job, though, I shan't tell anyone. I don't want you fuckers calling me out on shit and PMing me suggestions to push AJ/Abyss/Joe every thirty fucking seconds. I will guarantee a run with the belt for Daniels though.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
That eliminates most of the IWC

That eliminates everyone from the indies and that has never worked for WWE

That eliminates most writers that arent involved with wrestling.

It basicly means they are looking for a 'former WWE writer'. I just hope they dont end up with some D-list reality tv writer that is desperate for work. WWE also has some of those failed hollywood writers backstage.
Well there are enough former wwe writers to go around, seriously the amount of writers that company goes through is insane.

Cwf Hollywood has a wwe writer on the payroll, I think it was the guy that took out his fake eye on raw.

There was a guy who left wwe over the summer who was considered the head writer and was given credit why the first 6 months or so were decent to good and why everything shit the bed when he left.

He might be worth a shot, I'm not going to shit on this but you already have a Hollywood guy in Dave lagana and he worked with a lot of Hollywood wwe writers. How about have lagana go threw his cell phone for people he thinks are worth bringing in.

Or how abut a wrestling person to go along with laganas outside the box thinking. Raven is available but his former drug problems are a little off putting. Corino is available, dibiase, Sullivan, I know a lot of these guys are old school but maybe a little old school knowledge with laganas entertainment "skills"

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
That's an easier gig than getting one in Stamford... and I qualify on all counts. So my application will go in tomorrow morning.

If I get the job, though, I shan't tell anyone. I don't want you fuckers calling me out on shit and PMing me suggestions to push AJ/Abyss/Joe every thirty fucking seconds. I will guarantee a run with the belt for Daniels though.
What TV show did you write for 3 years?

I don't think web show or local TV would count either.

As for this, I can't wait to see the resumses of all the people who said they can do better then TNA creative being submitted. Cliffy Byro, ManiacMichaelMeyers, TEWA and the rest of you guys, here's your chance!

inb4 none of you apply.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts

As for this, I can't wait to see the resumses of all the people who said they can do better then TNA creative being submitted. Cliffy Byro, ManiacMichaelMeyers, TEWA and the rest of you guys, here's your chance!

inb4 none of you apply.
Why would i apply for a job at a dying company run by morons that's based in Nashville when i'm based on the other side of the world and quite happy with where i am in life ?

Another garbage post. Just stahp

Reactions: Afterlife

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts

inb4 none of you apply.
:lol Watch the spelling of my last name. :)
I already mentioned in the last thread that I lack the professional qualifications. I still know I could write a fun and entertaining show. I doubt anyone here has 3 years prior television experience.

5,111 Posts
Reading what they’re looking for, that emphasis on reality television background irks me some; I’m not sure how that translates directly to pro wrestling. I can see the overlap but…hmm, I don’t know that I like it. But anyway...

...if they would consider writing for stage in lieu of television, I’m somewhat qualified. I’ve edited and produced video and television for small market live sports and entertainment events if that helps. I like wrestling. I’m creative. If I had a US work visa I’d apply. Why not? :lol

Seriously, I wouldn’t get the job but I do have many of the required skills and there might be some wrestling fans out there with all of them. Just 'cause someone likes wrestling and has free time to wander around online that doesn't exclude the possibility of having a job with one of the bazillion reality tv production companies.

Now I would have applied for the multimedia position they had a few months ago but for the same non-American citizen with no visa deal (and a few other not exactly minor reservations). I’m 100% qualified for that job and would be a realistic candidate. I don't know why people in this section act as if getting hired in a production/advertising/whatever capacity with TNA would require superamazing knowledge and connections beyond the reality of mere mortals. It's really doesn't seem like it would be all that hard.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts

inb4 none of you apply.
I was actually a factual producer and writer for several shows on Sky, have had numerous meetings over projects with the BBC and have even pitched Comedy Central, HBO and Starz in the past. I'm also fairly well respected for my script doctoring skills. My past isn't all substance abuse, autism and wrestling. I've actually got quite a few strings to my bow, and my address book wouldn't be unappealing to a company like TNA.

To be honest, I think my location is the only mark against me. Not because I'm an arrogant prick or anything, but because I genuinely think I tick the boxes.

My plan is to send in a resume, a cover letter, and a sample format for an episode of Impact and see what comes. I know I can make TNA interesting again, so long as they put enough faith in me to use the guys on the roster correctly and as I see fit. If I got the job and my instructions were 'these guys need to be here on the card at all times' I think I'd have to quit. I'm not going to fuck about treading water for a living. It's upwards or outwards.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was actually a factual producer and writer for several shows on Sky, have had numerous meetings over projects with the BBC and have even pitched Comedy Central, HBO and Starz in the past. I'm also fairly well respected for my script doctoring skills. My past isn't all substance abuse, autism and wrestling. I've actually got quite a few strings to my bow, and my address book wouldn't be unappealing to a company like TNA.

To be honest, I think my location is the only mark against me. Not because I'm an arrogant prick or anything, but because I genuinely think I tick the boxes.

My plan is to send in a resume, a cover letter, and a sample format for an episode of Impact and see what comes. I know I can make TNA interesting again, so long as they put enough faith in me to use the guys on the roster correctly and as I see fit. If I got the job and my instructions were 'these guys need to be here on the card at all times' I think I'd have to quit. I'm not going to fuck about treading water for a living. It's upwards or outwards.
nice.:clap

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Reading what they’re looking for, that emphasis on reality television background irks me some;
This part also jumped right out at me. TNA has always been all about blending the reality (ahead of WWE in that regard until lately), but now they are obviously pushing to go all out with it with the 24/7 thing.

They want a reality show blended with wrestling basically. I don't know that I'd even care to write that because while I'm not completely put off by 'reality' characters, I'd feel constrained only being able to write them.

TNA: Write a segment for the guy behind Manik's mask explaining his day to day life and what he does when he's not TNA's Manik.
ME:

I'd rather write some off the wall fantasy based superhero back story for him.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
I'd rather write some off the wall fantasy based superhero back story for him.
Well yeah, but your competition does similar things.

Isn't the IWC the ones who always say "TNA needs to make itself different from WWE"? Now they're doing it and we're all mad because it's different?

Reality wrestling is something that hasn't been done and depending on what they do with it, it could be really great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts