1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
That Super Cena was dead?

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I actually assumed Eddie Guerrero's death was a work until years after the fact :/
It took me several months to realize his death was no part of some storyline.

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts
I thought the Undertaker would bury people after putting them in body bags, in the early 90s. Had nightmares about this.

Also, thought Papa Shango's curse on the Warrior killed him. I believed the rumor that there was a 2nd Warrior.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That Kane and Undertaker were actually brothers....

Oh and that Kane's face was actually burn to the extent of being unrecognisable.

God Kane scared the shit out of me when I was younger. (97-2000 era)

·
Registered
50 Posts
-That Savage and Liz actually got married at Summerslam when in reality they had already been married for years (and I think they were separated or divorced at the time of their kayfabe wedding).

-When Cactus Jack and Terry Funk took a ride off the RAW stage in a garbage dumpster courtesy of the New Age Outlaws. The way that the aftermath played out live had me convinced that it wasn't a part of the show.

-Jobbers back in the day (other than Barry Horowitz and Iron Mike Sharpe) were just normal human beings that didn't possess the superpowers of the established stars (props to the Ryback character for bringing this back in hilarious fashion).

Indeed, perception is reality in the wrestling world (and getting conned into believing is why we all love this crazy business, right?).

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I used to belive that The Rock is cool.

Reactions: -Extra-

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I used to think they used blood capsules. I was shocked to discover the practice of blading to bloody wrestlers, it just seemed astronomically dangerous and stupid in an age after the discovery of deadly blood diseases like HIV and Hepatitis C.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I never realized they had story lines and thought that the things that were happening were real

·
Registered
211 Posts
It wasn't until my mid-teens, long after I stopped watching WWE and long before I restarted in my 20s, that I realised it was all scripted and storylined. *facepalm*

As an 11 year old in 2000 I rarely got online so didn't realise the true stuff. So I initially thought Mae Young somehow did birth a hand....

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I was devastated after Shawn lost his smile and retired. I thought he had a legit career ending injury. And then he came like a month later and was jumping around during the Slammys ceremony. :eek:

:eddie

1 - 20 of 60 Posts