Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people on this site(probably even bigger % reading this thread based on the section I'm posting it in) would do anything to get attitude era back and WWE stuff today to end.

But regardless of peoples opinions.....What are some stuff that WWE does today that you wished they did 10-15 years ago?

One big thing for me would be video packages. They did do some video packages(real good ones too) in the late 90s, but today, we see them way more often. Especially with technology of today, imagine the great video packages/music we'd have for the feuds/Raw rebound videos considering that way more stories went on back then.

The big stadiums for WM would have been great too. Watching old WMs,especially ones in the 90s, look real plain. I actually think WM set in first few WMs looked better than WM set we saw around mid-late 90s.

Imagine if WM in 1999 or something happened in a stadium with over 50,000 people.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
The production quality is a big thing. obviously thats more technology related than creatively or booking related.

But with some of the stuff the Divas were involved in in the AE its a shame HQ pics and HD TV weren't available then.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
The Internet of today was around back then, its changed things so much and would be a cool dynamic.

other than that? nothing since every things regressed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The production quality is a big thing. obviously thats more technology related than creatively or booking related.
Personally, I think it was better in AE. It was more grungy and edgy. With HD its all bright, sparkly and clean - not what I think of when it comes to WWE. The old smoky arenas with a simple tron and ramp made it seem so much cooler.

Twitter, in character, would've been interesting. 3hr Raws were probably more doable back then than they are now roster/storyline wise. MITB with younger Edge and Christian, Hardyz etc

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I know nostalgia plays a large role in my feeling this way, but I liked the product a lot more when the production qualities were more simplistic. Just a titantron, a stage, some banners and a couple camera angles. The occasional pyro, it's all you needed. Everything today is so overproduced, they clearly put more work into the TV production than they do the quality of the product, and that's something I would never wish on the AE for certain.

I honestly can't think of a single thing they do today better than they did back then from the standpoint that it would make the AE better than it was. Honestly, not a single thing.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I have a list -

1. Money in the bank (Edge vs. Christian vs. Jeff vs. Matt vs. D-von vs. Ray.

2. Elimination Chamber (Triple H vs. Undertaker vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi)

3. 3 Hour RAWs

4. Twitter thing

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I wish they had longer and better matches on TV, instead of Russo's shitty soap opera booking that left matches with about 2 minutes each (obviously just referring to 98 and 99, the height of Russo's booking and whatnot, 97 was really good mostly and 2000 imo is the greatest year ever).

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
1. Better Technology and Productions.

2. Money in the Bank.

3. Elimination Chamber.

4. Wellness Policy.

5. Occasional Super-shows.

Other than that? Nothing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1) Production value (wasn't exactly their choice back then).
2) Elimination Chamber (Epic!)
3) Money in the Bank (Ditto)
4) Wellness Policy

Don't really care about anything else.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Honetly, the differences between the product of the late 90s and the product of today isn't nearly as different as people make it out to be. The only major difference is they no longer build their midcard for some strange reason.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Elimination Chamber and Money In The Bank would have been good in the Attitude Era. Imagine Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H, Steve Austin, Mankind and Kane in the Chamber. That would've been pretty sweet.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I like todays product and not one of the guys who worships the additude era but I seriously can't think of anything that wwe does today what the should have done in the additude era. It's all the same kinda.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
One of th emain things I wish they had back in the days of the Aittitude Era was huge arenas, it seemed they were always in small arenas and god knows if they went to stadiums like Wrestlemania 27 or 28 they could fill them up.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Summer of Punk angle would have been nice. It probably would have been for the IC title, but the angle would have been great, seeing Punk rise against Cena, the great IC champ who never seems to lose. plus the writing was better back then, so the angle wouldn't have died so suddenly.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
3 hours Raws. Just imagine yourself watching Raw is War in 2001, and knowing that tonight's episode is 3 hours! Even better, a commercial-free 3-hour Raw is War! Wow!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
1. Elimination Chamber
2. Money In The Bank
3. Three Hour Raw (occasionally in 2000-2001).

The Wellness Policy and production is something I would pass on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts