Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JR saying that a wrestler brought an equalizer... for obvious reasons we can't get either

That moments when we can feel the tension between the wrestlers

When we see our fav wrestler coming back and beating the crap out of someone,gets the win or not

And more...

·
Premium Member
43,610 Posts
Good Writing. I miss that alot.

- The storylines are stupid. Pretty much anything on Smackdown right now is a perfect example of this.
- Alot of the characters are annoying (Hornswoggle, Vickie Guerrero, R-Truth, Santino, LayCool)
- The promos are overly scripted to the point that people sound robotic and mechanical.
- They've completely abandoned their formula for building guys up. Hell, they just flat out don't do it. They just decide one day "OK, Sheamus is World Champion" or "Hey, lets put the belt on that jobber guy Jack Swagger".
- There is no sense of want anymore. Either the characters in the storylines are lame, so I don't want to see the match, or they handle it so poorly that my interest in the match is lessened. And even if they do something I am really digging, they manage to ruin it (Punk's title run...ugh).

If you want a fundamental problem in wrestling (TNA I'm looking at you too) is the goddamn writing. The writing fucking sucks. We need a wave of young, freah, and creative minds to pull wrestling out of the sewer, because its pretty tough to watch now, I gotta be honest.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
triple threat TLC tag team matches

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
In no particular order:

1) Blood
2) Characters (character wise-no difference between Morrison and Kingston and many more examples can be listed)
3) Bra and panties matches/perverted women skin matches (If the divas are going to botch all the time, at least make it hot)
4) Longer title reigns
5) Storylines carried throughout the night/cliffhanger that makes you want to watch next week's show
6) Wrestling announcers with a personality
7) Managers that DON'T wrestle returning (looking at Maryse)
8) ORIGINAL wrestling theme songs and not some crappy band doing a theme song that does not fit the character or event at all
9) Feuds ending at the pay per view and not carrying to multiple PPVs with nothing added to the story
10) Storylines that are topical (Ex: HBK having financial trouble due to bad ecomony)
11) More REAL tag teams that do tag team moves
12) A cruiserweight division
13) A Junior division
14) Jobber matches, it makes the PPV a must see cause you're not getting big matches on free TV
15) Non scripted word by word promos

There may be one or two more but that's what I got off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
In no particular order:

1) Blood
2) Characters (character wise-no difference between Morrison and Kingston and many more examples can be listed)
3) Bra and panties matches/perverted women skin matches (If the divas are going to botch all the time, at least make it hot)
4) Longer title reigns
5) Storylines carried throughout the night/cliffhanger that makes you want to watch next week's show
8) ORIGINAL wrestling theme songs and not some crappy band doing a theme song that does not fit the character or event at all
9) Feuds ending at the pay per view and not carrying to multiple PPVs with nothing added to the story
10) Storylines that are topical (Ex: HBK having financial trouble due to bad ecomony)
13) A Junior division
14) Jobber matches, it makes the PPV a must see cause you're not getting big matches on free TV

How many more do you want?

·
Registered
837 Posts
When midcard faces were allowed to have character.
When the midcard titles had stories behind them. Remember Rock vs. Triple H in a ladder match?
When random midcarders would get WWE title shots. Benoit in 2000 was a midcarder but he still got a title shot against Rock at Fully Loaded. Took him 4 more years to get his first WWE World title.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
When midcard faces were allowed to have character.
When the midcard titles had stories behind them. Remember Rock vs. Triple H in a ladder match?
When random midcarders would get WWE title shots. Benoit in 2000 was a midcarder but he still got a title shot against Rock at Fully Loaded. Took him 4 more years to get his first WWE World title.
The feud was epic but that ladder match was awful...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
By specific order:

1. Good technical matches like SD! used to have during the Lesnar Era.
2. Swearing and blood.
3. Titles meaning SOMETHING!
4. Difference in the characters (faces are all the same, just like the heels).
5. JR as commentator!!

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Eric Bischoff as Raw General Manager.

Blood, but for gimmick matches that should have blood in them like HIAC/Street Fights etc.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eric Bischoff as Raw General Manager.

Blood, but for gimmick matches that should have blood in them like HIAC/Street Fights etc.
I'll get pissed if the Undertaker Vs Kane for the WHC Match at HIAC (it's obvious that that match is gonna happen) doesn't have tones of blood and violence :mad:

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
In no particular order:

1) Blood
4) Longer title reigns
13) A Junior division

especially # 14.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts