Wrestling Forum banner

Things that annoy me about fans on the wrestling forum

2798 Views 39 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Thumbinthebum
I HATE it when someone is called a 'troll' because of a unique opinion they may have. Everyone has different tastes. Not everyone likes The Rock and Stone Cold.

It is also annoying when people complain about wrestlers being 'BURIED. For example when Michael Cole wanted the divas match to end on RAW, I thought that was BRILLIANT. We need more promos like that. Where superstars insult each other as much as possible. Conflict is what makes wrestling great, that is why people need to get BURIED lol, I don't watch to see two guys talking about how much they respect each other Zzzzzzz...

I HATE it when people call the divas hookers, what the HELL have they done to become hookers.

I despise this myth of 'Good Heat' and 'Bad Heat'. There is no such thing. A boo is a damn boo. A reaction is a damn reaction. Michael Cole and Vickie Guerrero get reactions because they are POPULAR and worth reacting to. If anything bad heat would be getting silence because it shows the crowd doesn't even care to react.

what annoys you???
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
I despise this myth of 'Good Heat' and 'Bad Heat'. There is no such thing. A boo is a damn boo. A reaction is a damn reaction. Michael Cole and Vickie Guerrero get reactions because they are POPULAR and worth reacting to. If anything bad heat would be getting silence because it shows the crowd doesn't even care to react.
Spot... Fucking... On

· Registered
4,026 Posts
I HATE it when someone is called a 'troll' because of a unique opinion they may have. Everyone has different tastes. Not everyone likes The Rock and Stone Cold.

It is also annoying when people complain about wrestlers being 'BURIED. For example when Michael Cole wanted the divas match to end on RAW, I thought that was BRILLIANT. We need more promos like that. Where superstars insult each other as much as possible. Conflict is what makes wrestling great, that is why people need to get BURIED lol, I don't watch to see two guys talking about how much they respect each other Zzzzzzz...

I HATE it when people call the divas hookers, what the HELL have they done to become hookers.

what annoys you???
thanks for posting vince russo

· Registered
496 Posts
Here's what I'd say.
Good Heat either means heat done through unique or clever means / heat for a guy who deserves or needs it.
Bad Heat either means heat done through something anyone can do (talking crap about the town etc) or heat for a face which is bad
Divas aren't hookers.
When Cole wants the Divas match to end on Raw, that's TERRIBLE. No wonder women's wrestling doesn't get taken seriously in WWE anymore. if they're constantly snubbed by the guy everyone at home can hear through their television then that's fucking stupid.
Lastly, we don't NEED people to get buried. If people got "buried" that often then the business wouldn't make any sense. You probably don't know what the term buried means properly. What's been happening to Sheamus recently, that's a burial. Most other things are just someone losing.

· Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^

But HHH had to bury Sheamus. To establish the fact that he is a icon on a whole other level. If you make Cena, Orton etc. look equal to the likes of Primo and Zack Ryder, how can you establish who the main eventer is.

· #EMMAtained
5,963 Posts
U know what, I kind of agree with you. I think if a wrestler does get a reaction, thats better than nothing. I never understood 'X-pac' heat honestly, maybe because I'm a fan of the guy. He was a hard worker and a good worker in the ring. I think the only kind of bad heat could be if you are supposed to be a super face, say someone like Cena, or someone they are building towards that like Morrison and the crowd boo's you just because you are annoying them, that would be bad heat because they arent intending to get any heat. But if a heel gets a reaction, yeah thats a positive thing.

· Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
U know what, I kind of agree with you. I think if a wrestler does get a reaction, thats better than nothing. I never understood 'X-pac' heat honestly, maybe because I'm a fan of the guy. He was a hard worker and a good worker in the ring. I think the only kind of bad heat could be if you are supposed to be a super face, say someone like Cena, or someone they are building towards that like Morrison and the crowd boo's you just because you are annoying them, that would be bad heat because they arent intending to get any heat. But if a heel gets a reaction, yeah thats a positive thing.

fully agree

· Registered
496 Posts
^^^

But HHH had to bury Sheamus. To establish the fact that he is a icon on a whole other level. If you make Cena, Orton etc. look equal to the likes of Primo and Zack Ryder, how can you establish who the main eventer is.
If WWE booked it properly then those two would have had a feud carrying on after this. However due to other circumstances Sheamus has been left high and dry. I'm not just talking about what Triple H did.

And of course we're not trying to make everyone look equal, that's not what I'm talking about. Putting Sheamus over Triple H is how you would make a NEW main eventer. If you stuck with the same main eventers over and over with the low and mid card always remaining the same then you'd get a very stale product.

· Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If WWE booked it properly then those two would have had a feud carrying on after this. However due to other circumstances Sheamus has been left high and dry. I'm not just talking about what Triple H did.

And of course we're not trying to make everyone look equal, that's not what I'm talking about. Putting Sheamus over Triple H is how you would make a NEW main eventer. If you stuck with the same main eventers over and over with the low and mid card always remaining the same then you'd get a very stale product.

I don't agree that Sheamus should have got buried, I'm actually a fan of his but at this current stage WWE wanted to go for HHH vs Taker in a battle of icons. It makes perfect sense atm, for HHH to look like an ICON and make Sheamus not even look on his level. You can see that is the way they are building HHH up, he probably won't even have a match on RAW before Mania.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
X-Pac heat began during the invason storyline when everyone associated with the WWF side was supposed to be babyface by default. He was coming off a 2 year run as a heel in which had begun with him turning on Kane and stealing his girlfriend before once again alligning himself with Triple H in DX, forming his own heel stable, helping heel Billy Gunn against Edge, one of the hottest young babyfaces in 2001. Basically nobody bought it.

So, in summary, X-Pac heat refers to the heat a babyface gets when the crowd hates them. The Rock got that a few times in his career, especially in his first year, Cena gets is quite a lot although it's far from universal.

· Registered
321 Posts
It annoys me when fans on this forum don't think about the WWE as a business. If you want an hour worth of wrestling every Monday and Friday night, then you're watching the wrong company. Is 15 minutes of wrestling too little? Possibly, but we're in the home stretch to WrestleMania so they are going to use mic work to make people care about the angles so you shell out $50+ to watch a few hours of actual wrestling come April.

Why is John Cena acting like Superman? Because the kids (who the company is geared towards) believe he is vulnerable enough to get beat, just like kids in the 80's thought Hogan could get beat, so they are going to have Cena win a lot of matches. Does it get old with us "smarks" because we want something fresh? Yes, but Cena makes the company millions every year so of course they are going to keep him in the spotlight.

Why did the Undertaker get a huge buildup for his 100th comeback in the past year? Because it's the build up to WrestleMania and people are going to pay money to see him wrestle in April, so of course he's going to get a big build up.

The WWE isn't rocket science but some people treat it that way. That's what annoys me about the people on this forum.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
People don't need to be buried and I agree I don't think you understand what burial is. Burial is when you kill the guys heat. Sheamus has been buried I don't think anyone whispered when he came out last night. HHH didn't have to bury Sheamus, why does HHH need building?! He's a 13x World Champ and that's not enough? Taker didn't smash Kane's face in and Kane embarrassed him last year. Undertaker brushed those losses off and moved forward, HHH shouldve been able to do the same thing.

What we need is more parity. These guys are "I'm on a different level" and that stuff is ridiculous. Its common sense HHH and Sheamus are on a different level. That doesn't need to be said or shown. Undertaker ignores people beneath him, he even cracked a cocksure smirk at the thought of HHH challenging him at WM. That's how you build a match w/o burying your opponent.

· Registered
611 Posts
Well there is pretty much to hate in Wrestling forums in general not only here.
Most guys think they are over smart and acting like douchbags. According to many users a wrestler can't wrestle, is using backstage politics, has no charisma,not the look etc... if they are not currently marking for him.
If storylines are made for 1 month it is too short, if they are made for 6 month they are boring and too long.
According to most forum users kids in the audience are a bad thing and according to most forum guys these kids are stupid, well I was thinking the same thing over ten years ago when some guys here were watching the "holy" attitude era as KIDS.
It is all PG's fault ohhh there is so much more to hate, but on the other side it's nice to have a place to talk about wrestling.

· Banned
2,204 Posts

what annoys you???
I too have fallen into that trap of forgeting the bad atuff and just investing

The actual term is ring rats. The consense is that the women just theret for the men and of course we all know how Linda doesnt want to lose the millions that vince earns for her so she wouldnt dare object to her husband wanting to become Hugh Hefner can easily put it in their contrscts THERE'S NO UNION SO HE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT vince tends to target the more desparate of barbies who would do any thing for a living, i mean whats one or two nights with a sixty year old man gonna hurt

Conflict as in the actual wrestling matches the non wrestlers role is just to explian why, where and for what. Is it a bad thing for competitors to respectr eachother, you donty see most other sports stars lying thorugh their teeth or take so personally they need a counciller before even setting foot on the playing field

Wrestling needs to get out of using the most basic of human taboos just to disdinguish who is the heel and face, in a world where most of the time its the villans that steal the show anyway because criminals are conceptually fascinating, its turning away more people than it is gaining so please get these harpies off my wrestling show onto Howard Stern Radio where tety are most suited

Its not a matter of good or bad heat its a matter of getting rid of the excess so werestling can get back to basics

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.