Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROH is now approaching 2011 after one of its hottest years since 2007. What do you think ROH should do to make the year 2011 stand out. Here's what I think they should do to help make 2011 a memorable year.

- Richards vs. Eddie Edwards feud needs to happend with Hagadorn on Edwards side. This will help keep Richards busy before becoming the new ROH champion.

- Make Kings of Wrestling drop the belts, and let Hero and Castagnoli do singles matches. Both men would be a huge help to the main event scene.

- Try and put the belt on really over wrestlers such as Christopher Daniels, Chris Hero, or Davey Richards. A combination of title reigns or just one long title reign from either men would work fine.

- Sign Benjamin and Charlie to a full time contract. Both can help the tag scene and world title scene. I can actually see Shelton Benjamin as a ROH champ.

- Bring Steen back!!! Im pretty sure the whole retirement thing is kayfabe but if not ROH defiently should not let Kevin Steen go.

- Sign Ricochet!!! This guy is one of the biggest breakout indy stars from 2010.

- I like Brandon Gatson. Defiently bring him in and let him do his own thing in the midcard scene.

- Push lower card teams such as The All Night Express and Kyle O'Reiley and Adam Cole. 2010 was a great year for tag action in ROH, but 2011 looks like it might be lacking. Push younger and less over teams.

- Drop Homicide. I was never a big fan of him with the exception of his 2005/2006 years. He's pretty much useless unless he has Hernadez by his side.

- Bring Brent Albright back!!!! I think Albright was a monster back in 2007 but he was kind of bland. I think if he had a great manager like Larry Sweeney he could defiently be world title material. The guy would make some fresh matches with a lot of the ROH talent.

- Give Colt Cabana something to do!!! Cabana is one of my favorite ROH wrestlers and it always seems like he's left out.

- Sign lower card talent such as The Soul Touchaz.

- And even though I do not see this happening. Sign Jimmy Jacobs!!! The guy is in my opinon one of the best peformers in ROH history to never have the ROH belt.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Disagree with one or two of OPs things but here's mine:

- Keep up the good work with the iPPV shows.
- A big Hero vs. Richards series.
- Get the belt on Davey before he goes cold.
- Get the tag belts on WGTT and take advantage of all of the possible dream matches.
- Consider bringing back Larry Sweeney, Low Ki, Rocky Romero, TJ Perkins, Teddy Hart...
- Consider bringing in Kenn Doane, The H3RD, Lince, Pinkie, Bruno Marciano...maybe even Cliff Compton...and Strangler Corleone, of course.
- Make a big deal out of the 9th Anniversary and the fact that ROH is set to outlive ECW.
- Work far more closely with SHIMMER (Use Melissa and the Ninjas at least once this year).
- Do more with Pro Wrestling RESPECT.
- A big angle of AOTF proportions.
- Improve commentary, DVD covers, the website, service of the online shop and kick GFL up the arse while your at it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
A big massive Hero vs. Claudio feud needs to happen somewhere in 2011, and since PWG isn't planning more than two shows in advance any more, ROH looks like the only place it can.

Speaking of the Kings, have them be completely dominant as champs. Nobody should beat them. Let them have a bunch of defenses, against literally everyone, for like another eight or nine months. Have them be the Joe, Nigel, and Danielson of the tag division, and only drop the belts because they fall apart as a team. This could then start the big massive Hero vs. Claudio feud I mentioned above.

Also, push Adam Cole.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Your post was fine until you said bring back Brent Albright......

Some suggestions i'd like.

- Bring In Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano as a tag team possibly with Prince Nana
- Drop Edwards & Richards as a team and give Edwards to Truth Martini with Roddy going face and Edwards going heel.
- Keep pushing King/Titus & Cole/O'Reilly.
- Drop KOW as a team and bring in Ares to team with Claudio and have Hero go singles.
- Bring back the Super Smash Brothers
- Start using Mike Sydal
- Bring in some japanese guys like Daisuke Sekimoto, Kota Ibushi bring in Kenny Omega

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
If you put Chuck Taylor in a new Embassy the IWC's collective head wouldn't know which way to spin first.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your post was fine until you said bring back Brent Albright......

Some suggestions i'd like.

- Bring In Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano as a tag team possibly with Prince Nana
- Drop Edwards & Richards as a team and give Edwards to Truth Martini with Roddy going face and Edwards going heel.
- Keep pushing King/Titus & Cole/O'Reilly.
- Drop KOW as a team and bring in Ares to team with Claudio and have Hero go singles.
- Bring back the Super Smash Brothers
- Start using Mike Sydal
- Bring in some japanese guys like Daisuke Sekimoto, Kota Ibushi bring in Kenny Omega

I really do not see why people dislike Brent Albright. The dude is a monster, and he can have some really fun matches, especially against light weight opponents. I remember the bland period during 2009 in the beginning the only thing really keeping me interested was his feud with Claudio Castagnoli. His style and weight would really make him stand out in ROH. The only problem with the guy is he's really bland which is where Sweeney comes in to hype him up as a monster. I agree that ROH should bring more Japanese talent and bring in Chuck Taylor. Taylor and Mike Quackenbush are the lost gems of the indy scene, and I'm really suprised ROH has not grabbed them yet. I want to add one more thing.

-Give El Generico a TV title reign. I think the guy deserves another title reign, but he defiently not ROH championchip material. Give him the TV title and let people feud with him to keep things interesting in the mid card scene

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bring some puro stars, like Shiozaki, Marafuji, Nakajima or Ibushi. Matches like Strong/Marufuji or Richards/Nakajima should draw well. Marufuji/Aoki vs. Briscoes also would be something special.

And also bring back some old talents, like BJ Whitmer, Jimmy Jacobs & Low Ki.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
1. Fire Truth Martini. Do you really want this indyriffic clown talking for your premier champ on HDNet?

2. Bring back Low Ki at WM weekend. Use the little bit of name value he still has left for the star power marks that will be checking out ROH for the first time that weekend. I would particularly book him in first time ever single matchups against Eddie Edwards and Katsuhiko Nakajima for his return weekend. Put him with Nana, as Ki could be the true Crown Jewel that Nana has been dreaming about for years.

3. Speaking of Nakajima, get him and other puro talents in every once in a while. Especially for WM weekend, which was rather lackluster in Phoenix. Imagine him against Ki on one night, and then finally having that singles match with Davey Richards the other night. And imagine KOW vs. KENTA/Marufuji that same weekend. Make WM weekend STACKED again.

4. Bring in MCMG not only for dream tags against Haas/Benjamin and Ibushi/Omega, as well as rematches with KOW and the Briscoes, but a few singles matches as well. Neither Sabin nor Shelley has ever squared off against KENTA, Davey, or Marufuji in a singles match.

5. DVD production upgrade. High definition. 16:9 anamorphic widescreen.

6. Passionate but not annoying commentators. Find people in this business who can relay the stories and drama to the viewer, has knowledge of the business and product, and actually has a professional voice.

7. The surprise return of Kevin Steen at whatever ROH's biggest event will be for Toronto. WE DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIM BREAKING TV NETWORK CAMERAS, HE IS THE FUCKING MOST ENTERTAINING ACT ON THE ENTIRE INDY SCENE.

8. Continue to never book BJ Whitmer again.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
-Low Ki, Romero and Homicide back together
-Put the belt on Davey and do Edwards/Richards.
-Have Daniels be awesome in all divisions. There's no one better to put guys over than him
-Push the WGTT now they are signed. Continue to put ANX and Cole/O'Reilly in the tag team hunt, as well as developing some others. The Briscoes will be there but another team or two may be needed
-Develop Hero/Castagnoli as singles wrestlers down the road when they lose the belts
-If it can be viable and worked out, move ROH to two hours and move the tapings up so they are not so out of order and can have more of a bearing/direction into the iPPV's and live events
-Start a relationship with NOAH again
-GIANT BERNARD

I'll probably think of a few more.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Fire Cornette if only for the hilarious rants he'd make.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
1. Fire Truth Martini. Do you really want this indyriffic clown talking for your premier champ on HDNet?

2. Bring back Low Ki at WM weekend. Use the little bit of name value he still has left for the star power marks that will be checking out ROH for the first time that weekend. I would particularly book him in first time ever single matchups against Eddie Edwards and Katsuhiko Nakajima for his return weekend. Put him with Nana, as Ki could be the true Crown Jewel that Nana has been dreaming about for years.

3. Speaking of Nakajima, get him and other puro talents in every once in a while. Especially for WM weekend, which was rather lackluster in Phoenix. Imagine him against Ki on one night, and then finally having that singles match with Davey Richards the other night. And imagine KOW vs. KENTA/Marufuji that same weekend. Make WM weekend STACKED again.

4. Bring in MCMG not only for dream tags against Haas/Benjamin and Ibushi/Omega, as well as rematches with KOW and the Briscoes, but a few singles matches as well. Neither Sabin nor Shelley has ever squared off against KENTA, Davey, or Marufuji in a singles match.

6. Passionate but not annoying commentators. Find people in this business who can relay the stories and drama to the viewer, has knowledge of the business and product, and actually has a professional voice.

7. The surprise return of Kevin Steen at whatever ROH's biggest event will be for Toronto. WE DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT HIM BREAKING TV NETWORK CAMERAS, HE IS THE FUCKING MOST ENTERTAINING ACT ON THE ENTIRE INDY SCENE.

This shit right here.^^

·
Registered
919 Posts

This. Especially the Truth Martini, he's no better on the mic than Roderick and much more annoying.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Stopping big fly-ins (and overseas shows) was one of the most sensible business decisions that ROH has made recently. I wouldn't hold your breath for an influx of puro guys.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I've only been watching ROH for a tear, but from what I've seen I'd like them to go with this...

-Let WGTT beat KoW for the titles.

-Put WGTT on a year long run defending against ROH's top teams (Kow, American Wolves, DCFC, Briscos, etc.)

-Split the American Wolves after losing to WGTT and put them in a feud with each other.

-Give Hero a singles run, building him up as their superstar before giving him the title at Final Battle '11

-Keep Roddy as champion, having him unify the world & TV titles.

-Create a womens championship and give it to Haze.

-Put Haze/Del Ray in a series where Haze keeps sneaking the win before allowing Del Ray to get the belt mid way through the year.

-Cap off the year by having a 4 way for the womens title with Del Ray defeating all 3 of her opponents in the match.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Haas/Benjamin to win tag titles. Briscoes to turn heel and feud with them.
Put Hero and Claudio in the title picture.
Get the belt off Strong and get rid of Truth Martini and all his minions.
Bring in Low Ki and feud or align him with either Daniels or Homicide.
A strong lower/mid card face is needed. TJ Perkins perhaps?

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Stopping big fly-ins (and overseas shows) was one of the most sensible business decisions that ROH has made recently. I wouldn't hold your breath for an influx of puro guys.
Two weekends should suffice.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
-Continue to push Cole & O'Reilly. And not the start-stop trading wins with the fucking Bravado Brothers kind.
-Don't let Generico wallow and do nothing after his feud with Steen.
-Give Davey the belt and figure out who you want to get it next and build them up (Hero or Claudio preferably).
-Fire Truth Martini & can the House of Truth, Brutal Bob Evans and if you can't find good wrestlers to surround him with, don't bother with Prince Nana.
-Pick up the quality of the Friday shows and the lower/mid card in general. Can't keep putting out bonus dvds forever.
-End the pettiness with Gabe, or at least extend the olive branch.
-Finally, no Briscoes title run.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts