Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hows everyone doing? I was thinking about it today and realized a major issue in todays WWE. The issue may not seem that serious but i feel its important. I feel like there isn't that much associated with the wrestlers today except for a few and even those few can't compare to past wrestlers. This is why we can't connect to the new stars today as much and they don't get the same reactions.

Allow me to elaborate;

Here are some past stars and the many things associated with them that stand out and why we love them so much:

Triple H- The Game, The King of all kings,The Cerebral assassin,The Ceo, spitting water from a bottel,growling and stretching his arms downward to upward motion and flexing and more.

The Rock- way too much

Undertaker- The streak,he's the deadman, the eye rolling,the tombstone,the getting up like a zombie and so much more

Austin: 3:16 ,bad ass, the austin mcmahon story line,What?,all hell breaking loose,give me a hell yeah,and thats the bottom line cuz stoen cold said so, the finger,his raspy voice.

Hbk: the heart break kid,the show stealer,so much

Ric flair: Wooooooooo! the red face. the charisma

Im not gonna go in more detail but the point these characters are so deep as opposed to today.

here are todays wrestlers

Dolph Zigler; the show off ....thats it

The miz- im awesome and really ....thats it

Cm punk- pipe bomb and best in the world....thats it

randy ortan- apex predator,evil smirk,liftin the hands up, snakee movements in the ring

I dunno maybe i just miss the old wwe and im not giving the current products a chance but im not enjoyig it right now..

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
I get your point. But I'm not too sure what to add.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My view is that the WWE is more concerned about the branding of WWE than the branding of their superstars. Before, stars were there own brand, now they're just part of the roster. Not sure if thats very clear.

Maybe a better way to put it would be, it used to be The Rock, WWE Superstar and now its WWE Superstar, The Rock.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
All of those guys you listed like Taker and HHH have been around for a long time while guys like Ziggler are at the beginning of their careers. Of course you're going to be able to associate more things with somebody that's been around for 20 years than a guy that's been around for what, 5 total?

·
Registered
467 Posts
All of those guys you listed like Taker and HHH have been around for a long time while guys like Ziggler are at the beginning of their careers. Of course you're going to be able to associate more things with somebody that's been around for 20 years than a guy that's been around for what, 5 total?
this definately!! After 4 years all taker had was 'dead guy who moved slow'

·
Banned
401 Posts
/thread

I associate Debra with puppies. I like puppies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts