Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
19,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were able to go back in time to 10 years ago, and the ONLY piece of information you could retain from the present time(don't ask how I thought of this), was 1 specific thing(wwe related of course, since this is wwe thread), what would you want to have in your mind?

Something like what the Elimination Chamber looked like(imagine you posting a drawing of the elimination chamber design online,BEFORE it was even announced in WWE)

Knowledge on who would win what titles(imagine watching a match and being like "___ will win", and nobody believes you,but you knew its true)

Knowing all the stars who'd be returning(like Goldberg,Steiner), which ones from this time 10 years ago, would be stars in the future(like Orton,Cena)

· Registered
1,154 Posts
I just would have told myself to go to a live WCW/WWF event. Never really went until after the 'Monday night wars'.. but it would have been fun during the wars when the crowds were insane. But ehh I was like 13/14/15 at the time

· Registered
2,597 Posts
Cena's rise to power (10 years ago was Cena's debut)
Not so surprising really though, they had Cena give Kurt Angle a serious run for his money in his very first match. Kurt was feuding for the WWE Championship at the time and was being booked very strong. With Vince's "ruthless aggression era" speech earlier, and Cena's direct reference to that speech, it made it clear that Cena was always intended to be one of the major stars of the Ruthless Aggression Era.

Though, I suppose would have predicted the scope of Cena's success. Brock, Randy and Batista all solidified themselves as main eventers before Cena did, back when Vince knew not to invest in just one wrestler at a time.

· Banned
10,808 Posts
10 years ago which was the year 2002 Brock Lesnar debuted in WWE and got pushed straight to the top he was the ''next big thing'' and the future star of the company but little did we know he would quit WWE after Wrestlemania in 2004. Fast forward 8 years later he returns to WWE in 2012 the night after Wrestlemania 28 and is now a former UFC heavyweight champion and his fighting skills are even more dangerous than when he was just a wrestler. I really never imagined he would return to WWE after the company invested alot in him and also him slating the company. It makes you wonder what WWE would of been like now if he hadent of left he could of been the top star in WWE and John Cena probably wouldnt even be where he is today. I think Vince only chose John Cena to take Brock's place as there was nobody else at that time. Anyway im glad Brock returned and I hope he extends this 1 year deal as he could do alot of big things for WWE

As other posters have said if someone knew what Benoit was gonna do even if they noticed something small then all that could of been stopped and they would still be alive today and Benoit would be rotting in prison. Its a real shame nobody saw any signs of what he was gonna do

· Registered
787 Posts
People act like Cena was pushed up the charts out of the gate. McMahon didn't have faith in Cena back then didn't see him as a main eventer when he debuted on Smackdown. It was until the rap gimmick and the heel run with B2 McMahon became a fan. Cena worked hard to get over.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.