Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really a shame that Randy Savage hasn't got inducted in to the WWE Hall of Fame - before his death. But it's a scandal, that they don't put him hinter - after he passed away.

What do you think? They didn't, because everyone would say: "Oh, they put him in the HoF, because he's dead now", and they will induct him in the next two years. Or will it never happen?

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Vince and him didn't get along.

I think it's the right thing to do to wait a couple of years. Otherwise it's just looks like Vince put him in to capitalize on his death because he had no intentions of putting him in while he was alive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a real shame he's not in it already, although with them allowing Punk to do the Macho elbow I can see him making it in the future

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
There are many wrstlers I want in the HOF that still havent been inducted (for whatever reason thats stopping them), British Bulldog, Big Boss Man, Owen Hart, Randy savage, The Natural Disasters, Ultimate Warrior, Charles Wright, Bruno Sammartino, I could go on all night :p

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
It would have made great sense to induct Macho this year, 25 years since Mania III and people have been reminded of him of late, not just cause he dies but wrestlers paying homage, i'e Punk and his Savage elbow tribute and sometimes wearing his attire.

Savage was undoubtably one of the greatest ever and I agree that it's a travesty he has not yet been inducted. I for one hope it happens soon.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope, it will happen next year...

I really would love WWE bringig out a real macho man documentary (not just matches and some commentary like the last DVD-set) - with statements of former superstars...

·
Registered
125 Posts
It will happen eventually, but probably not in the near future given he just died. WWE got alot of shit for capitalising on Guerrero's death (making it part of storyline and inducting him into the HOF the very next year), so they probably wouldn't want to come off as trying to cash in.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Be patient he will get inducted. People need to remember that Warrior and Macho Man are probably not being left out because of all the internet hypothetical crap, its probably simply because they do like 6 guys a year and need at least one big name per year. Their aren't that many wrestlers that are big. Someday they will get in.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
They do want to induct him but in Savage's will he makes it clear either the entire Poffo family go in, or none do so...

·
Registered
567 Posts
They do want to induct him but in Savage's will he makes it clear either the entire Poffo family go in, or none do so...
Really? I hadn't heard that before...

·
Registered
727 Posts
its mind boggling that Edge and HBK were inducted a year after their retirement, while savage is not.
These guys should be required to wait at least 5 years after retirement to be inducted into the hall of fame, to make it more
credible and realistic.
I sure do hope Savage makes it into the hall of fame. I know alot of people are saying its a travesty that Warrior is not in it as well, but i dont agree with that. I really dont think he deserves it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts