2,353 Posts
I think if the WWE did it right JoMo would have
the strap by now, heat,fanbase,and the next face
of the company don't know where the whole he's
the next HBK came from but as we all know now
that he's not anybody else see where the Rude
act would've been better for him after his MNM
run?
Nice idea, and I can see why you would make the comparison, but his lack of promo ability would make him look like a very poor copy of Rick Rude.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
WWE did give JoMo a chance, but his lack of promo skill held him back from becoming mega-over. Shame really, he has the look to be the next Shawn Michaels.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
dude .. rick rude was alpha as fuck , the guy was the meaning of the word "macho" , plus the guy was charismatic he owned the arena with his presence , not to mention he was a brilliant promo man and an awesome heel

jomo on the other hand , is P whooped by his girl , no personality , no charisma .. the guy speaks like a damn 12 year old

there is no similarities whatsoever

·
Banned
104 Posts
dude .. rick rude was alpha as fuck , the guy was the meaning of the word "macho" , plus the guy was charismatic he owned the arena with his presence , not to mention he was a brilliant promo man and an awesome heel

jomo on the other hand , is P whooped by his girl , no personality , no charisma .. the guy speaks like a damn 12 year old

there is no similarities whatsoever
This, Rick Rude was the definiton of macho while HoMO is the flaming definition of overwhelming gayness.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
John Morrison sounds like a sixteen year old who thinks they're badass talking to themself in a mirror, JUST because he's attractive and can fuck up flippy moves, doesn't mean he should be World champion.

Don't even get me started on making him the next Rick Rude..

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think if the WWE did it right JoMo would have
the strap by now, heat,fanbase,and the next face
of the company don't know where the whole he's
the next HBK came from but as we all know now
that he's not anybody else see where the Rude
act would've been better for him after his MNM
run?
The HBK comparison comes form the fact both that they both rose to fame as part of a tag team. They both broke away form there tag partner and rose to fame. Morrison may not be world champ but I suspect he will get the strap in time. They both have a major sex appeal factor and both were very innovative high flyers in there respective times. I personally would have prefer to see him carry on the Nitro character then the JoMo character. The JoMo character is just so bland.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
JUST because he's attractive and can fuck up flippy moves, doesn't mean he should be World champion.
No, but putting on better matches than everyone else and stealing the show at three consecutive Pay-Per-Views leading up to WrestleMania sure put his name in the running.

If he had turned on The Miz at the draft instead of the other way around, he'd be doing pretty well for himself. He's a natural heel that they keep pushing as a face because of his moveset. After 4 years on the undercard, it didn't occur to them that he can be a high-flyer and still be an asshole - and as has been proven, once you log enough miles as an asshole, you're going to get cheered no matter what.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
No, but putting on better matches than everyone else and stealing the show at three consecutive Pay-Per-Views leading up to WrestleMania sure put his name in the running.

If he had turned on The Miz at the draft instead of the other way around, he'd be doing pretty well for himself. He's a natural heel that they keep pushing as a face because of his moveset. After 4 years on the undercard, it didn't occur to them that he can be a high-flyer and still be an asshole - and as has been proven, once you log enough miles as an asshole, you're going to get cheered no matter what.
It put his name in the running to the IWC. Who actually care about wrestling, I could live with Jo'Mo as champion providing he was only against people who could carry the living fuck out of him in promo's, I think a Punk-Morrison fued would be gold. But i digress, WWE don't give a fuck about the guy, its plain to see he's just used as an enhancement talent. They don't see world titles in him, because he flat out sucks on anything to do with looking 'real'.

As a Heel, i thought the guy would be up there with Cena and Orton by now, but as a face, he's just gone downhill. and even if they turn him again, he's gotta re-establish himself, which will take atleast 2 years to make him look like a real main event heel.

HBK was a draw, even as a tag team wrestler. Jomo, never will be.
He doesn't sell merch. Doesn't sell ppv's. Doesn't spark the casual fans interest.
If i were WWE i'd use him to make my Heels look better, and once he's used up, send him over to TNA's X-division to see if he can improve his skills leading a Division, and if he does enough, i'd simply just take him back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can kinda see what u mean however i dont think JoMo would be great in the character. He is much better as a heel though. In a weird way i can see him as that character, but something telling me it would not be that great.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Are you kidding me? Sure, Morrison has in-ring talent but from the all round picture he will never be able to get close to the level of HBK or Rick Rude.

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
Putting Jake Roberts' wife on his pants was classic. I loved that feud. Rude was a total package. IMO one of the greatest Superstars to never be WWE Champion.

And on another note, JoMo could never be Rude. Hes just not good enough, simple as that.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
John Morrison should of had the 'Dashing' gimmick in my opinion. Although Cody Rhodes did a fantastic job with it and is doing a good job with the 'Undashing' one now. I just think Morrison has the best physique in the business and it would of made sense. Ziggler even.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
I really can't imagine Morrison saying something like, "What I'd like to have right now is for all you high rolling, Atlantic City sweathogs, keep the noise down while I take my robe off, and give the ladies a good look at the sexiest man alive..." without sounding like a total joke. The HBK comparison was bad enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts