Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
How so? I never really watched Curb but only show I can think of that would be a rip off is Schitz Creek which is a Canadian show that Pop shows in the US. Other than that Pop shows old shows from 90's and a couple reality shows on 90's stars and soap reruns with the occasional movie.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How so? I never really watched Curb but only show I can think of that would be a rip off is Schitz Creek which is a Canadian show that Pop shows in the US. Other than that Pop shows old shows from 90's and a couple reality shows on 90's stars and soap reruns with the occasional movie.
Return of the Mac, Night Cap, Hollywood Darlings.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Return of the Mac, Night Cap, Hollywood Darlings.
How are they a copy of Curb though. What things about them just scream Curb rip off?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are they a copy of Curb though. What things about them just scream Curb rip off?
Celebrities playing exaggerated versions of themselves engaging in social inappropriate behavior.

I guess Creek doesn't fit but every other show I could totally substitute Larry David in for some of the characters and it would work.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
See Total Nonstop Deletion.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Celebrities playing exaggerated versions of themselves engaging in social inappropriate behavior.

I guess Creek doesn't fit but every other show I could totally substitute Larry David in for some of the characters and it would work.
Not sure Curb created that format but I see what you are saying. Exaggerating oneself and engaging in bad social behavior is Reality TV 101.

·
Registered
132 Posts

With that logic though, every show you named including Curb is just ripping off Seinfeld.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts