Wrestling Forum banner
181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
No, I dont care who he was confronting last night this is about his being established. This bullshit about Jeff hardy's past is just that, bullshit that you hardy fans use cuz you like the fact that your boy won. If this guy who is supposed to be dominant is losing to feet on the ropes from el jobber to the stars then it says alot about his future prospects in the wwe and vince is a dipshit for doing it.
Well Kross isn't exactly good and never really has been. Like I said in another post he was the second most interesting guy in a tag team with Moose before Moose figured out who he was as an act and levelled up. That's not high praise because pre crisis Moose was boring as hell at that point. The only thing Kross figured out was that hot girl plus overly contrived entrance and being twice the size of everyone I work with mean people think I'm kind of good.

Also, Jeff Hardy isn't in my top twenty favourite guys in WWE so we can put that "Hardy Fans" shit to bed right now. I'm not even saying it was good booking to have Kross lose like that it just isn't the end of the world. Hell be fine, he'll get to bounce Jeff Hardy around for 7 minutes at SummerSlam and all will be right with the world. I mean that still leaves you with a boring dude who looks about as intimidating as Shelton Benjamin but Shelton can't "mean mug" for close ups so at least Kross can do that.

Dominant, he's supposed to be dominant, what would give anyone that idea? All he does is beat up guys half his size and he doesn't even SQUASH them. If he was dominant and a monster he doesn't go fifteen minutes with Johnny Gargano it goes three and Gargano gets thrown around like a rag doll and gets(if he's lucky) a quick near fall on a roll up and maybe a quickly shrugged off attempt at GarganoEscape that's it. There's this thing that Roddy Piper used to say about overly long promos but it applies to matches too "never take 10 minutes to say what you can in 2." If the goal is to get people to think that Kross is some unbeatable monster his matches go three minutes not fifteen. They didn't even commit fully to making him a dominant monster in NXT and people expected him to dominate guys on the main roster that doesn't make sense at all.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If people don't understand why it was a dumb idea then I don't think they understand much.

Jeff Hardy has been positioned as irrelevant for a while. Kross has been positioned as dominant for a while. For Kross to lose to Jeff on his introduction to the main roster is incredibly stupid. First match on PPV would've been bad but this is ridiculous. I'm sure he'll get his win back but at best that just puts Kross slightly behind where he was before the loss. Not to mention that having a match on Raw to set up the same match on PPV is just lazy. Then they'll probably have the same match again and again on Raw. Then Vince will start thinking this guy doesn't have it.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
20,425 Posts
If people don't understand why it was a dumb idea then I don't think they understand much.

Jeff Hardy has been positioned as irrelevant for a while. Kross has been positioned as dominant for a while. For Kross to lose to Jeff on his introduction to the main roster is incredibly stupid. First match on PPV would've been bad but this is ridiculous. I'm sure he'll get his win back but at best that just puts Kross slightly behind where he was before the loss. Not to mention that having a match on Raw to set up the same match on PPV is just lazy. Then they'll probably have the same match again and again on Raw. Then Vince will start thinking this guy doesn't have it.
Exactly, good to see some people with sense in here.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Oh you mean he looks generic if you take away all the cool shit from his entrance and have him just walk? well who the fuck wouldn't look generic if that was done to them? If they took away Undertakers fancy lights and smoke and just had him walk without any of his theatrics i'm sure he'd look very generic too.
So you've never seen wrestling pre-1994 have you? Undertaker didn't have the fancy lights and smoke until YEARS into his time in WWE and he managed to get over pretty damn well and not look like a generic CAW from WWF Warzone.

If you NEED a fancy entrance to get over you aren't really over. Take a look at the biggest stars Cena, Hogan, Rock, Austin, Flair, Savage, Lesnar, etc. All had pretty damn basic entrances and that's because they didn't need the tricks. They were just dudes who got over.

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
2,370 Posts
They showcase a guy on RAW only to strip down his entrance and make him look mediocre at best and very average in size. What was the purpose of this?

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
They showcase a guy on RAW only to strip down his entrance and make him look mediocre at best and very average in size. What was the purpose of this?
That took me by surprise I tought he was taller, Jeff looked almost his size.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
How could they make him look bigger? His size is his size. There are bigger dudes on Raw than in NXT. It's a tough situation to be in when your entire aura is built around around an entrance, a pretty girl, and being far bigger than everyone you work with. He loses any one of those things on the main roster it's going to make him look less than he did on NXT and the size factor was inevitable. Guys like Orton Sheamus Lashley McIntyre Lesnar if/when he returns, Goldberg, even lower end guys like Shelton Benjamin make him look like an "average" sized guy.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
20,425 Posts
So you've never seen wrestling pre-1994 have you? Undertaker didn't have the fancy lights and smoke until YEARS into his time in WWE and he managed to get over pretty damn well and not look like a generic CAW from WWF Warzone.

If you NEED a fancy entrance to get over you aren't really over. Take a look at the biggest stars Cena, Hogan, Rock, Austin, Flair, Savage, Lesnar, etc. All had pretty damn basic entrances and that's because they didn't need the tricks. They were just dudes who got over.
The point is he has an amazingly cool bad ass entrance in NXT, an entrance that will hook anyone to sit and watch it to see who this guy is thats coming out, an entrance that is insanely cool to be apart of as a fan thats there live, it instantly makes people think this guys a pretty big deal, why the fuck would you take it away and have him just walk out? He doesn't absolutely NEED it to make it but theres no reason to take it away from him.

Be like if they took The Fiend's entrance away and had him just walk out, it would be dumb, his entrance is what got him so over initially.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
The point is he has an amazingly cool bad ass entrance in NXT, an entrance that will hook anyone to sit and watch it to see who this guy is thats coming out, an entrance that is insanely cool to be apart of as a fan thats there live, it instantly makes people think this guys a pretty big deal, why the fuck would you take it away and have him just walk out? He doesn't absolutely NEED it to make it but theres no reason to take it away from him.

Be like if they took The Fiend's entrance away and had him just walk out, it would be dumb, his entrance is what got him so over initially.
You're right that if you took The Friend's entrance away it would be stupid but that's the problem. It's creating a situation where people don't actually care about the performer they just want to see the entrance and that's not a good problem to have. Giving a guy who isn't over yet an fancy entrance to enhance an act that they don't even know is worth enhancing is putting the cart before the horse IMO.

Honestly it's all just boohoo this thing I enjoyed is gone now and it makes me upset.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
All this feud is going to do is get Jeff Hardy over, lol. Either the fans will get behind him because they'll be pissed at Kross squashing him, or they actually have Jeff go over and give him some momentum. WWE has something on their hands with this feud, but it isn't with Kross, its with Jeff.

Friendly reminder that Jeff Hardy made his debut on WWEs TV in 1994 and is only 43. Absolutely insane.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I thought last night on RAW was his "debut". Not that he was now on RAW. I thought they used that as to promote NXT.

Think Hardy is gonna show up on NXT now.

Anyway. It was a bad move to bring Kross to RAW. I said this in another thread:

"The real reason why it was bad. Kross in NXT right now is on the borderline of getting "booed". And not in the good way. Crowds in NXT are for some reason against him and him having the title. They want guys like Cole(Heel), Gargano(Heel)... those heels they like. Kross heel, not so much.

So what they do is have Kross come out on RAW and go against a super over crowd favorite (Hardy) ... and lose. Are they insane? You are gonna bury this guy. It's gonna carry back over to NXT. So bizarre booking, like they have no finger on any pulse whatsoever."

·
SGT. AT ARMS
20,425 Posts
You're right that if you took The Friend's entrance away it would be stupid but that's the problem. It's creating a where people don't actually care about the performer they just want to see the entrance and that's not good.

Honestly it's all just boohoo this thing I enjoyed is gone now and it makes me upset.
The entrance hooks people in, its like an easy way to get people instantly invested, Kross is great on the mic, good in the ring and he plays his character to perfection, its not like there's nothing to him besides an entrance, but the entrance with Scarlett adds to him tremendously.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Don't bring the fucking title up if you are going to hamstring him immediately. Stripping away the bells and whistles whilst booking him to lose on debut pissed on the NXT title and brand.

That's a title and brand quite a few people like.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This got a LOT of people talking about Kross (probably more than if he'd just easily handled Jeff) and a lot of it actually feels somewhat sympathetic towards him as well (when a considerable portion, if not most, of the fanbase that was aware of his existence before this seemed to hate him and his monster push in NXT) that I'm low key starting to think they might actually be doing something with this cheap loss, plus it's not like they can't easily course correct 🤣

·
Butter My Arse
12,129 Posts
Oh you mean he looks generic if you take away all the cool shit from his entrance and have him just walk? well who the fuck wouldn't look generic if that was done to them? If they took away Undertakers fancy lights and smoke and just had him walk without any of his theatrics i'm sure he'd look very generic too.
The Undertaker without any of the fancy lights, smoke and theatrics? You mean his first three years in the company?

EDIT: Neeeeeevermind, @MonkasaurusRex got there first. Guess I should learn to read.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I don't think WWE will ever create another male superstar.

McIntyre and Lashley had to get the hell away from this company and rebuild their careers before they reached WWE champion level. Braun was so valuable they fired him. There are people who just turned 21 who weren't even in kindergarten when Orton, Cena, Edge and Styles first became world champion. There are people who weren't even born when Goldberg became world champion who are now married and raising a family. Sheamus, Miz and Owens are stuck doing what they do. Nobody even knows or cares what Ziggler is doing. Hardy and Mysterio are in the final laps of their career.

There's Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. But in the case of the former it took a lot of detours and countless WM main events. Plus it is even the 10th anniversary of The Shield next year.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
17,765 Posts
I thought last night on RAW was his "debut". Not that he was now on RAW. I thought they used that as to promote NXT.

Think Hardy is gonna show up on NXT now.

Anyway. It was a bad move to bring Kross to RAW. I said this in another thread:

"The real reason why it was bad. Kross in NXT right now is on the borderline of getting "booed". And not in the good way. Crowds in NXT are for some reason against him and him having the title. They want guys like Cole(Heel), Gargano(Heel)... those heels they like. Kross heel, not so much.

So what they do is have Kross come out on RAW and go against a super over crowd favorite (Hardy) ... and lose. Are they insane? You are gonna bury this guy. It's gonna carry back over to NXT. So bizarre booking, like they have no finger on any pulse whatsoever."
Honestly NXT is for indy darlings so no wonder Kross wouldn't be a guy those fans want representing their brand he's what you call a Vince type of performer who should be on the MR already.

181 - 200 of 224 Posts