Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching his promo work in NXT and watching his matches there, I really believe that there is a lot of potential not being realized with this guy. Maybe its just me being impatient, but it's getting really old watching him randomly appear and kicking the shit out of people.

It's dumb, hopefully something works out by Survivor Series, my biggest fear at this point with him is that 1. The crowd stop giving a shit, or 2. The crowd starts cheering what he does, because he just screams badass, and his character is supposed to be the reincarnation of the anti-christ lmao

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I think when Kane returns WWE will pick up the Wyatt Family. I think at the minute the Wyatt's are just squashing jobbers at the minute just as a placeholder until Kane's back.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
What's hurting the Wyatt Family is this "Only the Main Event Matters" method of booking. WWE wants the Wyatt Family to be "big deals", and only want them to feud with main event level talents. And with a whole lot of top talents either written off TV or sucked into the HHH angle, the Wyatts are stuck spinning their wheels, when they could be having real programs with midcard faces.

Why can't WWE push guys like Ryder, Santino, Tons of Funk, Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley, etc. to THEIR level and have them feud with the Wyatts, instead of just having the Wyatts squashing them all the time while they wait around hoping that a main eventer with nothing better to do will show up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
They got themselves into this mess. They've treated the midcard like absolute shit for years by filling numerous episodes of Raw with matches that are just there to fill time, acting like the Intercontinental and U.S. titles don't exist, and constantly doing the same start and stop pushes until the audience just loses interest. I remember when at least the majority of the crowd cared to see Kofi Kingston in 2009, but now he gets OK reactions when he's lucky. With Kane out, they have no one for Wyatt to feud with and obviously they failed to come up with a good backup plan. Repetition has also ruined the mystique of the Wyatt Family. We as the audience shouldn't be able to predict what they're going to do next, but we can because the people that decide what they're going to be doing have no imagination.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Wyatts should attack the shield. Would make for awesome tv. All titles on the line.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hope they don't start a feud with the miz, hopefully whatever happened with the miz monday was just a one off time thing. If Bray feuds with the miz he'll be doomed to the mid card forever. A feud with the shield or re-igniting the feud with kane would be ideal..Just please not the miz..:side:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
But Bray Wyatt is ALLLLL DIRECTIONSSSSSSssssssss.......sssssnnnn...... heheheahahahahaha

...Follow the Buzzards.

>>;

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Exactly. When Kane returns the Wyatt's will get a storyline.
Well I'm hoping personally that Kane will join the Wyatt's. With Kane been a veteran he will give them a definite boost if he's siding with them. Feuding with them is one thing but teaming with them adds a whole new direction for them.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
His direction is back to NXT or full time manager of the much better Luke Harper - he should never touch a ring in 2013 again

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Bray Wyatt needs to lose 50 pounds of fat..that guy is super heavy and it's going to cost him later on. He needs to lose weight, then he'll have more agility and better matches, the guy sucks in the ring..he hasn't had a memorable match yet.

·
Butter My Arse
11,762 Posts
Bray Wyatt needs to lose 50 pounds of fat..that guy is super heavy and it's going to cost him later on. He needs to lose weight, then he'll have more agility and better matches, the guy sucks in the ring..he hasn't had a memorable match yet.
His style is unorthodox sure, but to say the guy flat out sucks in the ring is just ignorant. He wrestles exactly how his character should. You won't see any fancy Dolph Ziggler flips or Daniel Bryan style submissions (although he isn't exactly lacking in the repertoire department - that cross body collision is fucking lethal). Not to mention the guy is incredibly young, and he will only improve.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
Anyone who had serious hope for Wyatt to be even remotely similar to what he was at NXT was dreaming. The creative team is a bunch of 23 year old morons who are likely scared shitless of their no nothing boss Stephanie.

Stephanie has a communications degree, but is in charge of the booking, scripts, storylines and writing of the programs. Nepotism at it's finest.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Let's hope they run havoc in the wwe when Kane returns and joins them. Doubt it will happen though with this awful writing team.

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts
Didn't watch the Wyatts in NXT, but I see potential with this current gimmick if done right.

Problem is the midcard, as a lot of posters have mentioned already. No midcard wrestlers are credible enough to make people care about who the Wyatts are feuding with. That, and the lack of long term booking/planning for debuting or re-debuting wreslters. Typical WWE really.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
His style is unorthodox sure, but to say the guy flat out sucks in the ring is just ignorant. He wrestles exactly how his character should. You won't see any fancy Dolph Ziggler flips or Daniel Bryan style submissions (although he isn't exactly lacking in the repertoire department - that cross body collision is fucking lethal). Not to mention the guy is incredibly young, and he will only improve.
It isn't ignorance. He is genuinely shit in the ring. Yea, you're right. He wouldn't do anything technical, but jesus fucking christ all he does is run in to people and do a swinging STO. His signature manoeuvre (not his finisher) is a fucking cross between a spear and a crossbody :lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts