Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 15 title was one of the best parts of FCW. It was a great way to push wrestlers and give them a outlet to show their talent. Since, all matches were fought under ironman rules, and no match was going to be less than 15 minutes, they got a chance to really shine and put on a full match.

If they brought the title to NXT, with an actual belt this time, they could use not only to push wrestlers, but to fill out cards instead of having 2 or 3 5 minutes squash matches.

I think they would have to make a few changes to the rules though.

1; Non-title matches are fought under a 15 minute time limit, but NOT under Ironman Rules.

2; Division matches are judges by a three-man panel. This panel gives recommendations on who should be places into the title picture.

3; If a number one contender match goes to a time limit draw, the judges determine the winner.

3; Title matches are fought under ironman rules. If there is a time limit draw the champion retains.

Reactions: jacobrgroman

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
This has been a constant suggestion and the one major thing the 15 title could do is, just make tv a bit more interesting to see people go at it for 15 minutes under timed rules and it would add tension to more tv matches.

Reactions: jacobrgroman

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Bringing back the 15 title into the current NXT TV environment is problematic. With every title match being a 15 min ironman match, it quickly becomes stale as a regular part of the TV prodcuct - especially Takeovers.

I think, however, it would be a great thing to incorporate into the untelevised live events for wrestlers yet to make it to regular TV, very occasionally appearing on NXT TV in order to introduce the current holder as they make their formal TV debut.

It could be established that the holder relinquishes the title when moving to NXT TV, and that holding the title is the fast track to NXT TV.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
They need something for the non indy darlings since they'll never be allowed to compete for the NXT title, but a gimmick title is lame.
What they need is to stop being pussies and actually go with a so-called "homegrown" when there's actually a noticable appetite for it, and when there's an interesting story to tell.

Both with Breeze, especially in the aftermath of that Joe match, and more recently with Tye during his feuds with Roode & DRudGeRY, they had the chance to tell a much more interesting story, and put a bit of air under the wings of a talent for whom the fans were actually rooting.

I'm by no means against established guys coming in and making an impact, but it's no longer an impact - nor interesting to me - when it's literally the same shit every few months.

The 15 title etc. certainly isn't the answer.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I did want a "mid-card" title, for those who aren't in main event scene. The #1 problem with WWE in past 5 years was, once you get your title shot, if you're an old vet, you basically rot. Random matches where you just roll over helps no one. But throwing big title on those who don't need it ain't helping either cause any number of guys can get the experience needed by having the belts themselves, rather than facing and rolling over for vets.

I think this belt is neat. Just have something that makes guys hungry. Like if the hardcore belt wasn't about goofs, it would be awesome. Like Open Challenges are awesome, even if Cena does them, cause everyone wants to see a legit title fight. But I think IC and US title lost their luster, cause 1, the WWE is international now, and to make a title where Americans need to keep defending it, well those days are over, cause WWE sucks at that type of booking. And well the intercontinental title is bollocks unless someone goes internationally and defends it, it means nothing in this day and age if its just a random ass belt that has absolutely no meaning, except that other great men once had it.

I liked NXT Title cause it was separate and we got different stuff. But now I want to see NXT turn into a 2 hour show, and see it become a full promotion within its self. I think NXT alone could take on all other promotions, and NXT is seriously getting to big for its own britches. And well SDL and RAW are just same old same old.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Having 15 minute time limits for non-title matches would help a lot.

Winning by judges' decision would allow them to build heat for heels (maybe they get accused of paying off a judge), and allow them to book people to lose without them losing momentum (they lose by split decision and the tie breaking judge obviously torn on who to pick)

It would allow them to fill up card space with 1 amazing match instead of 3 mediocre ones

It would ad more suspension, with fans being unsure of who could win and who the judges would pick of the match went to the score cards. Added suspension was why so many fans used to love time limit draw matches to begin with.

I recognize the possibility of the some fans not liking having ironman matches for every title match but I think most fans, who remember the title in FCW, would welcome it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Idc if it's the 15 or not (I wasn't watching FCW back then so I'm not well versed) but they definitely need a midcard belt to give folks not in the title scene something to do.

·
Registered
485 Posts
A mid-card title is needed yes. Not a 15 minute one though. Suddenly theres loads of ironman matches happening and it'll get stale quickly.

Just something like a TV title to give the guys below the main event level something to compete for and as a way of elevating certain competitors. If you want some kind of gimmick/stipulation to go with the belt it could be that it is defended every week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts