Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,145 Posts
You mean except to everyone who calls out Vince's bullshit and doesn't blindly sit there accepting the shit he gives us, and the ones who saw how stupid it made Asuka look and how poorly that beatdown was executed by Bayley and how over the top Asuka was acting over a very tame beatdown, and how the title changed hands a by a fucking count out, i'd hardly call those nitpicks.

Sure most of the casual fans i'm sure they saw it and didn't look into anything and just watched it as the sheep Vince wants them to be and accepted his mediocre shit storytelling. But i'm sorry there are those of us who actually analyze and call out stupid shit when we see it and don't blindly sit there giving Vince the reaction he wants us to give despite the shit he produces.

The fucking title changed hands by a count out ffs, and also Stephanie clearly said there was to be no interference by Bayley or Asuka would win the title, and Bayley fucking interfered, she distracted Asuka, yet Sasha is declared the winner despite Bayley clearly getting involved. None of the shit made any damn sense, it was one of the worst endings to a title match i've ever seen. Kairi was acting like a helpless child screaming like a pussy for Asuka as if she was being crucified by Bayley, even though Kairi was the on who ran Bayley off, yet Bayley just kicked her ass backstage and was making her cry.
You could always just stop watching, I know that's a crazy idea but a TV show shouldn't be causing you this much distress.

Vince books a bunch of crappy shit and I'm as critical of him as anybody but there are angles where he misses by a mile that deserve your level of fervor but this one arguably missed by inches and yet you're still rampaging. At some point you have to ask yourself "am I that much smarter and more discerning than the majority of fans or am I just overreacting"?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
You could always just stop watching, I know that's a crazy idea but a TV show shouldn't be causing you this much distress.

Vince books a bunch of crappy shit and I'm as critical of him as anybody but there are angles where he misses by a mile that deserve your level of fervor but this one arguably missed by inches and yet you're still rampaging. At some point you have to ask yourself "am I that much smarter and more discerning than the majority of fans or am I just overreacting"?
Lol i'm not stressing irl about this, i'll come on here and give my thoughts, but i'm not thinking about this at all outside being on here tbh. And theres shit i really like in the company that keeps me watching, currently Drew, Orton, AJ, Riddle, Rollins, NXT.

And how did it miss by inches? the entire ending was fucking terrible, a title changed hands by a count out, Asuka had the match won and instead of waiting 5 more seconds to make Sasha tap and get her title back, she acts if Kairi's head is about to be severed by a machete and must leave at once, when all it is is just Bayley kicking her, and Sasha looks like the weakest fucking champion of all time, laying there passed out and gets awarded the title by count out by doing absolutely nothing.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
938 Posts
They really made Kairi look like a wimp, not to mention that "You think you could jump me ?! " line from Bayley that implies she is the one who attacked makes Sane look even more like a weak lil bitch smh

·
Registered
818 Posts
It's a WWE women's division booked by a man who made a woman bark like a dog and thought an incest angle would be a great idea.

You're setting yourself up for failure by caring about the main roster women with dirty vinny booking

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
My issue with the finish was so soft Bayley's beat down of Kairi was. These are the moments heels should be their most sadistic.

·
Registered
610 Posts
While Asuka was in complete control and seemingly had the match won, it wasn't guaranteed that Sasha would have tapped out immediately. Asuka knew (and Joe mentioned on commentary) that Sasha is the best counter wrestler on the roster. Asuka didn't want to take that chance. The longer that match went, the longer the suffering that Kairi would go through. I agree they could have done more with the beat down though.

At least that's how I saw it ¯\(ツ)

They won't do this but would you buy it if they kayfabe report that Kairi suffered 'head trauma' at some point during the brawl? She couldn't really fight back and felt utterly helpless which led to her calling out for Asuka's help.

The story clearly isn't over and it opens the possibility of Asuka going full John Wick on Sasha & Bayley after they have taken everything from her.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
While Asuka was in complete control and seemingly had the match won, it wasn't guaranteed that Sasha would have tapped out immediately. Asuka knew (and Joe mentioned on commentary) that Sasha is the best counter wrestler on the roster. Asuka didn't want to take that chance. The longer that match went, the longer the suffering that Kairi would go through. I agree they could have done more with the beat down though.

At least that's how I saw it ¯\(ツ)

They won't do this but would you buy it if they kayfabe report that Kairi suffered 'head trauma' at some point during the brawl? She couldn't really fight back and felt utterly helpless which led to her calling out for Asuka's help.

The story clearly isn't over and it opens the possibility of Asuka going full John Wick on Sasha & Bayley after they have taken everything from her.
Sasha was clearly out, she was dead weight when Asuka was about to lock the submission on, the ref would've called for the bell probably immediately once Asuka had it locked on and he saw Sasha was out.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,385 Posts
We start a thread and put the cart before the horse, again. :)

The moment you put critics on "Asuka, ASUKA", you are already to late. The problems with the booking started before, when they created that scence. Calling directly for Asuka in that scene made sense, because this way everybody could understand Asuka ran back there and people blame her (a bit) less for leaving the ring.
Kairi`s character is done from WWE, so they don`t care about how she "looked like".

·
NBA
3,256 Posts
I'd wager it was to prevent Asuka from looking selfish putting her Title before her friend.
Nah, they came up with that contrived ending so as to be able to write her off the title picture for a good while. Technically it is as if she had forfeited the title, since Bayley actually didn't interrupt the match: all of that was happening backstage and Asuka decided to abandon the match she was winning so as to get involved in an affair between two fellow workers. They can even justify that she has no right to challenge back for the title since she willingly relinquished it. Of course, they could have simply had Sasha beat her clean, but this way they A) get a possible rematch out of the way B) Can avoid accusations from the Asuka fans by saying "b-b-but she was protected, you can't complain uhhh!"

On YT and IG there are thousands of posts about how Asuka is a great friend for putting Kairi before the title, the angle resonated the way it was supposed to with normal people, WF hate-watchers are a unique group.

Problem is, that would be all fine if they were consitent with their writing. wwe is a promotion where, unless you are their chosen FotC, you are going to have sudden heel and face turns. What's the point of writing Asuka as such a selfless person if she's quite likely going to turn heel again at some point sooner or later (esp since it's pretty apparent Vince is only willing to push her whenever she's a heel, since he doesnt seem to be high on her as a face)? There's also the fact that Asuka has basically acted like an "at all costs" champion throughout this run, celebrating her title defenses as if she had been elected PotUS despite her wins being all under controversial circumstances. Now she suddenly is willing to relinquish the title without batting an eye to help her friend who's leaving the company?

Anyway, the big question ain't why Asuka did what she did but why did the production team broadcast the attack on the tron during the match instead of sending the security staff to stop Bayley? Were they in cahoots with Bayley or something?

Also, why is OP complaining? Asuka is gonna be out of the title picture for a very loong time, so he got his wish. If someone I didn't like got wrote out of a prominent program, you know I wouldnt give a damn about if they got written to look like schmucks or something. I'd simply celebrate.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I kinda agree, it was taping and WWE can't figure out how to do beat up Kairi scene properly, they only show Kairi already down and pummeled by Bayley, they should show Kairi have fight against Bayley and almost win it before Bayley use foreign object to put Kairi down. Also, where's the other staff? Normally they would show up like Agent Smith clones.

Reactions: Mahmenn

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,385 Posts
Anyway, the big question ani't why Asuka did what she did but, why did the prouction team broadcast the attack on the tron during the match instead of sending the security staff to stop Bayley? Were they in cahoots with Bayley or something?
Refs and staff help the heels meanwhile. Remember, in the very same show: they sent out half a douzend people to stop the fight between Nia and Shayna, all of them were beat up, including camera/producer staff.
When the messiah and Murphy beat up Aleister Black and sacrificed him on the stairs, NOBODY helped Black. But when 1 minute later Dominique attacked the surprised messiah, suddenly there were three refs between them.

So nobody helped Kairi, because she was no more 100% a heel and Bayley is. Kairi`s fault. ;)

Reactions: Mahmenn

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lol i'm not stressing irl about this, i'll come on here and give my thoughts, but i'm not thinking about this at all outside being on here tbh. And theres shit i really like in the company that keeps me watching, currently Drew, Orton, AJ, Riddle, Rollins, NXT.

And how did it miss by inches? the entire ending was fucking terrible, a title changed hands by a count out, Asuka had the match won and instead of waiting 5 more seconds to make Sasha tap and get her title back, she acts if Kairi's head is about to be severed by a machete and must leave at once, when all it is is just Bayley kicking her, and Sasha looks like the weakest fucking champion of all time, laying there passed out and gets awarded the title by count out by doing absolutely nothing.
Meh, Asuka never really won the title so losing via count out isnt a biggie. Just makes Sasha look like more of a heel while she carries the 2 belts til Summerslam.

Do people actually think Sasha is going to get long reign here???

·
Registered
640 Posts
It made Asuka look like an idiot imo, she had Sasha knocked out and had her halfway in the Asuka Lock, all she had to to do was lock it on and she would've won in seconds and then she could've ran to help Kairi, but instead she ran to the back leaving Sasha to win by count out. Its not like Kairi was about to have her head crushed by a cinder block or anything, she was gonna be fine from Bayley beating her up.
Very true, I mean she did have to endure multiple potential career threatening matches with nia jax and was still able to live to tell the horrific tales.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Very true, I mean she did have to endure multiple potential career threatening matches with nia jax and was still able to live to tell the horrific tales.
Yeah if she could endure that bitch's botches she can endure a little beatdown from Bayley backstage no problem.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
On YT and IG there are thousands of posts about how Asuka is a great friend for putting Kairi before the title, the angle resonated the way it was supposed to with normal people, WF hate-watchers are a unique group.
The beat down Kairi received was weak as fuck in the kayfabe world for long time wrestling watchers. You can't blame hardcore fans for thinking that was soft because it was.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
And?

They humiliated Lita on her way out of the company. Completely and utterly embarrassed her and she's one of the most influential, important Pro Wrestlers male or female of all time.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
938 Posts
And?

They humiliated Lita on her way out of the company. Completely and utterly embarrassed her and she's one of the most influential, important Pro Wrestlers male or female of all time.
I doubt those two are even comparable tbh

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
If she’s actually going, that is a way classier send-off than WWE usually does. I’m still skeptical. I mean, she can’t even fly to Japan yet, can she? I still think there’s time to do a big comeback from that angle.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts