Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She ran Bayley away from ringside chasing her to the back, then later we get shown Bayley just beating her ass backstage, not with a weapon or anything just stomping her and punching her and Kairi's laying there yelling "ASUKA! ASUKA!", she was yelling like a helpless child yelling for their mother or something. Bayley wasn't beating her down with a weapon or anything, and Kairi was acting fucking helpless calling out to be saved, i mean this is just fucking Bayley, not Brock Lesnar.

·
it's a tarp!
5,252 Posts
Bit weird but it reminded me of Superman 2.

Asuka gave up what made her great to save her bae. But now that's no longer holding her back, Asuka can rise again, with prejudice.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It made Asuka look like an idiot imo, she had Sasha knocked out and had her halfway in the Asuka Lock, all she had to to do was lock it on and she would've won in seconds and then she could've ran to help Kairi, but instead she ran to the back leaving Sasha to win by count out. Its not like Kairi was about to have her head crushed by a cinder block or anything, she was gonna be fine from Bayley beating her up.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,517 Posts
It was silly Asuka had roughly ten seconds to tap Sasha out and then go rescue Kairi but no she had to throw away her Title for a situation she could have saved regardless, She still would have made it backstage immediately after the bell rang.

I'd wager it was to prevent Asuka from looking selfish putting her Title before her friend.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was silly Asuka had roughly ten seconds to tap Sasha out and then go rescue Kairi but no she had to throw away her Title for a situation she could have saved regardless, She still would have made it backstage immediately after the bell rang.

I'd wager it was to prevent Asuka from looking selfish putting her Title before her friend.
They should've made the situation more dire, like Bayley was about to smash Kairi's head with a lead pipe or something, to make it understandable why Asuka had to rush off immediately, but what they did was stupid, it was just Bayley kicking her and punching her, nothing Kairi couldn't handle yet Asuka felt it was worth throwing away her title to help her. When as you said Asuka could've just made Sasha tap and ran to the back right after, its not like Kairi was about to die.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Let's not forget the way Kairi was written off NXT...is cause Shayna broke her arm and Io wanted revenge for her friend.

This might give Asuka a character change. A more darker serious one now that Kairi is gone she's back to a solo competitor

·
The Babyface of WF
12,517 Posts
They should've made the situation more dire, like Bayley was about to smash Kairi's head with a lead pipe or something, to make it understandable why Asuka had to rush off immediately, but what they did was stupid, it was just Bayley kicking her and punching her, nothing Kairi couldn't handle yet Asuka felt it was worth throwing away her title to help her. When as you said Asuka could've just made Sasha tap and ran to the back right after, its not like Kairi was about to die.
Exactly that those options would have sufficed easily I mean Kairi is the one who chased off Bayley in the first place, They made it look like it was uncommon for Heels to get the upper hand in brawls like these how many times have Heels jumped Faces backstage that fared worse than that? Plenty.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Officials were faster to break up Nia and Shayna than they were for someone getting an ass whipping. And while we're at it, are we supposed to believe that a few punches and kicks are career ending?

She was in the ring multiple times with Nia, if that didn't end her career, then nothing will.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Officials were faster to break up Nia and Shayna than they were for someone getting an ass whipping. And while we're at it, are we supposed to believe that a few punches and kicks are career ending?

She was in the ring multiple times with Nia, if that didn't end her career, then nothing will.
Lol exactly, no officials was anywhere to be seen to break up Bayley and Kairi even though it was being broadcasted on the freaking titantron and supposedly Kairi got a career ending beatdown. But like a flash they was out there to break up Shayna and Nia's pathetic looking brawl.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,283 Posts
I'm surprised people are saying Asuka looked stupid for running to save Kairi. I mean sure logic would dictate that Asuka would have beaten Sasha if she kept the hold on. But on the other hand she would have looked like she cared more about winning than saving her friend. I guess you could say Asuka was showing that she cared more about her friend's wellbeing than winning the match which could easily be translated to genuine love.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Really should have been Shayna writing Kairi off, or if it was going to be Bayley, she should at least have had a weapon.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,167 Posts
I'm surprised people are saying Asuka looked stupid for running to save Kairi. I mean sure logic would dictate that Asuka would have beaten Sasha if she kept the hold on. But on the other hand she would have looked like she cared more about winning than saving her friend. I guess you could say Asuka was showing that she cared more about her friend's wellbeing than winning the match which could easily be translated to genuine love.
On YT and IG there are thousands of posts about how Asuka is a great friend for putting Kairi before the title, the angle resonated the way it was supposed to with normal people, WF hate-watchers are a unique group.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On YT and IG there are thousands of posts about how Asuka is a great friend for putting Kairi before the title, the angle resonated the way it was supposed to with normal people, WF hate-watchers are a unique group.
Lol it was just Bayley with no weapon hitting her, Kairi isn't a helpless child, shes a former NXT womens champion she shouldn't be that fucking helpless yelling Asuka! Asuka! as if she couldn't fight back. Asuka was like 5 seconds away from beating Sasha, Kairi wouldn't have been killed in that time frame from just fucking Bayley kicking her.

Yeah i get what they was going for, and my point was it should have been Bayley assaulting Kairi with a pipe or something more serious to make Asuka rush back there, Kairi is a wrestler, she can take what Bayley was dishing out there and survive ffs.

·
17,167 Posts
Lol it was just Bayley with no weapon hitting her, Kairi isn't a helpless child, shes a former NXT womens champion she shouldn't be that fucking helpless yelling Asuka! Asuka! as if she couldn't fight back. Asuka was like 5 seconds away from beating Sasha, Kairi wouldn't have been killed in that time frame from just fucking Bayley kicking her.

Yeah i get what they was going for, and my point was it should have been Bayley assaulting Kairi with a pipe or something more serious to make Asuka rush back there, Kairi is a wrestler, she can take what Bayley was dishing out there and survive ffs.
We only saw 30 seconds of what had to be like a 10 minute fight since it started before the match did and continued all the way through (unless they were playing hide and seek), there's no telling what Bayley could've done to her to stop her from fighting back.

Earlier in the night you saw Murphy, by himself, jam Aleister's eye into the stairs, if you just saw that clip without the context of the beat down that came before you would be like "why is Aleister so helpless, why isn't he fighting back".

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We only saw 30 seconds of what had to be like a 10 minute fight since it started before the match did and continued all the way through (unless they were playing hide and seek), there's no telling what Bayley could've done to her to stop her from fighting back.

Earlier in the night you saw Murphy, by himself, jam Aleister's eye into the stairs, if you just saw that clip without the context of the beat down that came before you would be like "why is Aleister so helpless, why isn't he fighting back".
Lol so they was fighting for 10 minutes back there without any officials breaking it up? when Nia and Shayna started fighting officials immediately broke their fight up and they barely touched each other. But you mean to tell me Kairi and Bayley was fighting each other for 10 minutes back there with no one stopping them? Then kairi screaming for help and still no coming to break it up except Asuka.

The whole thing was poorly done, Asuka acted as if kairi was killed from a beatdown from Bayley where there was no weapon involved, Asuka came out of that room looking like Kairi just died in surgery or something. It was poorly done and made Asuka look like a dumb ass, Asuka wouldn't have looked as dumb had as i said had it showed Bayley beating her down with a chair or a weapon, but from what we saw it just made Asuka look dumb, just finish Sasha off and go back there then.

·
17,167 Posts
Lol so they was fighting for 10 minutes back there without any officials breaking it up? when Nia and Shayna started fighting officials immediately broke their fight up and they barely touched each other. But you mean to tell me Kairi and Bayley was fighting each other for 10 minutes back there with no one stopping them? Then kairi screaming for help and still no coming to break it up except Asuka.

The whole thing was poorly done, Asuka acted as if kairi was killed from a beatdown from Bayley where there was no weapon involved, Asuka came out of that room looking like Kairi just died in surgery or something. It was poorly done and made Asuka look like a dumb ass, Asuka wouldn't have looked as dumb had as i said had it showed Bayley beating her down with a chair or a weapon, but from what we saw it just made Asuka look dumb, just finish Sasha off and go back there then.
Could it have been done better? Sure, almost everything in WWE could be done better.

Did it get across the story and the emotions the way they wanted it to? Yes, to everyone except WF nitpickers.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Could it have been done better? Sure, almost everything in WWE could be done better.

Did it get across the story and the emotions the way they wanted it to? Yes, to everyone except WF nitpickers.
You mean except to everyone who calls out Vince's bullshit and doesn't blindly sit there accepting the shit he gives us, and the ones who saw how stupid it made Asuka look and how poorly that beatdown was executed by Bayley and how over the top Asuka was acting over a very tame beatdown, and how the title changed hands a by a fucking count out, i'd hardly call those nitpicks.

Sure most of the casual fans i'm sure they saw it and didn't look into anything and just watched it as the sheep Vince wants them to be and accepted his mediocre shit storytelling. But i'm sorry there are those of us who actually analyze and call out stupid shit when we see it and don't blindly sit there giving Vince the reaction he wants us to give despite the shit he produces.

The fucking title changed hands by a count out ffs, and also Stephanie clearly said there was to be no interference by Bayley or Asuka would win the title, and Bayley fucking interfered, she distracted Asuka, yet Sasha is declared the winner despite Bayley clearly getting involved. None of the shit made any damn sense, it was one of the worst endings to a title match i've ever seen. Kairi was acting like a helpless child screaming like a pussy for Asuka as if she was being crucified by Bayley, even though Kairi was the on who ran Bayley off, yet Bayley just kicked her ass backstage and was making her cry.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
they gave her that emotional video package posted above and she won her last match. That's a better exit than 95% of wrestlers who get released, don't get any acknowledgement on TV at all, they're just quietly written off television and never mentioned again.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they gave her that emotional video package posted above and she won her last match. That's a better exit than 95% of wrestlers who get released, don't get any acknowledgement on TV at all, they're just quietly written off television and never mentioned again.
Doesn't change the fact that was a shitty ending to a title match and made everyone involved look terrible, Sasha's now a terrible champion who won the belt from a count out after she was clearly beat and knocked out. Asuka was made to look like a dumb ass cause she had Sasha beat in the next 5 seconds but chose to throw her title away to go help Kairi from a tame beatdown when she could've easily made Sasha tap and won her title and had plenty of time to still run back there after she won. It wasn't like Kairi was being murdered with a machete or about to have a cinder block dropped on her head.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts