Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,149 Posts
Never get excited about anything the WWE does. I physically can no longer feel hype for this company, even if I want to.

For example - Bryan vs Fiend. Two of my favorites, probably gonna be a great match, potential for all time best storytelling. But it's WWE so my body can't give a fuck

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude the moment HHH was the promo guy of NXT, it was done.
Huge problem too, NXT nor any of the wrestlers aren't the star of the angle, it's this fucking non-wrestler attention whore Triple H, and that became evident right when they had Adam Cole beat Daniel Bryan and instead of Cole being the star, Triple H had to take away all of the attention.

It's terrible, this whole angle has sucked, and I knew it was going to suck from week 1.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,536 Posts
Well... What you'd expected?
Isn't HHH the Optimus Prime of NXT...? Who always takes care of HIS NXT wrestlers like papa smurf would do?
:hbk2

·
Registered
734 Posts
NXT has been around for over 7 years and this is the first Ive heard anyone even mention wanting them to "invade" anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude the moment HHH was the promo guy of NXT, it was done.
Huge problem too, NXT nor any of the wrestlers aren't the star of the angle, it's this fucking non-wrestler attention whore Triple H, and that became evident right when they had Adam Cole beat Daniel Bryan and instead of Cole being the star, Triple H had to take away all of the attention.

It's terrible, this whole angle has sucked, and I knew it was going to suck from week 1.
I'm not his biggest fan but it might be that because HHH is the only star. Adam Cole will never be a star because he looks like shit, look at his arms. He's maybe the least intimidating 'wrestler' I've ever seen.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,730 Posts
It's trash because WWE is trash and this whole brand warfare thing is lazy. Just having brands attack each other every week is not gonna cut it. It's the same old shit we've seen before. Except now, we have more uncharismatic superstars, less sensical booking, and less storytelling. The full teams are not even in place yet and the fuckin PPV is this Sunday. How are people supposed to get hyped?

1.) Most casuals have no idea who is on what brand and can clearly tell that it's rushed booking.
2.) Triple H is cutting the same promo every week
3.) There are no stakes. Nothing is on the line.
4.) Teams are just being thrown together for no rhyme or reason
5.) Past feuds are being retconned thereby insulting the intelligence of the viewer
6.) The acting and promos are bad and most people have no idea who these NXT geeks are
7.) They're booking the same all out chaos geek fight scene every week

It's just one giant free for all clusterfuck. Why would anyone care?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Casuals don't watch nxt so of course it wasn't going to draw on the main roster. Vince doesn't book like a wrestling show. If raw was booked like nxt it would probably have gotten a reaction

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Casuals don't watch nxt so of course it wasn't going to draw on the main roster. Vince doesn't book like a wrestling show. If raw was booked like nxt it would probably have gotten a reaction
It did draw tho, for the first few weeks, it was drawing, they killed the angle dead and then it stopped drawing.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
There's no stakes, what do you expect? Just Survivor series bragging rights to my understanding, though I haven't been watching. Who the fuck cares about that?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts