Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight WWE held a Gauntlet match with Nakamura, Bryan, Mysterio, Zayn, and Corbin and eventually Adam Pearce after Heyman pulled some strings to get him in.

Now, ultimately this was all a vehicle to further this angle with Reigns and Pearce but in the middle of all of this and even at the end too, was Nakamura getting 3 straight clean pins over Mysterio, Corbin, and Bryan.

I mean, first off this is the best he's looked in the ring in a long time because they finally gave him something to chew on. Not only that, but he got 3 straight clean wins, had a bit of a babyface moment with Bryan, and got screwed in the end by Roman and Jey.

And I just thought that was very interesting and unexpected. Like, that could have easily just been Bryan or even Rey who are already faces. But they made it a point for Nakamura to be that guy.

Was it just random? Maybe. Or, is this the beginning of a potential face run for Nakamura where he could even end up challenging Roman. I mean he won't win and I'm not going to act like he's going to be pushed to the moon. But, I do find it interesting that they chose him to be that guy in this match.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I could see him running in at the RR and going after Reigns, maybe a match on a PPV before mania like others have said.... maybe Nak wins the rumble again and challenges Reigns as a face?

·
Registered
660 Posts
They wanted Priest to be involved in the Reigns storyline as they are short on main event baby faces. Priest actually reminds me a bit of Nakamura weirdly. What else is the Shin doing? I also think he is someone fans would get behind again as a face, moreover booking him correctly like tonight he might actually redeem himself. Could definitely happen imo.

He will be back to jobbing to the dirty dawgs next week with Cesaro lol

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Vince and WWE cashing in on all of the WrestleKingdom talk. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
What they did tonight reminded me how good Nakamura could've been and made me even more depressed and pissed off that they completely butchered the fuck out of him despite being the most over face on the roster the moment he arrived. This leads to nothing, it's just filler.

Reactions: Whoanma

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
14,854 Posts
I loved it, I always had Pity for Nakamura's fall from grace in 2018, Tonight gave me a glimmer of hope that he may regain some of that lost credibility even if he was supposed to get screwed over in the end, He went from a now meaningless filler Tag Team with Cesaro to defeating 3 guys all above his position within the Midcard one after the other plus it's an endurance type match so I hope they actually push Shinsuke in some fashion soon enough.

Seriously there were alternate options to make Nakamura lose if they didn't care.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
If he is now a face again I hope they give him a reason for turning face. I hate when they turn someone and they don't have a reason for the turn.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nakamura's has always been great apart from speaking English,I don't know why some people think he sucks.
He is charismatic

·
Premium Member
12,020 Posts
It would be ridiculous not to capitalize on this. This is how you build someone back up.

I'd have Bryan win the Rumble, Nak challenges Roman for the PPV before Mania as they tease the winner that will face Bryan for WM.
If they protect Nak like they did with KO in his loss vs Roman, it will be good for him long-term.

You need more Main Event players on SD.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hopefully they do have it go somewhere since they need to give Roman a variety of opponents. They now have Nak, Bryan, and pretty soon Big E as legit contenders for Reigns which is nothing but good for the brand.

·
Southern Pride
4,345 Posts
Maybe Nakamura faces Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber or he is one of the wrestlers in the Elimination Chamber match.

Other than maybe feuding with Cesaro I can't imagine what else he would do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Absolutely can’t stand Nakamura. Everything about this guy sucks. His weird mannerisms,his stupid gear and his “strong style” moveset.
Disagree. I love his style. Your reasons for not liking the dude is stupid as fuck. I hope he wins the wwe championship because reigns is trash.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,713 Posts
It’s not going anywhere this close to Mania. They just did it to do it. No reason he should have gone over Daniel Bryan.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Likely being built as a filler opponent for Roman between now and WM.

Hopefully he gets his old theme back though. If they don't why bother

1 - 20 of 47 Posts