Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

They Fucking Did It: Orange Cassidy Officially Signs With AEW

28K views 277 replies 86 participants last post by  Obfuscation 
#1 ·
On today's Being in the Elite it was announced that Orange Cassidy had officially signed a contract with AEW, this is the same man who put Tommy Dreamer in the hospital God damn it :mj2.

Signing is announced at the 5:05 mark.

#56 ·
Some of the people in this thread genuinely make me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan :lol

What I assume are grown men are complaining that a show based around fake fighting have hired someone who's whole gimmick is that he doesn't want to fake fight.

Not only that, but they were expecting AEW... a company co-founded by the YOUNG BUCKS to be some kind of super serious wrestling show :lol :lol

Brilliant. Never change WrestlingForum.

Hopefully by the time TV comes around these wankstains are gone when they realise wrestling they grew up with died when they hit puberty.

#59 ·
I don’t give a flying fuck what the naysayers think, and there’s no point wasting energy trying to convince them otherwise. I’m stoked. Loved this guy from the first time I saw him.

People bitch about how vanilla, formulaic and boring WWE has become, and now we’ve got AEW bringing every different flavor and style under the sun under one roof, and you’re still bitching because it’s not taking wrestling seriously? Fucking really? Think about that for a second — taking wrestling seriously. Y’all are watching the wrong sport. And y’all maybe listen a little too much to Cornette, too.

AEW is gonna be like New England weather — if you don’t like what you’ve got, just stick around a few minutes and it will change. This oughtta be awesome.

#71 ·
You will have your serious acts, guys who will be your main event guys ,and then you will have your middle of the card and low end guys. The attitude era had a range of mid card comedy fodder that was extremely over. There's a spot for every kind of wrestler. I'm happy for Cassidy as long as they don't overexposed him.

#75 ·
Spoilers - AEW will always aim to be a buffet of the wrestling world - lots of different styles and stories

They said it before, and Cody just tweeted the same again

If you have an issue with having variety, then this might not be for you

Me personally, i skip the stuff i don’t care for and i’m sticking around for the stuff i do

It’s like..... :datass ....... simple

#81 · (Edited)
This is so bad that even pancake flipping new day at least takes wrestling more serious than orange Cassidy who makes a mockery out of it ...he's a huge piece of trash and not redeemable in anyway and he doesn't even wrestle in ring. Just makes a fool out of the whole business. Add this signing to another reason why AEW Is slowly becoming shit sadly

#215 ·
Line from OC in here kind of sums up how I think they view things, which doesn’t hold true for me at least:

“I figure if I’m having fun, then everybody in the audience is having fun.”

I, for one, do not find his comedy, for the most part, to be fun. And I think some of the AEW crew have the idea that they are here to amuse themselves and that’s going to amuse everyone and take them along for the ride. The Fyte Fest stuff underscores this.

Only if people in the audience are looking for the ‘sports-based alternative to WWE’ — which is how they bill themselves — then they might be turned off by this stuff (especially casuals who they’re trying to draw in) and instead lose potential audience.

The job isn’t to entertain themselves and hope we are all going want to be part of the in-jokes. It’s to entertain the audience, and that’s going to be much harder to do when that audience becomes the wider TV audience ... especially if their comedy just isn’t funny.

#96 ·
The amount of entitlement in this thread already. fpalm

People keep wanting "MUH CHARACTERS" and then one with actual uniqueness comes along and some of you get pissy because that character happens to be comedic out of the many "Serious" ones already on the roster. It boggles the mind.

#97 · (Edited)
I knew the obvious contrarians who were more AEWWE fans than AEW fans were going to turn on the company eventually. It was inevitable.

At least I'm vindicated for calling it when the hating started. Orange Cassidy rules. I know if that was in the Attitude Era/Ruthless Aggression era, all of y'all would dickride him.

Fickle as fuck. :mj4

#99 ·
AEWWE fans need to go if anything is going to ruin this company it's the geeks trying to turn this into their version of WWE, that's not what an alternative is. If you want that "serious" bullshit go watch MMA. Sorry you can't escape the fact that pro wrestling will NEVER be taken seriously again, but that's life. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.