Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 278 Posts

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,922 Posts
He says they took a knock when putting shows out for free.

I mean, that is kinda expected, right? And was his call - just as i am guessing he signed off on signing OC
Yeah, I’m scratching my head here — those shows were free on BR. I gotta think he knew he wouldn’t be making a profit from it. :lol

·
BigPoppaPump is ur hook up, and the next heavyweig
519 Posts
wrestling is a circus.
Agreed, even most of the fans are carnies. Great signing by the way. Dude is hilarious. Some people need to lighten up. Just because the humor in WWE is god awful and fueled by an out of touch, senile, has-been, not all comedy acts are terrible. I mean look at some sarcastic reply's about his "brute strength" and how he's a killer etc. Dude is going to be over. Also realize not everyone is going to Main Event right out of the gates.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Agreed, even most of the fans are carnies. Great signing by the way. Dude is hilarious. Some people need to lighten up. Just because the humor in WWE is god awful and fueled by an out of touch, senile, has-been, not all comedy acts are terrible. I mean look at some sarcastic reply's about his "brute strength" and how he's a killer etc. Dude is going to over. Also realize not everyone is going to Main Event right out of the gates.
Also, There's more to wrestling than just the main event.

Also, As someone else said. We get an actual character wrestling with a unique gimmick and people shit all over it. Isn't this what people have been wanting out of wrestling?

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Fyter and FftF were offered free for the sole purpose of audience analytics - to see which areas had the most interest and then used that info to choose the first cities to run television from - DC, Boston and Philly. Probably all the shows through November will be chosen based on those stats. After that they'll have television rating info to base their choices on.

The loss there was investment in the fan interest data. If it leads to a successful television launch and sold out shows early than it was worth the loss "investment".

·
BigPoppaPump is ur hook up, and the next heavyweig
519 Posts
Yeah And pushing silly niche indie gimmick shit about how powerful and violent this goof is is the antithesis of geek. I get it you think you're in on the joke - but you're part of the joke. Only nobody is laughing at it or the hiring except WWE today.

Worst day for AEW since the CBR debacle at DoN. And at least the CBR could be glossed over by the rest of that card. This is stand alone in all it's glory horrid.

Cassidy is right up there with Dick Flip guy as to what is wrong with niche indie wrestling fans - grab on to something stupid because it's "theirs" and pretend it's the greatest thing in the world. Wrestling equivalent to hipsters. Cater to this vocal minority niche and you're not getting back the lapsed casuals.

Says who? I think YOU might like Mae Young giving birth to a hand, but you don't speak for the majority of lapsed fans.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't understand what's funny or entertaining about a wrestler doing weak slow attacks.

ppl bantering "omg he's overpowered" as a joke I roll my eyes..

I'm hoping the perception of how many ppl are interested in him is exhagerrated online.

And I pray the ratings tank whenever orange, havok or janella are on TV and the elite and khan snap out of their bubble and stop catering to indy shit. Lapsed fan oh please, lapsed fans are not indy fans. indy fans are the lowest in terms of ability to please, they like everything and anything, cater to them and good luck succeeding.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
That is an opinion you are indeed allowed to have.
Why do fans talk like they are actually part of the industry

That mong bean thinks he’s cornette or something - ‘disrespecting the business’

Gettafuckouttahere - glad he’s on my ignore list..... so I won’t even see a reply :D

But like..... :datass ...... whatever

·
Registered
217 Posts
And the problem with that is ... ???
i'm not insulting. The answer to your question was in my original post.

Cater to the easiest to please and you'll lose out on the rest.

Cater to the harder to please and you'll still attract the easily entertained aka indy fans.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the past, wrestlers were one of a kind tough men. In the present, any un-trained toothpick sized fan who wants to call themselves a wrestler can be signed to a contract. It’s a fucking mockery that’s what it is. I don’t need to watch a show were I’m more believable as an athleet than those who are performning.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,161 Posts
In the past, wrestlers were one of a kind tough men. In the present, any un-trained toothpick sized fan who wants to call themselves a wrestler can be signed to a contract. It’s a fucking mockery that’s what it is. I don’t need to watch a show were I’m more believable as an athleet than those who are performning.
Then.... don't watch?

Who gives a shit.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I don't understand what's funny or entertaining about a wrestler doing weak slow attacks.

……….indy fans are the lowest in terms of ability to please, they like everything and anything, cater to them and good luck succeeding.
You don’t seem to understand much about Indy wrestling fans as well!

In the past
Where you should stay.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Yeah, I’m scratching my head here — those shows were free on BR. I gotta think he knew he wouldn’t be making a profit from it. :lol
Well he said he was willing to do it, so that statement to me reads he knew, it was basically paying for advertising for the company.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
The fact OC is working some of you into a tizzy is proof enough he is a good signing. Cassidy has a actual unique character that's not smiling geek who's happy to be here like half the wwe roster and you still bitch. The gimmick does need to be tweak a bit for a national tv audience but fuck me OC is someone who I could actually see be a big star in the old WCW and attitude era.

As for the disrespecting the business bs, Harley Race was once described as killing the business when he broke in and WWE had some of the most over characters be a undead wizard and a guy with 4 different personalities so gtfo with that stupid ass argument

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
They will need lower tier guys for their roster. It's not like what he is now, is what he's going to be for the rest of his career. Good chance he could be one of those diamond-in-the-rough guys who could surprise us in a few years. I could be wrong about it but at least they are trying it with someone. AEW is going to go through growing pains and this is one of those things.

161 - 180 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.