Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I’m kinda floored by the amount of hate around here whenever AEW does something a little different. Then again, I shouldn’t be. Some people take all the fun out of this shit.
The hate is like...... :datass ..... whatever....

Let’s all have a little OC in our lives :)

Ps> OC shirts vs WWE OC shirts :D

Should just copy them and kinda make design knockoffs

Edit: his current shirt is amazing - i might get that actually

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I'm not hating on AeW, I like waht I've seen, but I've not seen anything but stupid shit from Orange. Linking a good match doesn't make up for the gimmick, Isaac Yankum could have put on a 5* and it would still be a gimmick I don't like.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Guess what I had with my breakfast, guys?

Some OJ....and it was...

FRESH

LY

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZED!
:yoshi

Man, these past few weeks have been awesome for me. Banjo is in Smash, FF7 Tifa reveal, Rediscovering my creative muses, lots of good-ass alternative wrestling and now one of my favorite acts is in my current favorite company! :sodone

I understand that some won't like it, but for me this is great. I'm super hyped, and I'm not even being ironic. :eek:kada

(Excuse me if this is over the top. I'm just happy this morning. Not trying to taunt anyone unhappy with this.)

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I’m kinda floored by the amount of hate around here whenever AEW does something a little different. Then again, I shouldn’t be. Some people take all the fun out of this shit.
sincerely? don't get too worked up about it lol. it used to happen to me, all the fun taken away because I watched the shows while being on internet. I went back and watched them again without the twitter and the WF? guess what it's muuuch more enjoyable.
as for Cassidy it's like I said, he isn't just a gimmick he actually hit all the marks of a good wrestler, workrate? fucking check ( he can sell, hit hard like a fucker and deliver the moves in a believable way while making them feel important), charisma? flowing all over his damn body and finally he just look good.
that's why it works, because he is actually a good wrestler overall,
I say it here, if he can adapt and tone down his thing and like Naito use it as a way to piss his opponent off while showing his wrestling skill, he is going to get way bigger than any of use can imagine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think I get it now. Cody is hiring:

1. Friends.
2. Midgets who won't make him look short.
3. Skinny fucks who won't make him look skinny.

Not saying everyone needs to look like Braun Strowman but a little size would benefit this roster, not more indy geeks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think I get it now. Cody is hiring:

1. Friends.
2. Midgets who won't make him look short.
3. Skinny fucks who won't make him look skinny.

Not saying everyone needs to look like Braun Strowman but a little size would benefit this roster, not more indy geeks.
Okay, what talented big men are currently working as free agents? Because that's what they have to pull from.

·
Registered
22,709 Posts
YAWN

How is that entertaining? I could do that. No need to sign this guy who has 0 talent. ZERO

Great reply......

You must be one of those accept everything they give us type of guys that are marks for companys.

Why wouldnt he be upset with yet another jabroni getting hired thats gonna waste tv time on a product he's trying to enjoy?
Because it's variety someone who can break up the seriousness. These characters have places. If it's not your cup of tea cool, I'm all for it though

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm not hating on AeW, I like waht I've seen, but I've not seen anything but stupid shit from Orange. Linking a good match doesn't make up for the gimmick, Isaac Yankum could have put on a 5* and it would still be a gimmick I don't like.
Hey fair enough man not your cup of tea though do check out the match with Starr at least cause that is a good one and can show what happens when he is made to get serious rather than being the lazy prick his gimmick is designed to be initially (which is a gimmick I like but only in very small doses with it being so different but it's an incredibly easy one to overexpose if they are not careful about how they handle it as well)

·
My Balls Are Hard As Steele
9,852 Posts
I feel like I should post the Orange/Starr match to shut Mr Red up, but it wont do any good.

Fuck it

:cozy When OC snaps on the likes of MJF or Jericho, you'll see how great he is.
That's the thing, if you don't think about the gimmick, you find out he's a very good wrestler.

Anyways, even if AEW is trying to be more wrestling based than WWE, you still need to have comedy acts like Orange to go along with you're more serious stuff. In wresting, just like ice cream, you need different flavors to help out the product.

Back to Orange, I can't wait to be squeezed. :mark

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,266 Posts
I wonder how Tony Khan felt when he saw that they lost money on the Bleacher Report shows and the "Elite" had just signed Marko Stunt and were going to sign this goofball?
Orange Cassidy might be okay, MIGHT BE OKAY, if he's the one and only overt comedy guy on the roster. The thing is, they've got like, 10 comedy angles going. Look at all the people they've got who do comedy shit now, including the Young Bucks and Hadouken Boy and all this other garbage they've do so far? Librarians, Michael Nakazawa, video game characters with "fatality" finishers and "creeper" henchmen that are the putties from Power Rangers, a tag team with somebody behaving like a genuine dinosaur with a smaller wrestler riding him and merchandise referencing Yoshi with Mario is one of the better things they've got going, and that's wacky hijinks, too. How much more comedy bullshit does a 2 hour show need, anyhow?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I wonder how Tony Khan felt when he saw that they lost money on the Bleacher Report shows and the "Elite" had just signed Marko Stunt and were going to sign this goofball?
Orange Cassidy might be okay, MIGHT BE OKAY, if he's the one and only overt comedy guy on the roster. The thing is, they've got like, 10 comedy angles going. Look at all the people they've got who do comedy shit now, including the Young Bucks and Hadouken Boy and all this other garbage they've do so far? Librarians, Michael Nakazawa, video game characters with "fatality" finishers and "creeper" henchmen that are the putties from Power Rangers, a tag team with somebody behaving like a genuine dinosaur with a smaller wrestler riding him and merchandise referencing Yoshi with Mario is one of the better things they've got going, and that's wacky hijinks, too. How much more comedy bullshit does a 2 hour show need, anyhow?
What are you referencing here? Any sources?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
He says they took a knock when putting shows out for free.

I mean, that is kinda expected, right? And was his call - just as i am guessing he signed off on signing OC

141 - 160 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.