Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Nice try. Most here don't always agree with what AEW does. Personally, and this is coming from a guy who likes AEW's actions in some cases but wouldn't consider themselves a "fan", I criticized the company for FFTF as the weakest of the three shows, along with certain matches and forced meta humor on BTE ahead of their TNT primetime show.

Nobody agrees with everything AEW does and it's a weak defense mechanism by contrarians who want to excuse the fact that they don't represent the majority of opinion...case in point.
I'm still waiting on those quotes from the last bullshit claim you made.

Hiding behind being part of the majority opinion like that means anything is weak shit as well. The majority can be wrong.

And where is this majority of opinion idea coming from - twitter support on AEW's official feed and here? Seems like that would be a rather skewed and unrepresentative sample.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I feel like I should post the Orange/Starr match to shut Mr Red up, but it wont do any good.

Fuck it

:cozy When OC snaps on the likes of MJF or Jericho, you'll see how great he is.
holy shit! that Canadian destroyer sequences!
look past his gimmick, look at his selling, his way to move in the ring and how he handle himself. if done right this guy could be wayyyy more than just a low card. he is very good in the ring, like I said he just has to play his gimmick like Naito. his shtick is perfect as mind games. he tone it down and wrestle and this guy could get bigger than anyone here expect it. he is extremely original in term of character work, can wrestle and more important, he is charismatic and a good looking guy. play your card right with this guy aew.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Like...... :datass..... OP, just put up a poll..... or something

......... whatever

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
“The majority can be wrong” so this is legit just a case of the minority refusing to admit they’re the minority indeed then? Ok
No it's ridiculing the idea that simply claiming you're in the majority opinion makes it the correct opinion.

I bet if you polled a billion Chinese people they'd support the idea of killing all the protesters in Hong Kong right now. So I guess doing that would be the right decision because "majority".

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
No it's ridiculing the idea that simply claiming you're in the majority opinion makes it the correct opinion.

I bet if you polled a billion Chinese people they'd support the idea of killing all the protesters in Hong Kong right now. So I guess doing that would be the right decision because "majority".
Why are you trying to shit on what others enjoy?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Geez.... just watched that David Starr / OC match

The guy is clearly more than comedy - he can go

I almost had a little tear in my eye when the fans pushed the rope for a rope break - he got them solid invested

Wrestling is an art.... he is just a different type of artist

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
guys I can understand not liking his gimmick the way it is now. but I am 100% sure he is going to work around it, modify it and tone down the "lazy" part because it's just a 2 hours show and he won't get 30 minutes.
but he is a charismatic , good looking guy, who can wrestle, not just doing big spots. no he can wrestle, he sells right, moves right and make the moves feel important. he does down to the ground wrestling with chain locks and plays the submission part very well.
if he plays his gimmick right and does his thing he will be way more popular than we think.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Seems like the kind of cunt that I would hate.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
He's fun. As someone said, watch the match he had with Starr.
He could do a 5 star match and it won't stop me hating his gimmick, same with the Ryan prick.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Geez.... just watched that David Starr / OC match

The guy is clearly more than comedy - he can go

I almost had a little tear in my eye when the fans pushed the rope for a rope break - he got them solid invested

Wrestling is an art.... he is just a different type of artist
same, I thought he would be a good comedy but after this match nahhh he can be way more. his gimmick is innovative, he just needs to tone it down and only use it as mind games so it doesn't get tiring. in the ring? he is fucking good, his selling is on point and he can go. he is a great wrestler

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I know it's hard for you to understand, but you don't have to agree with every damn thing AEW does. It makes you a sheep. Might as well just type Baa, baa, baa, baa...

Orange Cassidy was a shit hire. Marko Stunt is shit with JB/Lucha.
And you wonder why people said you're an AEWWE person dear god.

You are allowed to dislike the OC hire hell I also disliked the Marko Stunt hire he wasn't someone I personally wanted to see get picked up by the company but there's a big difference between how I handled that and what you are doing here. I was actually respectful rather than shitting on the people who disagreed with me like you are doing and funny enough I didn't get any hate sent my way for how I shared my opinion on Marko Stunt from the people who do like him and liked the signing how peculiar (though then again I'm a nobody maybe no one even read it :lol)

So before you go to the sheep comments maybe have a bit of self awareness about the fact that maybe it's not the opinion people are giving you shit for but the presentation of said opinion.

121 - 140 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.