Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
AEW signs The Elite. WWE signs Stokely Hathaway. You are exposing yourself more and more as a AEWWE tool.
I know it's hard for you to understand, but you don't have to agree with every damn thing AEW does. It makes you a sheep. Might as well just type Baa, baa, baa, baa...

Orange Cassidy was a shit hire. Marko Stunt is shit with JB/Lucha.

·
Registered
24,459 Posts
I'll just say that he's a guy who can be a lot of fun in spots. I watched him a lot during Mania weekend and while I enjoyed him a lot at times, by the end I grew tired of his shtick.

So yeah, that's they key for me. Don't overuse him, and you can have something good. And unlike Marko Stunt, who's never really caught my eye, this guy could be an asset.

·
Registered
751 Posts
When did I say I was a fan of the Attitude Era or that angle? I despise the Attitude Era for it's extremely high levels of retardation and car crash TV garbage, but I'm not going to lie in regards to one of the reasons why it was popular. And look on any forum where people talk about "formerly enjoying wrestling" it's always going to be a reference to the garbage angles like that, sorry you don't believe it, sounds like a you problem. You should really stop while you're behind though.
That "garbage" drew far higher ratings than modern WWE or AEW could ever hope of drawing. AEW better rethink their stance on wanting to only cater to smarks. They could end up with 300k viewers at most and TNT may end up giving them the boot.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
That "garbage" drew far higher ratings than modern WWE or AEW could ever hope of drawing. AEW better rethink their stance on wanting to only cater to smarks. They could end up with 300k viewers at most and TNT may end up giving them the boot.
Why did you respond to me only to idiotically repeat exactly what I just said?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I know it's hard for you to understand, but you don't have to agree with every damn thing AEW does. It makes you a sheep. Might as well just type Baa, baa, baa, baa...

Orange Cassidy was a shit hire. Marko Stunt is shit with JB/Lucha.
Nice try. Most here don't always agree with what AEW does. Personally, and this is coming from a guy who likes AEW's actions in some cases but wouldn't consider themselves a "fan", I criticized the company for FFTF as the weakest of the three shows, along with certain matches and forced meta humor on BTE ahead of their TNT primetime show.

Nobody agrees with everything AEW does and it's a weak defense mechanism by contrarians who want to excuse the fact that they don't represent the majority of opinion...case in point.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
he is going to be over, it's your typical example of a lower carder who is super over.
good looking, decent physique, pretty good in the ring when he goes, and an interesting and atypical gimmick.
he will work around his gimmick to make it work.

as for people freaking out, here is the thing, you might not realize it yet, but aew is going to be actual very serious with a quite limited amount of comedy. ( that's why Tony khan keeps saying it won't be anything close to bte)
if you take some time and look at thing, their main event scene = ultra serious/gritty, the upper midcard/midcard ( with hangman/mjf and guys who haven't been revealed yet) is going to be gritty and serious, their tag team division is going to be very sport oriented, competitive with tournament. their women division is going to be exactly the same, sport oriented, hard hitting gritty division. ( and omega confirmed with haven't seen all the women). and then you have the lower card with the funny thing.
if you look at the grand scheme of thing and how structured things are, the comedy/non serious thing is minor and have been minor in all the shows.
and in their ideology, the card is structured in a way you won't see those lowercased comedy anywhere near the important shit because it goes crescendo.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
:fuckthis

How dare they hire a highly entertaining character that can bring eyes to the company by doing stuff they've never seen before. Like, say doing half your offence smoother than most with your fucking hands in your pockets.

This is number one bullshit. They should have gone to the World Bodybuilding Federation and signed a REAL man.

AEW has a lost a viewer :bunk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Unbelievable

Biggest joke in wresing today and a big reason why I dont take indy wrestling seriously.

AEW's roster so far is fucking trash. Main even is ok, the rest is filled with jobber indy trash wrestlers that dont belong on the big stage.

Impact has a way better roster. His schtick isnt funny and makes the whole business look like a joke. People are gonna see this guy and flip the channel because it his schrick is so stupid and insulting. I would be embarressed to show this guu to someone in my family or my friends.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Unbelievable

Biggest joke in wresing today and a big reason why I dont take indy wrestling seriously.

AEW's roster so far is fucking trash. Main even is ok, the rest is filled with jobber indy trash wrestlers that dont belong on the big stage.

Impact has a way better roster. His schtick isnt funny and makes the whole business look like a joke. People are gonna see this guy and flip the channel because it his schrick is so stupid and insulting. I would be embarressed to show this guu to someone in my family or my friends.
Yet here you are. :mj

·
Registered
606 Posts
Waste of money. The guy is good for like 2 minute match currently. If they evolve him it could work bc he has a good look.
Lmao Orange Cassidy has a good look? I almost spit out my drink reading this. The guy looks like a computer geek who bought some tacky clothes from the goodwill.

He looks like complete ASS. What do youean by "good look"?

Every time that I have watched him live he got the pop of the night.
Over 5k likes on twitter btw. Biggest reaction to a new signee since Moxley

These are all hardcore indy fans. A small minority. That 5000 is probably all the indy fans there are out there.

You really think casual are gonna give a shit about him?

And dont give me the bs about Cody and AEW not caring about casual, fact is, If AEW doesnt perform to TNT's expectations they could lose the contract and be right where TNA is now.

Yeah And pushing silly niche indie gimmick shit about how powerful and violent this goof is is the antithesis of geek. I get it you think you're in on the joke - but you're part of the joke. Only nobody is laughing at it or the hiring except WWE today.
Yep

lol at that guy calling people geeks for not supporting Orange Cassidy......

That stupid sarcastic thing people are doing makes my skin crawl its so cheesy and cringe.

This is exactly why wrestling sucks today, because guys like this continue to watch bs like this and support mediocrity.

Of TNA hired this clown they would be shit on by all these guys in this thread supporting him.

·
Registered
531 Posts
WF: we want something else than the generic wrestler, who’s serious about his craft and just is happy to be there.

AEW signs guy that’s not serious and does not what to be there.

WF: WTF is wrong with you, signing somebody like this?!?!

Just take a chill pill, OC will not dominate Mox, Omega and Hangman (he could if he wanted to, but luckily he does not) but will at least at some flavor (and it’s fresh!) to a wrestling world that went too serious and bland.

I’m sure he’s meant as a special attraction with his current gimmick. If he ever drops it, look up some of his matches, he can go if he wants to. But why should he become another generic wrestler. Lighten up. You don’t like him, fine, the 5 mins of tv time he gets will let you check your phone or take a piss break, but don’t slag other people for liking something you don’t.

·
Registered
606 Posts
His character is comedy gold for wrestling.

Have him as one of the lumberjacks that beatdown is perfect breather for a face.

Have him as a special guest referee imagine all the moments you can get from him. Unintentional slow counts, letting shit illegal fly because fuck it lol.

Then he's the perfect person for those "if you can find a tag partner" moments because he won't say no... But he probably won't help much either lol
YAWN

How is that entertaining? I could do that. No need to sign this guy who has 0 talent. ZERO

You are the weirdo getting upset over some wrestler getting a contract friend.

Great reply......

You must be one of those accept everything they give us type of guys that are marks for companys.

Why wouldnt he be upset with yet another jabroni getting hired thats gonna waste tv time on a product he's trying to enjoy?

So far, Cassidy marks are telling everyone to shup up and like it. Not realizing those people complaining are the same type pf people who are gonna be flipping the channel. We complain for a reason. Because Cassidy is straight dogshit. Just because the little niche indy crowd likes it doesnt mean anything. They tend to like dumb, lower level shit that you see at wrestling events that take place in 6 year olds backyards during birthday parties.

AEWWE fans need to go if anything is going to ruin this company it's the geeks trying to turn this into their version of WWE, that's not what an alternative is. If few want that "serious" bullshit go watch MMA. Sorry you can't escape the fact that pro wrestling will NEVER be taken seriously again, but that's life. Move on.

AEWWE fans? Oh so is that what you guys are now resorting too? Calling people who disagree with you or AEW WWE fans? Thats pretty ridiculous

All I see is you and two other posters marking out for this. Everybody else thinks this is trash move.

You are the minority here bud

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Don't know what's worse about this thread: The people upset that Orange Cassidy has fans & got signed leading to numerous hot takes, or the post-ironic self-aware marks who constantly call wrestling "fake fighting" to justify their interest in it. It's basically a meme battle to every last detail at this point.

Ok, they're both the worst. It is decided.

Orange Cassidy is wonderful though, so yay for this Freshly Squeezed life being confirmed.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
The independents have a big burn-out rate on gimmicks. If you aren't keeping your routine fresh & interesting, people just aren't going to pay to watch you after a while. So, how does Orange Cassidy exist in that?

It's rhetorical. His stock has risen when he's got into the ring, while keeping primarily to his routine. Look at Joey Ryan. When the money came in, he stagnated & we aren't seeing companies in a rush to work with him outside his base right now. But Cassidy has worked everywhere & people who've seen him have usually come back wanting more. If someone is managing that on the independents, he's earned the opportunity to showcase what's brought him that far, and an opportunity to expand himself. Stories can sell him slowly breaking away from his slothish personality.

Vince McMahon & Levesque don't own wrestling & what works for them isn't a mandatory requirement everywhere else. Give O.C the chance to tell a story completely and we'll see what the consensus is after that. If the actual lapsed/casual fans don't respond to him, then lower his placement or release him then. But no one in this thread with a pre-determined (good and bad) opinion on him actually count as lapsed/casual.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Anyone getting quote notifications from me right now please ignore this is merely to embarrass this single person @TheDraw.

AEWWE fans? Oh so is that what you guys are now resorting too? Calling people who disagree with you or AEW WWE fans? Thats pretty ridiculous

All I see is you and two other posters marking out for this. Everybody else thinks this is trash move.

You are the minority here bud

Bet you're so fun at parties.
Freshly fucking squeezed.
About time, Orange Cassidy has been making the towns for well over a decade and is long overdue for an opportunity like this.
FUCK YES! I like him and his gimmick. It's something that's hardly been done in wrestling before and it can lead to some entertaining shit. I'm excited.
I love Orange Cassidy. If you don't think he can go watch his match with David Starr. That was an all out war

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
What the fuck AEW? How could you hire someone so fucking lethal :jose?
Fucking HELL!!!!

They just went and signed a legit shooter! Now he is going to run through the roster and make them look like GEEKS!

Good going AEW, you just royally screwed everybody with the incoming injuries from this unsafe worker!
How can AEW not be an unsafe working environment with this SAVAGE BRUTE of a man on its roster? BLOOD AND GUTS GORY CRAP INCOMING :mark:
All I can say, bother, is don't yuck our yum then. It's fine if you don't like it, but some of us do. There is and always has been a place for comedic wrestling and he's over with his. IMMENSELY may I add, so if this doesn't interest you, there are others that will. I hope next signing is someone that appeals to you. :shrug
There's room for everyone.

That said...........

BEST SIGNING TO DATE!! YES!!!! FRESHLY SQUEEEEEEEEEEEZED! :lenny
I am happy to see him and his strong style get signed. :mark
Took long for the geeks that haven't watched any OC serious match to arrive.
People’s failure to see this is exactly why internet wrestling fans will probably never be satisfied. At its core wrestling is a campy, geeky, and mostly stupid fun fair with over the top gimmicks. Its not fucking game of thrones...
That’s how stoked I am. :lol

VVV
I was one of them, his 10 second slaughtering of Tommy Dreamer made me look up a bunch of his Indy work; I haven't done that for so-called future FOTC Adam Page.
He can be entertaining in small doses. Best case scenario he can be their Santino, which ain't a bad role to have.
FUCK THE HATERS

OC is the GOAT of GOATs
The King of Kings
The way.
The truth
The light.
So glad they got him, he's going to be gold in the lower card.
I knew the obvious contrarians who were more AEWWE fans than AEW fans were going to turn on the company eventually. It was inevitable.

At least I'm vindicated for calling it when the hating started. Orange Cassidy rules. I know if that was in the Attitude Era/Ruthless Aggression era, all of y'all would dickride him.

Fickle as fuck. :mj4
he is going to be over, it's your typical example of a lower carder who is super over.
good looking, decent physique, pretty good in the ring when he goes, and an interesting and atypical gimmick.
he will work around his gimmick to make it work.

as for people freaking out, here is the thing, you might not realize it yet, but aew is going to be actual very serious with a quite limited amount of comedy. ( that's why Tony khan keeps saying it won't be anything close to bte)
if you take some time and look at thing, their main event scene = ultra serious/gritty, the upper midcard/midcard ( with hangman/mjf and guys who haven't been revealed yet) is going to be gritty and serious, their tag team division is going to be very sport oriented, competitive with tournament. their women division is going to be exactly the same, sport oriented, hard hitting gritty division. ( and omega confirmed with haven't seen all the women). and then you have the lower card with the funny thing.
if you look at the grand scheme of thing and how structured things are, the comedy/non serious thing is minor and have been minor in all the shows.
and in their ideology, the card is structured in a way you won't see those lowercased comedy anywhere near the important shit because it goes crescendo.
:fuckthis

How dare they hire a highly entertaining character that can bring eyes to the company by doing stuff they've never seen before. Like, say doing half your offence smoother than most with your fucking hands in your pockets.

This is number one bullshit. They should have gone to the World Bodybuilding Federation and signed a REAL man.

AEW has a lost a viewer :bunk
WF: we want something else than the generic wrestler, who’s serious about his craft and just is happy to be there.

AEW signs guy that’s not serious and does not what to be there.

WF: WTF is wrong with you, signing somebody like this?!?!

Just take a chill pill, OC will not dominate Mox, Omega and Hangman (he could if he wanted to, but luckily he does not) but will at least at some flavor (and it’s fresh!) to a wrestling world that went too serious and bland.

I’m sure he’s meant as a special attraction with his current gimmick. If he ever drops it, look up some of his matches, he can go if he wants to. But why should he become another generic wrestler. Lighten up. You don’t like him, fine, the 5 mins of tv time he gets will let you check your phone or take a piss break, but don’t slag other people for liking something you don’t.
Don't know what's worse about this thread: The people upset that Orange Cassidy has fans & got signed leading to numerous hot takes, or the post-ironic self-aware marks who constantly call wrestling "fake fighting" to justify their interest in it. It's basically a meme battle to every last detail at this point.

Ok, they're both the worst. It is decided.

Orange Cassidy is wonderful though, so yay for this Freshly Squeezed life being confirmed.
The independents have a big burn-out rate on gimmicks. If you aren't keeping your routine fresh & interesting, people just aren't going to pay to watch you after a while. So, how does Orange Cassidy exist in that?

It's rhetorical. His stock has risen when he's got into the ring, while keeping primarily to his routine. Look at Joey Ryan. When the money came in, he stagnated & we aren't seeing companies in a rush to work with him outside his base right now. But Cassidy has worked everywhere & people who've seen him have usually come back wanting more. If someone is managing that on the independents, he's earned the opportunity to showcase what's brought him that far, and an opportunity to expand himself. Stories can sell him slowly breaking away from his slothish personality.

Vince McMahon & Levesque don't own wrestling & what works for them isn't a mandatory requirement everywhere else. Give O.C the chance to tell a story completely and we'll see what the consensus is after that. If the actual lapsed/casual fans don't respond to him, then lower his placement or release him then. But no one in this thread with a pre-determined (good and bad) opinion on him actually count as lapsed/casual.

You either can't count, can't read, don't understand sarcasm, delusional or are incredibly dense, judging by the posts I've seen you make I'm inclined to go with all of the above. When fucking @RapShepard (no offense) is in the majority you've lost. That's literally every pro Cassidy first response and it far outweighs the against, you are the minority take your L and move on.

101 - 120 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.