Wrestling Forum banner

They are going to put Cena over The Rock

9642 Views 102 Replies 58 Participants Last post by  exile123
Because Cena is the present and The Rock is the past, and The Rock is leaving while Cena will be staying. No way WWE will let The Rock come out ahead in this feud at the end.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

· Banned
2,231 Posts
The Rock > Cena

So if cena does somehow come on top over The Rock, expect cena to get more backlash from real fans

· Banned
7,850 Posts
This how I think it will go.

Cena and Rock will build up this massive feud.
Cena beats Miz at WM, and The Rock is the ref.
After the match, Miz will attack Rock.
Cena will help Rock, and Rock will hold up his hand.
Both look good.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
The fans wouldn't accept it in Atlanta.

At Mania 18 WWE was somewhat forgiven (if that's the appropriate word) when Rock went over Hogan. Rock got a huge pop at the end of the entance ramp when Hogan raised his hand at the end and all seemed forgiven.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Because Cena is the present and The Rock is the past, and The Rock is leaving while Cena will be staying. No way WWE will let The Rock come out ahead in this feud at the end.
The Rock is returning to Raw this year after all of this..likely before Summerslam and all of that. There's no way anything is happening to him without him getting a payback of some short and being able to do and say what he wants. This is some nobody talent that Vince can fuck around with or push out like he did with Mickie James and everyone else..the Rock is extremely influential man..especially since he's been used in all of their press conferences as the draw of the show. If Cena goes against the Rock for too long, he's gonna be a heel whether anyone like its or not.

There's not gonna be any handshakes..the Rock's character doesn't really do that except for the Hogan thing or when he and Austin would drink together. The Rock is a HEEL character, no matter what. Never forget that. He gets cheered but he never loses focus of what his presentation is like on television. Everyone else in this era may have that issue but not Rocky. A couple of Rock Bottoms and them both being laid out before the finish is more likely.

There's a couple of other things that MIGHT happen...a Rock heel turn which would be NO SOLD big time by the fans worldwide or Cena could win and get down on his knees and bow down to the Rock so he won't get as much heat at the end. Something like that is plausible.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
The Rock > Cena

So if cena does somehow come on top over The Rock, expect cena to get more backlash from real fans
I say they're going to change the main event to a triple threat and I think the Miz will end up winning so that they won't have face any backlash for putting Cena over the Rock or the Rock over Cena. The Miz already set it up perfectly when he said he will beat BOTH Cena and the Rock at WM.

Regardless of what happens, WWE won't be stupid enough to put Cena over Rock. The Rock is WAAAAAAAY more popular than Cena is even in this era.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
The Rock is returning to Raw this year after all of this..likely before Summerslam and all of that. There's no way anything is happening to him without him getting a payback of some short and being able to do and say what he wants. This is some nobody talent that Vince can fuck around with or push out like he did with Mickie James and everyone else..the Rock is extremely influential man..especially since he's been used in all of their press conferences as the draw of the show. If Cena goes against the Rock for too long, he's gonna be a heel whether anyone like its or not.

There's not gonna be any handshakes..the Rock's character doesn't really do that except for the Hogan thing or when he and Austin would drink together. The Rock is a HEEL character, no matter what. Never forget that. He gets cheered but he never loses focus of what his presentation is like on television. Everyone else in this era may have that issue but not Rocky. A couple of Rock Bottoms and them both being laid out before the finish is more likely.

There's a couple of other things that MIGHT happen...a Rock heel turn which would be NO SOLD big time by the fans worldwide or Cena could win and get down on his knees and bow down to the Rock so he won't get as much heat at the end. Something like that is plausible.
That will be the day.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
It's not unthinkable...Cripple H did it to Flair and Undertaker bowed to Flair too. The Rock has endless outlets to bury a guy...this guy just has twitter and the beginning of Raw. That's it. That's John Cena's life in a nutshell. The crowd is already gonna be angry at Cena being in another main event..they are already gonna be angry because he's been anti-Rock since he came back....they are probably already in the process of marking out for Miz as it was before any of this even happened...I expect Miz to get cheered over Cena. Rock COULD turn heel and help Miz out but it wouldn't make sense and would get one of the biggest pops of all time. Booking and McMahon can't be that insane but there's almost no scenario at all for Rock and Cena to end up on the same side unless Rock get jumped before Mania and he has to lay out Miz for the pure hell of it.

· Registered
57 Posts
If they put Cena over Rocky, fans will most likely band together and burn WWE headquarters to the ground.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
The problem is if that happens, Cena will automatically put into that heel role. it will be seemless. i think that's what WWE want to do though, especially with Miz losing Riley. I think this is one of those double turns where one turns heel and the other turns face, not that WWE planned it that way of course. That's just the impact The Rock has.

· Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
67,308 Posts
The Rock > Cena

Liking Rock more than Cena does not make you a "real" fan. That is honestly, by far, the dumbest thing I've seen in here for awhile.

Neither will go over, Rock wouldn't come back just to tap out to Cena and the Rock can't go over Cena because it wouldn't make any sense at all to have a wrestler from 7 years ago go over the face of the company.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Liking Rock more than Cena does not make you a "real" fan. That is honestly, by far, the dumbest thing I've seen in here for awhile.

Neither will go over, Rock wouldn't come back just to tap out to Cena and the Rock can't go over Cena because it wouldn't make any sense at all to have a wrestler from 7 years ago go over the face of the company.
Nothing has made sense in the WWE in years..they had Hornswoggle/Chavo takeover a portion of Raw for almost a year.

Umm yeah? How else do you expect it to happen? Of course Cena should go over the Rock. To think that there is even a sliver of a chance that he won't is idiotic at best.
Actually the only one that has power in this whole situation is the Rock..there is no going over him. He did those favors back in 2004. The Rock knows exactly why fans are paying for this and that ITSELF gives him more power than anyone in the WWE right now. Creative control if you will.

· Registered
5,732 Posts
What I fear is a repeat of a Hulk Hogan return where he's not scheduled to even compete for the WWF title, yet emerges as champion after beating Yokozuna.

I've never liked Cena and did like the Rock, but I hate what Rock's return has revealed about wrestling 'fans'. Now, fans that have cheered Cena like he was the 2nd coming have turned on him because the Rock mocked him. The Rock! A guy who's been Hollywoodstruck to the point he hasn't had shit to do with wrestling since. The Rock. A guy who has made some truly embarrassing movies and now is using wrestling to kickstart yet another string of crapola movies. Cena's fans have turned on him for the PROMISE of the Rock MAYBE wrestling. It's like stopping being a Red Sox fan because the Montreal Expos(a defunct baseball franchise that became the Washington Nationals) are coming back.

I know this doesn't speak for a lot of fans who haven't jumped on the bandwagon so don't preach to me that "I haven't jumped ship.". I'm referring only to those who worship whatever excites them at the moment.

Here are my predictions:

Rock will leave WWE like he'd never heard of it before if a movie offer comes his way.

The WWE and Cena will never mention the Rock again except in hints he might be coming back yet again.

The movie Rocky will leave the WWE for this time will suck.(this isn't just a dig at his career, all movies in the past 10 years have either sucked or blown)

The bandwagon fans will cheer Cena again like the Rock never happened.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Hollywood struck? No..he beat everyone that ever counted and was done in record time. He walked out with health and pride while Bret, HHH, Undertaker, and Austin are all broken in some form or another. That's genius. The Rock's return hasn't revealed anything..nobody really liked Cena to begin with. Fans that turned on the product are only TALKING ABOUT it right now because of the Rock. Everyone at this board has been spitting on new maineventers like the Miz every fucking day like he's the anti-Christ or some shit while praising nobodies like Drew Mac and John Morrison. But now that the Rock has come back to SAVE another WM from being a disaster, you got fans like you whining and crying like toddlers. It's hilarious.

The Rock will leave because this isn't he Mafia and he doesn't have to be there every fucking night like a Vince McMahon stooge with no options. He's a walking dollar sign. He'll do what he wants when he wants..just like Michael Jordan.

If the Rock says he's not leaving again, he's not leaving again. He'll be back to carry the show into Summerslam or something along those lines because we ALL KNOW John Cena can't do it.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.