Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Michael Cole!

I know I have in my signature as a hopeful winner at Wrestlemania (he won't win but I hope he does) but he's now starting to really piss me off on RAW. I know he's supposed to be the heel, and if I hate him he's doing his job properly, but god I just really want to punch him in the face. He was amusing at first in the way a child having a temper tantrum is funny for about 2 minutes before you start hating the thing.

I was fine with him just being arrogant and hating Lawler but now...it's gone too far, it really has. I know people here love him because he's essentially just a troll, but that's why I hate the dickhead. He goes on and on about "it's not about me" but then declares that his match is the main event of Wrestlemania and insists on parading himself around every week. He just sucks up all the spotlight, and frankly this close to Wrestlemania some jerkass commentator should not be taking up this much screen time just to act like the jerkass he obviously is.

Plus they've now pretty much relegated the RAW Divas to "things we trot out to get Cole attention", it just pisses me off. Yeah, I didn't like Diva's matches but it's still ridiculous.

This one is just going to be met with "problem?" pictures and people saying that's WHY he works, but fuck popular opinion, I'm sick of the guy on RAW.

2. Triple H!

This one is less opinion-based than my criticism of Cole the attention-whore. Ever since Triple H has come back, he's been doing what he does best. Burials. He might not be wrestling (thank god for that) but he STILL manages to do it. He declares that are no challenges for him left in the locker room, for one. Then he goes and bulldozes Sheamus and DiBiase. Honestly, I swear Triple H is booking this entire angle himself. I understand that they need to build him as a big, strong threat, but they can do a better job of it than making him come out and say "everyone else here sucks, I will win" then pedigreeing a miscellaneous superstar through the announce table. On that note, stop pedigreeing people through the announce table. I'm pretty much expecting him to do it again next week to some other young up-and-comer who gets fed to the all-consuming burial machine. It was cool when he did it to Sheamus...mostly because I hate Sheamus. But doing the exact same thing again...get some better ideas, seriously.

3. Wrestlemania Build

So for the past 4(?) weeks, we've had the Miz demolishing John Cena in a series of awesome ways, and actually doing SOMETHING to make the Miz vs Cena match have some weight behind it. Then what happens this past week? Cena comes on all serious...but talks mainly about the Rock. Way to ignore your actual opponent Cena! Seriously, the writing and whole creative thinking on this angle is just utterly horrible. And they're obviously going to devote next week (the LAST RAW BEFORE WRESTLEMANIA might I add) to Cena confronting the person he isn't even fighting!

Add to this the horribly small amount of time that's been spent on the other big-name feud from RAW: Orton vs CM Punk. Where's that time gone? To Cole being a jerkass and building the feud with Lawler. That's right folks, two commentators that can either NOT wrestle, or BARELY wrestle, are getting more build-up than Orton vs Punk...or even Cena vs Miz.

Seriously, RAW's feud booking sucks.

I was going to put a 4th one which was 'treatment of younger talent at the moment' but it seemed kind of redundant at this point. From recent memory, they've had Evan Bourne thoroughly jobbed out to King Ginger, and recently on Superstars they had Tyson Kidd (who actually is damn talented) jobbed out to slow, useless, lumbering wastes of space like Mark Henry and the Great Khali, then hit with their finishers, followed by Regal's, followed by the damn DIVA'S finishers! That's right, they had someone who if used right could be a prominent and skilled mid-carder jobbing out to Natalya! That's not even to MENTION DiBiase (who's already been mentioned here) and...oh yeah, Tyson Kidd again, this time at the Royal Rumble. AA'd by Hornswaggle? Seriously WWE? That's what you do with your young talent? Just...screw you.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Don't hate cole he's just doing his job (a great job at that), if you should hate anyone it's vince he's the guy behind the whole thing.

· Registered
106 Posts
With Michael Cole I don't hate him because he's heel he's just an irritant that I don't want to watch, and the cheep heat that he goes for (prob down to creative) when he brings Lawlers mother into it is pretty painful to watch as it is so low it's beyond being part of his character.

HHH just seems to be stale already, in fact I think even after almost a year off he came back stale and I'm not sure how thats even possible. I suppose it's because his character hasn't change and really doesn't have anywhere else to go development wise.

I am excited for mania though, think it may be interesting to watch with th Rock appearing, Cena and Miz might be decent too, Sheamus and Bryan looks good, th possibility of Christian getting into the WHC match interests me, the Corre against Show, Kane Koslov and Santino could be good aswell as some of the other matches even though the build up to most of them hasn't been of the highest standard I think it will only prove to make Mania even better if the matches go above and beyond the promo's. he only thing i'm hoping for is that Cole has extended time off after Mania as Lawler and Matthews are ok on commentary together and if JR gets to return for a while that would be a big bonus.

· Registered
144 Posts
1. Michael Cole!

I know I have in my signature as a hopeful winner at Wrestlemania (he won't win but I hope he does) but he's now starting to really piss me off on RAW. I know he's supposed to be the heel, and if I hate him he's doing his job properly, but god I just really want to punch him in the face. He was amusing at first in the way a child having a temper tantrum is funny for about 2 minutes before you start hating the thing.

I was fine with him just being arrogant and hating Lawler but now...it's gone too far, it really has. I know people here love him because he's essentially just a troll, but that's why I hate the dickhead. He goes on and on about "it's not about me" but then declares that his match is the main event of Wrestlemania and insists on parading himself around every week. He just sucks up all the spotlight, and frankly this close to Wrestlemania some jerkass commentator should not be taking up this much screen time just to act like the jerkass he obviously is.

Plus they've now pretty much relegated the RAW Divas to "things we trot out to get Cole attention", it just pisses me off. Yeah, I didn't like Diva's matches but it's still ridiculous.

This one is just going to be met with "problem?" pictures and people saying that's WHY he works, but fuck popular opinion, I'm sick of the guy on RAW.

2. Triple H!

This one is less opinion-based than my criticism of Cole the attention-whore. Ever since Triple H has come back, he's been doing what he does best. Burials. He might not be wrestling (thank god for that) but he STILL manages to do it. He declares that are no challenges for him left in the locker room, for one. Then he goes and bulldozes Sheamus and DiBiase. Honestly, I swear Triple H is booking this entire angle himself. I understand that they need to build him as a big, strong threat, but they can do a better job of it than making him come out and say "everyone else here sucks, I will win" then pedigreeing a miscellaneous superstar through the announce table. On that note, stop pedigreeing people through the announce table. I'm pretty much expecting him to do it again next week to some other young up-and-comer who gets fed to the all-consuming burial machine. It was cool when he did it to Sheamus...mostly because I hate Sheamus. But doing the exact same thing again...get some better ideas, seriously.

3. Wrestlemania Build

So for the past 4(?) weeks, we've had the Miz demolishing John Cena in a series of awesome ways, and actually doing SOMETHING to make the Miz vs Cena match have some weight behind it. Then what happens this past week? Cena comes on all serious...but talks mainly about the Rock. Way to ignore your actual opponent Cena! Seriously, the writing and whole creative thinking on this angle is just utterly horrible. And they're obviously going to devote next week (the LAST RAW BEFORE WRESTLEMANIA might I add) to Cena confronting the person he isn't even fighting!

Add to this the horribly small amount of time that's been spent on the other big-name feud from RAW: Orton vs CM Punk. Where's that time gone? To Cole being a jerkass and building the feud with Lawler. That's right folks, two commentators that can either NOT wrestle, or BARELY wrestle, are getting more build-up than Orton vs Punk...or even Cena vs Miz.

Seriously, RAW's feud booking sucks.

I was going to put a 4th one which was 'treatment of younger talent at the moment' but it seemed kind of redundant at this point. From recent memory, they've had Evan Bourne thoroughly jobbed out to King Ginger, and recently on Superstars they had Tyson Kidd (who actually is damn talented) jobbed out to slow, useless, lumbering wastes of space like Mark Henry and the Great Khali, then hit with their finishers, followed by Regal's, followed by the damn DIVA'S finishers! That's right, they had someone who if used right could be a prominent and skilled mid-carder jobbing out to Natalya! That's not even to MENTION DiBiase (who's already been mentioned here) and...oh yeah, Tyson Kidd again, this time at the Royal Rumble. AA'd by Hornswaggle? Seriously WWE? That's what you do with your young talent? Just...screw you.
That's the point with Cole. They want you to find him incredibly irritating and annoying so that you will cheer for Jerry and watch him tap out and beg for mercy. However, they've gone too far if Cole makes people want to turn the tv off! I'm enjoying the fued although having a hard time buying into the kayfabe. It all escalated too fast to feel realistic to me.

· Registered
106 Posts
That's the point with Cole. They want you to find him incredibly irritating and annoying so that you will cheer for Jerry and watch him tap out and beg for mercy. However, they've gone too far if Cole makes people want to turn the tv off! I'm enjoying the fued although having a hard time buying into the kayfabe. It all escalated too fast to feel realistic to me.
The thing I dont get is why this seems to be the only feud where someone doesn't rush out from the locker room to help Lawler or ever JR last week the end of the segments go on too long for it to be believable that no-one would come out to help.

· Registered
4,669 Posts
1. Michael Cole!

As for the rest of your post, I completely agree with HHH's promos. Basically implying that no one and nothing else matters in the WWE outside of HHH/Undertaker and the streak. Yes, that's a standard way of hyping up a match, but the wording is just bad. Not going to have another Wrestlemania build discussion here, but it's fine. Punk/Orton is definitely fine, it's had a consistent build and rising tension every week, don't see the problem.

· Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Michael Cole is a mixed bag of hilarious and "I wanna knock you the fuck out for the love of whatever you believe in please just SHUT THE HELL UP!".

· SAL
2,514 Posts
1. I agree that Cole's been given too much of a platform to get over. If he's going to be a full heel, he shouldn't be announcing during the main event and drawing attention to himself by saying heel-like things. He's done very little to help put over the rest of the card. If they want to put him in that (admittedly awesome) Cole Mine, that's fine, but he should leave the booth for the night after he attacks Lawler.

2. HHH: I hate the build for this match so much. Yes, they are really big names, I get it. They don't need to do things like interact, or give us an actual reason why Undertaker accepted the match. Sure. They don't need to. But they still should. The booking comes off as remarkably lazy. And I don't care if they get everyone on the roster in a video package to put the match over, HHH and Taker should be putting the match over themselves. On another note, why exactly has HHH felt the need to give Sheamus and Dibiase cheap shots to start those brawls? A real badass wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure he won't be interrupting Taker's entrance, you know? So the beatdowns don't even do anything to convince me he's a threat.

3. As for the WM build...Miz/Cena has been fine. I don't know what you're talking about with Cena, because he did focus on the Miz last night, in the last segment. He admitted that he'd been underestimating the Miz. And Punk/Orton has been fine too. They've been giving them a couple of segments per show, how much more build can they give an upper mid card match?

· Registered
815 Posts
I'm not sure there's much of a warrant for heel commentators, and his match will be cancer.

· Registered
244 Posts
Michael Cole is doing an incredible job right now. Sure he makes the divas look irrelevant, but you didn't even like the matches anyways OP, i don't think anyone did. He's not making anyone on the mania Card look irrelevant and that's what matters. For the first time in I don't know how long I actually felt angry towards a character, meaning my belief was suspended, and I was actually marking out a bit. That hasn't happened in wrestling since like, Taker/Shawn last year, and before that I honestly don't know.

as for the burials everyone is talking about, I believe for someone to get buried the definition should be that irreversible damage was done to their career from a feud/match and the fans no longer take them seriously or the wind is out of their sails or whatever. Both Sheamus and Ted had no wind in their sails when they came out to get the beat down treatment from HHH, and now a few weeks later Sheamus is the US champ. I bet he's not backstage complaining about HHH beating him up.

Miz/Cena/Rock has been sorta weak I agree. Not something I'd complain about though personally.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
IMO you just said a load of BS, but thats just me. and BTW Jerry Lawyer is way better wrestler then The MIz.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
During Triple H's 10 month absence I was curious as to why I didn't really miss him. If any other top guy in the company was missing for 10 months it would have driven me mad.

The last month has reminded me why I didn't care about Triple H being off the screen. The sooner he is bookerman the better. Triple H hasn't progressed as a character or a wrestler in about 10 years and I just find him to be tedious and overly political.

·      
4,088 Posts
Michael Cole is hot when he's on and freezing cold when he's off. It's not his fault, however. The so-called "voice of the WWE" shouldn't be (and can't be) a heel. It just doesn't work. Could you imagine J.R. turning?

As for Hunter; people usually don't know what they're talking about when they expostulate on HHH. You're no different. Hunter isn't burying anyone. Sheamus, a mere two weeks after his "burial", is now defending his championship at Wrestlemania. At this rate, DiBiase will be defending the Intercontinental title at Extreme Rules.

· Registered
91 Posts
Cole is doing his job and doing it well. He is no different then Jesse Ventura or Bobby Heenan or even dun-dun-dun Jerry Lawler were. All heel announcers all promoting the bad guy. In fact I would venture to guess that if Bobby had thought of putting himself in a plexiglass box he would have done it too and played the hell out of it, lol. IMO the reason Jerry doesn't get any run in help is because he is seen as tough enough to take care of the situtation himself where as Cole HAS to have Swagger do the dirty work for him before any real damage can happen.

HHH, I'm going to say something that going to shock myself. I will be glad for him to be gone. I have enjoyed him since his days in WCW and I don't have the same hate that a lot of people have for him but it's time. I don't think he's buring guys like Sheamus or Ted (in fact I thought it was pretty damn funny watching Ted LITERALLY crawl up on the table to be put through it) Sheamus is doing just fine and I'm sure Ted will get his reward for making HHH look good.

Cena/Miz? I don't see any problems here. It's worked out well. Lawler even made a point to ask cena last night "Do you think you've underestimated Miz?" We heard his answer and SAW his answer was YES. It's had a good build up and I would even go so far as to say I appreciate Rock's invlovement.

Orton/Punk? Slow, simmering, build up. Again good build up for them.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Triple H is stale, but practically everyone who has been in the brightest of lights there for as long as he and Taker have is stale to me. We've seen them do everything, so while we know they will be good... there isn't that "ooh, I've never seen this before" feeling anymore.

The Wrestlemania build has been rather spotty for the most part, but for the matches they want to make a big deal out of, they've really tried to build them up.

As for Cole... I've said it before, but it is sad that two non-wrestlers, Vickie and Cole, get the best heat in the company. And while the Divas match was nothing to write home about (granted I did like how Maryse took that arm wring and the fact she basically told Eve no one cares about her), it doesn't help the divas, the undercard, or the NXT rookies (or anyone else they let Cole shit on) get fans to care about them.

Cole is the PbP commentator... but he doesn't call anything. Either get him out of the booth ASAP or make him call the damn match.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Cole is just doing his job. And he's damn good at at it. You're right about Triple H and WM build.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Cole is just doing his job. And he's damn good at at it. You're right about Triple H and WM build.
But should Cole's job as a commentator be to only put over maybe 5% of the roster, heel or face? Cole's attention-getting and commentary failures have been going on for far too long to be helpful to anyone but himself. Imagine if they gave DiBiase or Ryder or Kidd (or any other heel superstar not named Punk or Miz) the amount of attention they've given to Cole.

· Kirk
2,885 Posts
But should Cole's job as a commentator be to only put over maybe 5% of the roster, heel or face? Cole's attention-getting and commentary failures have been going on for far too long to be helpful to anyone but himself. Imagine if they gave DiBiase or Ryder or Kidd (or any other heel superstar not named Punk or Miz) the amount of attention they've given to Cole.
Michael Cole has been failing at commentary since day one. The fact that he's getting so much time on Raw makes those segments unwatchable for me.

· Registered
713 Posts
I am dissapointed in the build to HHH vs Taker but how the hell did he bury Dibease? He has been jobbing out to everyone for months now. Can anyone remember the last time he has won on Raw or Superstars if you don't count mixed tag team matches?

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Triple H hasn't buried anyone that wasn't already buried before his return.

Teddy Jr was an absolute JOKE before HHH returned.

Sheamus clearly wasn't buried.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.