Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every single week we get 3 or 4 squash matches on both RAW and Smackdown and its just ridicolous.

At the moment we have;

Brodus Clay
Ryback
Damien Sandow
Antonio Cesara
Sin Cara

Each one of these guys get on tv every week and I can never remember seeing so many squash matches before, it bores the hell out of me knowing who is going to win. It also frustrates me when they squash good upcoming talent.

Has their ever been this many squash matches before?

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
i think sandow and ryback will make something of their careers but the other 3, (especially brodus clay) will be gone this time next year.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I like squash matches. It makes it so that you don't blow through all of your marquee matches on free TV. Pitting every match as Superstar Vs. Superstar is exactly why no match feels fresh nowadays.

And if you don't think it's working, tell me you weren't at least a little curious when Big Show announced his opponent would be Brodus Clay. It's adds intrigue because Clay is undefeated and Show is in the middle of a new heel monster push. So it led to TV that was worth watching to see what happens.

That's exactly what WWE needs. And the squash matches help them get there.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like squash matches. It makes it so that you don't blow through all of your marquee matches on free TV. Pitting every match as Superstar Vs. Superstar is exactly why no match feels fresh nowadays.

And if you don't think it's working, tell me you weren't at least a little curious when Big Show announced his opponent would be Brodus Clay. It's adds intrigue because Clay is undefeated and Show is in the middle of a new heel monster push. So it led to TV that was worth watching to see what happens.

That's exactly what WWE needs. And the squash matches help them get there.
Altough I can understand your point, Show v Clay really doesn't make me intrigued. And the fact that we are getting squash matches on PPV's is even worse.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah i skip all of them squash matches, boring as fuck and a waste of time.

Ryback and co can do one.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The difference with the old days is that all the mid/upper-mid card or main eventers that were beating jobbers actually had a direction and active feuds all the time . Nowadays we see ONLY squash matches from the new guys like ryback .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.