Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe there's too many championships from NXT TO WWE main roster. You have three sets of tag champions,two main event champions,two women's championships,then you couple in the 24-7 title,IC title,united states title.
And what's even more wasteful is the loads of wrestlers who never get to sniff one of these titles.

The brand split is completely detrimental to everyone on the roster. You get the same people jobbing until they're sent over to the other side to receive the same treatment.

The brand split doesn't make opportunities,the same over pushed talent gets the biggest piece of pie.

And we have so many titles,they seem like participation awards,cause they don't make storylines for anyone outside of Roman,Big,E, Charlotte, Becky only if you're a chosen one. The IC title, United States title, women's tag titles,and to an extent the 24-7 title doesn't get proper booking.

Hect I didn't even know the Usos we're tag champions until survivor series.

They need to make less belts,and actually rotate the talent.

NXT should be the first place where less championships rule takes place. The problem with championships in training territory is the talent gets complacent,getting used to mediocrity.

Brand split should end and never return,the same matches, people jobbing-getting pushed is abysmal to my entertainment.

·
Registered
14,864 Posts
I believe there's too many championships from NXT TO WWE main roster.
Yaaayy This thread.. again.. It's been a few weeks so I guess it was due.

As has been said already. You don't like it call Fox, and call USA and complain. They wanted their own champions.
The 10,000 threads on this forum crying about it isn't going to change any of that.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
I understand the reason for the brand split to give more people air time, they could just end the split and have a rule that someone can only appear on one of the shows once a week, either RAW or SD, maybe open the door for fresher match ups without the same people on tv every show.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Lets not talk about too many titles when were on the verge of AEW introducing a second women's title when they can't even properly book the first one right. Couple that with FTR holding the AAA tag titles for no good reason. Im sure someone e will say they should introduce an Elevation or Dark title so the jobbers have something to fight for

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Not that I disagree with you overall but I wouldn't say the same people get pushed over and over again. Lashley, Strowman, McIntyre, Kofi and Big E have all been made newly crowned champ in the past 3 years. I think what you're referring to is guys like Owens, Balor and Rollins who have been reduced to just putting people over but someone has to job.

·
Southern Pride
Bless Your Heart
6,002 Posts
Ending the brand split wont change anything other than allowing Roman, Charlotte, Becky and others to be on TWO shows each week instead of just one, which would result in others like Cesaro, Shayna, Rhea Ripley or whoever being left off of TV. People on here like Liv Morgan. Ending the brand split would keep her off TV altogether and then eventually released. Toni Storm hasn't had much TV time now as it is.

The same people will be "jobbing" regardless. WWE is high on Sami Zayn clearly because he appears on RAW every time Smackdown wrestlers appear on Monday Nights. Dolph Ziggler has been used a lot to put others over. Ending the brand split wont change that.

Lastly, they don't have to end the brand split in order to scale back on the amount of Championships. They could always have RAW and Smackdown take turns having a Champion on their shows. The Champ from one brand would have access to be on the other brand while they are champ to defend the title. The only people stopping an idea like that is FOX and USA because they do indeed want their own set of Champions.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I actually like the brand split. It allows more people to spend time at the top, not less. If there just one world title, Big E would have never had it for example, Everyone would just be bowing to Roman. Similar thing going on when Cena was dominating. The "lesser of the two championships" was usually the more interesting one to me, because I have no interest in seeing the same guy at the top all the time.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Should be

• Universal Championship (defended on any show, intermittently)
  • Universal Women's Championship (defended on any show, intermittently)
  • Universal Tag Team Championship (defended on any show)
  • Universal Women's Tag Team Championship (defended on any show)
  • Raw Championship
  • SmackDown Championship
  • Raw Women's Championship
  • SmackDown Women's Championship

Retire the WWE Title, IC Title, US Title, 24/7 Title, NXT Cruiserweight Title, WWE Womens Tag. Hell, retire the NXT brand, all its titles and do a mass call up. If not ready send them back to PC and dark matches.

Exclusive to Raw: Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, Big E, Finn Balor, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Alexa Bliss, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley, Edge.

Exclusive to SmackDown: Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Drew McIntyre, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, New Day, Jeff Hardy, Sheamus, Goldberg.

Everybody else works both shows.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Lets not talk about too many titles when were on the verge of AEW introducing a second women's title when they can't even properly book the first one right. Couple that with FTR holding the AAA tag titles for no good reason. Im sure someone e will say they should introduce an Elevation or Dark title so the jobbers have something to fight for
using one company's stupidity to justify another company's stupidity is utter stupidity

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Unify tag belts and make them exclusive to Smackdown. Personally I’d get Teddy Long back to troll

Scrap the Smackdown belt and keep the more prestigious Raw belt champion Reigns appears on both shows so he can bury both Rosters

Keep a mid card belt for each show

Scrap 205 live belt
Scrap Nxt tag team belts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts