Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Before anybody gets their panties in a twist, understand that this thread isn't an anti-PG thread, it's a thread about what would happen if/when we go through another era of wrestling.

Anyway, I honestly believe that when the time comes for the WWE to go through another era - a more mature era - Brock Lesner should be the one to carry us through it. I know a lot of people think that heel-Cena will, but I honestly don't think a heel Cena would bring in adult male viewers as much as Brock would. To be honest, I think the only people that would be happy with a heel-Cena are smarks.

But Brock, I think anyway, has the ability to draw bigger than Stone Cold. I know I'm going to get flamed for that, but I truly believe he could. A lot of my friends, who are all over the age of 20, absolutely love Brock. He could easily be the Stone Cold/Hogan/Rock/Cena for the next era of the WWE. "Baddest Man on the Planet" FTW!

What do you guys think though? Do you think Brock has the drawing power of guys like Cena/Hogan/Austin?

EDIT: Assuming of course he'd ever want to come back.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
No, most MMA fans hate wrestling and would probably think less of Brock if he made a return to pro wrestling, also, no way the kids nowadays who watch WWE remember who Lesnar was.

And didn't Lesnar have something that said he couldn't wrestle for another wrestling company for about 10 years or something? Anyway, he would never return to the WWE so that means TNA and I doubt that would be a good career move but he's not very intelligent so...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, most MMA fans hate wrestling and would probably think less of Brock if he made a return to pro wrestling, also, no way the kids nowadays who watch WWE remember who Lesnar was.

And didn't Lesnar have something that said he couldn't wrestle for another wrestling company for about 10 years or something? Anyway, he would never return to the WWE so that means TNA and I doubt that would be a good career move but he's not very intelligent so...
I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, you do get those fuckwits with their tiny balls planted on their forehead who think they're somehow cooler for liking MMA than us wrasslin' fans, but there are also a large majority of dudes out there who like badasses - no matter what sport they're apart of.

If the WWE decides they want to cater towards adult males, I'm sure they can do it just fine. It's just that right now, with the PG era, most dudes just don't find the product interesting. A guy like Brock Lesner would change that. Of course it would only work with a mature rating, which is the point of this thread.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, you do get those fuckwits with their tiny balls planted on their forehead who think they're somehow cooler for liking MMA than us wrasslin' fans, but there are also a large majority of dudes out there who like badasses - no matter what sport they're apart of.

If the WWE decides they want to cater towards adult males, I'm sure they can do it just fine. It's just that right now, with the PG era, most dudes just don't find the product interesting. A guy like Brock Lesner would change that. Of course it would only work with a mature rating, which is the point of this thread.
There currently are way more MMA fans around the globe than Professional Wrestling ones. And WWE only went PG again in 2008, I assure you that before that the same people who think that Wrestling is a joke now thought that way too, unless they were teenagers by then and were actually Wrestling fans, many MMA fans were once Wrestling ones and eventually outgrew it.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Am I wrong or something?

Oh that's right, I remember now... Nobody will ever draw like Austin again, it's [email protected][email protected]!34234
You damn sure are wrong lol....

Lesnar NEVER drew BIG merchandise sales like a Hogan, Rock, DX, Austin or even Cena(uggh).

Lesnar is good and I would love for him to come back for one more match or even a small return.

Austin is the biggest draw in this business period. It was Hogan. Then Austin took over. Austin to me will be the greatest and biggest star of all time. But in the future, someone could do better than him.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lesnar NEVER drew BIG merchandise sales like a Hogan, Rock, DX, Austin or even Cena(uggh).
It's a new time though. Brock is a helluva lot bigger now than he was in his WWE days. I think it's more than reasonable to think that with WWE's full support Brock can be a huge draw for the WWE, and potentially the biggest so far.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
It's a new time though. Brock is a helluva lot bigger now than he was in his WWE days. I think it's more than reasonable to think that with WWE's full support Brock can be a huge draw for the WWE, and potentially the biggest so far.
It is a new time. And WWE will never see the level of success it did when Austin was there and Rock was big. That's just facts.

Lesnar is a lot bigger, but for a lot of grown men who watch MMA, a lot of them are going to think: I can watch Brock in UFC, why turn to WWE to see him do "fake" fighting.

I think Brock can be a good cross for WWE and UFC however IF he ever came back. Cross-promotion and name value doesnt equal revenue and continued interest right off the bat.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I bet that when the WWE changes direction again it will somehow involve inspiration from UFC.Just like how the 1980's boom was influence by clean cut "Americana",juiced up bodies and MTV; just like how the 1990's boom was inspired by Jerry Springer,gangs and rock/rap.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
For starters Brock Lesnar's never coming back to pro wrestling and why should he? The man's making like $5-10 million a year for only fighting 3 to 4 times a year. He's be absolute fool to turn that down just so he could go back on the road and work for 300 days a year.

No there is only one man who can really kill the PG era and that's Vince McMahon himself and no one else.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I recall people hating on Lesnar when he left. Oh how the tides turn.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Lesnar draw more than Austin? Don't make me laugh. Lesnar was very entertaining but was never really that good on the mic, and he would've never got over if not for Heyman as his mouthpiece. He's got a long MMA career ahead of him, even if he was to lose his title this weekend he won't just go away, he'll stick around with more fights and challenge again later. Lesnar PPV's have broken records and he's not about to walk away from MMA for a long time.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Before anybody gets their panties in a twist, understand that this thread isn't an anti-PG thread, it's a thread about what would happen if/when we go through another era of wrestling.

Anyway, I honestly believe that when the time comes for the WWE to go through another era - a more mature era - Brock Lesner should be the one to carry us through it. I know a lot of people think that heel-Cena will, but I honestly don't think a heel Cena would bring in adult male viewers as much as Brock would. To be honest, I think the only people that would be happy with a heel-Cena are smarks.

But Brock, I think anyway, has the ability to draw bigger than Stone Cold. I know I'm going to get flamed for that, but I truly believe he could. A lot of my friends, who are all over the age of 20, absolutely love Brock. He could easily be the Stone Cold/Hogan/Rock/Cena for the next era of the WWE. "Baddest Man on the Planet" FTW!

What do you guys think though? Do you think Brock has the drawing power of guys like Cena/Hogan/Austin?

EDIT: Assuming of course he'd ever want to come back.
I think Brock is done with pro wrestling. He loves MMA and is making enough money in the UFC to sustain him for a long time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hope that piece of shit never returns for two reasons.
- like mentioned before, mma fans dislike wrestling and would think less about the piece of shit, so thats why im doing the opposite and hates him for leaving wrestling
- he was never good at wrestling -_-* that piece of shit can die, i wouldn`t care less.
I do agree that they need someone else too take the lead to a new era instead of cena

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Hope that piece of shit never returns for two reasons.
- like mentioned before, mma fans dislike wrestling and would think less about the piece of shit, so thats why im doing the opposite and hates him for leaving wrestling
- he was never good at wrestling -_-* that piece of shit can die, i wouldn`t care less.
I do agree that they need someone else too take the lead to a new era instead of cena
fpalm

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Lesnar was pretty impressive in the ring for a man of his size but if something wrong happened his brain would freeze and he would look around not knowing what to do, he's not very intelligent.

He also wasn't good in the mic but neither was Goldberg and he was bigger than Lesnar.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't know - it'd be pretty hard to suspend disbelief at this point. Like when we see someone like Rey Mysterio last in the ring with Big Show, it's alright because we've seen him take on Big Show and Undertaker and other giants.

Now that we've seen Brock tour the world in MMA and kill pretty much everyone in his path, rising to the top of a real sport, it would require an enormous leap of faith to see him lose to pretty much anyone in the WWE, especially smaller guys. I just don't know how he could have a successful angle with more than 3/4 of the roster. There's a select few gigantic / roided out monsters that might be able to put on a decent match with him, but it'd get boring fast. Because of what we've seen in MMA, we know that he would tear Cena and Orton apart, and those are the WWE's two most unstoppable forces, typically.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts