Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a long time now WWE has had WrestleMania at the beginning of April. There should never be a ppv in March so after the February ppv, everything on Raw and Smackdown can be focused on building to the WrestleMania matches.

Also, it should be like how there's always two weeks in between the NFL's conference championship games and the Super Bowl. The time with no games allows the media to build more hype.

·
Registered
401 Posts
There shouldn't be monthly PPVs in general. It should just be the big 4 and that's it. You can just have MITB at WrestleMania. That way, you can actually make Raw and SmackDown seem important by having special episodes with what would be the B-level PPV cards.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,289 Posts
They should go back to having WM in late March and Backlash in late April.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
I agree. I mean you don't even need a PPV in between the Rumble and Mania honestly but you sure as hell don't need 2. Fastlane this year is 3 weeks before Mania. It's just another show you have to book for before your real big show. Just do the Chamber later in February or early March and then have Mania in early April.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Edge challenges Roman but who is to say Roman doesn't defend at fast lane. If so then you know it's a guarantee win for him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Does seem bizarre doing a B PPV in March. Think they'll cut back on the number of network special events now that Peacock owns and has paid for the thing. Unless they signed up to supply two dozen of them.

·
Southern Pride
4,533 Posts
From my point of view as a fan, I don't mind Fast Lane being between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. A c level PPV that can be used to build for WM. Elimination Chamber is giving a group of wrestlers an opportunity to win the title after they failed to get the opportunity in the Royal Rumble match. To me that doesn't make sense.

Ever since someone suggested that they move the EC matches to Survivor Series as a way to refresh Survivor Series, I have been all for that idea. They would have to shift PPVs around late in the year because of TLC and HIAC, but still. HIAC doesn't even need to be a PPV, but that's a different topic.

For me:

Royal Rumble - Late January
Fast Lane - Late February/Early March
WrestleMania - Early April

As long as there is only one PPV between the RR and WM, I don't mind a PPV in March if it's a month apart from WM.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Fastlane wasn't meant to happen this year, they only added it last month to the PPV calender after Wrestlemania was delayed by two or three weeks.

They should go back to having WM in late March and Backlash in late April.
Yeah I would like to see a return to the PPV format/schedule of the 2000s:
Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
Mar - Wrestlemania
Apr - Backlash
May - Judgement Day
Jun - Bad Blood
Jul - Vengeance
Aug - Summerslam
Sep - Unforgiven
Oct - No Mercy
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Armageddon

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,099 Posts
I agree, because the storytelling shouldn't revolve around selling yet another show. All the creative energy should be directed toward WrestleMania and WrestleMania alone.

I've long advocated that there shouldn't be ANY PPVs between the Rumble and Mania, but if Elimination Chamber serves the purpose of finding a #1 contender for the title the Rumble winner doesn't challenge for, that's fine. It accomplishes a purpose. Having ANOTHER show wedged in there is beyond stupid.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree. Rumble and EC have championship implications on the road to Mania. Fastlane always feels like a fudge and takes the focus off what is supposed to be the original and best PPV.

I think we have too many PPVs, which in turn dilutes the bigger events and makes it difficult for proper feuds to develop. I’d prefer;
Jan - Rumble
Feb - EC
Mar/Apr - Mania
June - Extreme Rules, TLC or MITB (I’d merge them all into one as the theme is pretty similar)
Aug - Summerslam
Sep - HIAC
Nov - Survivor Series (I would merge War Games into this as well)

So you therefore have a 2 month build up to the main 4 events, focusing more on the quality of the card. Hand the other PPVs and dates over to NXT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts