Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
PUSH BIG E
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emma is up. Summer is up. One more needs to head up. That's Paige. I thought of it as soon as they announced it.

Let's say AJ makes it through all her opponents at her WM match. Because they'd truly still be stupid to drop the title to any of the divas in the match. I'm not a huge AJ mark, not a hater by any means, but she's still the most over diva.

But let's say she goes through them all. She pins Nat, or Tamina. Whoever comes out "last". She looks up, but the bell hasn't rung.

The theme hits.

Let her take the win. Why is this a crazy idea? Because it's their wild card. Paige would be the ideal wild card. She's holding the NXT Diva's title. She'd then be holding the WWE Diva's title. It might incline more people to check out NXT. Might get her instantly over in the main roster.

It's the shot that I feel they need to take. Bellas work within Total Divas. Main crowds still seem to give no shits. The rest? Lol, no. They need that wild card. They need that "oh shit" moment.

I don't know how "ready" Paige is. Her matches are solid. Nothing amazing as some people hype them up to be, but let's be fair. If Eva Marie, Emma, Summer Rae, all make it to the main roster? Paige can make it.

This is just taking my shot at the park here. I don't know if AJ needs to walk out champion, I feel something different needs to happen for the diva's division. This would be different, like the idea or not.

·
PUSH BIG E
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She'd get crickets. Paige should come in with hype and vignettes.
I don't know. I think more people are learning about the NXT divas. Paige isn't TOO unknown.

I think it'd go decent. Like the Gail Kim debut.

Do agree there needs to be some hype. I don't know. I feel like just announcing people are coming isn't doing shit anymore.

"TENSAI IS COMING" -Faces Cena- -Still gets crickets- "FANDANGO" Well, we know how far that went. Los Matawho? Brodus is actually the only one I remember with vignettes gaining hype from them, I think.

I also think they'd have enough to work with when she'd already come out with one title on her.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I don't know. I think more people are learning about the NXT divas. Paige isn't TOO unknown.

I think it'd go decent. Like the Gail Kim debut.

Do agree there needs to be some hype. I don't know. I feel like just announcing people are coming isn't doing shit anymore.

"TENSAI IS COMING" -Faces Cena- -Still gets crickets- "FANDANGO" Well, we know how far that went. Los Matawho? Brodus is actually the only one I remember with vignettes gaining hype from them, I think.

I also think they'd have enough to work with when she'd already come out with one title on her.
Wyatt Family? Those other characters and their vignettes sucked which is probably why they didn't get a reaction.

The idea in the OP could have worked if they'd built up some anticipation for Paige beforehand, it's probably too late though for it to be done properly and I'm not really a fan of hotshotting titles onto people, although it would have been cool to see Paige come out as a surprise challenger.

I disagree though about the vignettes not being effective, AFAIK it hasn't ever been done before for a Diva and a couple of clips like this would get her over huge:

·
PUSH BIG E
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wyatt Family? Those other characters and their vignettes sucked which is probably why they didn't get a reaction.

The idea in the OP could have worked if they'd built up some anticipation for Paige beforehand, it's probably too late though for it to be done properly and I'm not really a fan of hotshotting titles onto people, although it would have been cool to see Paige come out as a surprise challenger.

I disagree though about the vignettes not being effective, AFAIK it hasn't ever been done before for a Diva and a couple of clips like this would get her over huge:

Didn't she say that "think again" thing in a promo directed to AJ on NXT?

·
TEAM DEPPIE
7,950 Posts
Has she gotten better on the mic? From what I've read, it ranges from bad to average.

And I'm in the minority when I say Paige is a little overrated. She's competent and decent in the ring, but nothing to write home about. There are way more talented women wrestlers out there than Paige. She's just ok.

A lot of people raved about her match with Emma on NXT ArRival and I just thought it was average.

And that gimmick needs to be changed or tweaked. What's she going to be, AJ 2.0? The anti-Diva/Total Diva gimmick is/was essentially AJ. Not that Paige is all that Anti-Diva looking in my opinion.

So she wears black all the time and dark makeup...yeah, so? lol

I feel they need to find a way to spice up her character and if she really is only ok on the mic, figure out how to make the feud with her and AJ exciting with minimum promos.

Just my two cents :) I can be wrong

·
Is a Snit Head
22,154 Posts
I think the match is first pinfall wins so the idea really wouldn't work.

Also if it's not first fall and the match is a 14 Diva gauntlet match what the shit are they doing?

·
Crowley's Minion
1,117 Posts
Has she gotten better on the mic? From what I've read, it ranges from bad to average.

And I'm in the minority when I say Paige is a little overrated. She's competent and decent in the ring, but nothing to write home about. There are way more talented women wrestlers out there than Paige. She's just ok.

A lot of people raved about her match with Emma on NXT ArRival and I just thought it was average.

And that gimmick needs to be changed or tweaked. What's she going to be, AJ 2.0? The anti-Diva/Total Diva gimmick is/was essentially AJ. Not that Paige is all that Anti-Diva looking in my opinion.

So she wears black all the time and dark makeup...yeah, so? lol

I feel they need to find a way to spice up her character and if she really is only ok on the mic, figure out how to make the feud with her and AJ exciting with minimum promos.

Just my two cents :) I can be wrong

This ^ Paige is overrated tbh, everyone rates her so highly because she had one standout match against Emma at ArRival and she has a unique submission hold. I've been watching NXT over the past few months and she doesn't overly impress me. There's no doubt she's got potential and she can go somewhere, but to the point where WWE should push her by debuting her at WM and giving her the title? That's fucking ridiculous.

Natalya should be a divas champion again before Paige debuts.

·
PUSH BIG E
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't ask for your feelings on Paige. I don't really care either way about her. I like her, but if she was gone tomorrow, I'd say that sucks and moves on. I'm more so looking at what could bring something interesting to the diva's division, and a surprise at WM.
They need both of those things. And, as said, it could also help NXT get more views.

·
Registered
886 Posts
She doesn't need hype to debut. Someone used the Wyatts as an example. I counter with The Shield. No one saw them coming. People wanted Ambrose. They got him and so much more.

As long as she's booked correctly like The Shield were, she should do fine. It all has to do with how they're presented during/after their debut, not how much they were built up prior to their debut.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
This ^ Paige is overrated tbh, everyone rates her so highly because she had one standout match against Emma at ArRival and she has a unique submission hold. I've been watching NXT over the past few months and she doesn't overly impress me. There's no doubt she's got potential and she can go somewhere, but to the point where WWE should push her by debuting her at WM and giving her the title? That's fucking ridiculous.
She hasn't even debuted on the main roster yet and she's already gotten haters. Hilarious!

- Vic

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
A lot of the casuals do not watch NXT and would not give a damn about Paige debuting at this point. NO one from NXT, diva or not, should be coming to the main roster getting a title shot and the winning. That is crap booking and a good way for people to easily lose interest in someone.

The crowd would not mind one bit if Naomi, one of the Bellas, or Emma won the title, so stop pretending that the only divas that people watch for are Aj Lee and Paige. Aj comes out to crickets now, partially the WWE's fault of having her support that same crap over and over again, but regardless, someone else can succeed her in being Diva's champion without it being a 21 year old kid. No offense to Paige, but she's got plenty of time left in her career, give someone else the spotlight besides an "anti" or "unique" diva.

·
Crowley's Minion
1,117 Posts
She hasn't even debuted on the main roster yet and she's already gotten haters. Hilarious!

- Vic

Not even a hater you flog. I just don't rate her and I'm telling the truth. She's nothing special and she definitely shouldn't be going over AJ at WM.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
What will Paige add to the divas division? If the creative team is not invested in the divas, then Paige will be just as irrelevant as the other divas.

Not even a hater you flog. I just don't rate her and I'm telling the truth. She's nothing special and she definitely shouldn't be going over AJ at WM.
AJ is a joke though. Any of the divas can go over AJ and be completely believable.. One of the reason the divas division is such a joke right now is because they have a joke of a champion... You have the nerve to call Paige overrated when you're a fan of the most overrated diva of all time fpalm

1 - 20 of 53 Posts