Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
13,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in months, there is a small update on Randy Orton’s WWE status following the former WWE Champion being away from the company for nearly a year.

Orton last worked a match when he and Matt Riddle dropped the Raw Tag Team Titles to The Usos in a Winner Take All match on SmackDown in May 2022. The initial belief was Orton would take time off due to a back injury before returning to turn on Riddle, leading to a feud between them.

Obviously, that didn’t happen, as the injury was worse than expected, and Orton had lower back fusion surgery last November. There has been a lot of concern regarding his WWE career among those in the company.

There had been a recent photo going around online of Orton looking jacked. At the time, some fans were speculating that he could be closing in on a return.

Mike Johnson of PWinsider Elite reported, “There's been some rumblings about Randy Orton internally within the last week or so, where there hadn't been any discussion about him internally in some time.”

It was also noted that nothing new was said about Riddle’s WWE status after going on hiatus when he was suspended due to a failed drug test for the second time in 2022 and sent to rehab in December.
Source: https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/t...ernal-rumblings-about-randy-ortons-wwe-status

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I tell you, if he and Riddle are returning I hope they don't immediately just turn them on each other. That act was so fucking hot, they would be so dumb to just rush right out of it.
I disagree, it’s time for orton to do his own thing. The legend killer needs to go on his own singles run, with some compelling storylines working with Cody etc. I don’t want to see orton making a joke of everything, and seeing riddle always around. It’s time for orton to do what he does best, and I hope if he does come back he goes solo.

· Waiting for Kawato
6,191 Posts
I disagree, it’s time for orton to do his own thing. The legend killer needs to go on his own singles run, with some compelling storylines working with Cody etc. I don’t want to see orton making a joke of everything, and seeing riddle always around. It’s time for orton to do what he does best, and I hope if he does come back he goes solo.
Given he might be on borrowed time anyway it does make sense to get on with it, true. I'm not saying you need to get them back together long-term, but a mini-run where they maybe get a tag title shot and lose would make sense to set him up to do a turn.

The Cody thing writes itself, and is about as big a feud they can do with the current roster, but he will need some time to get him over as a heel after so long off, unless they want to run it as babyface against babyface.

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
9,155 Posts
If Orton returns any time soon they can still do the RK Bro thing for awhile. That was very popular before Orton had to take time off. Id like to see Orton vs. Rhodes as much as anyone else but I still think that Cody vs. Roman is going to be a thing for most of the rest of the year between the rematches at Saudi and Summer Slam. So Orton and Riddle can stay together for awhile and then Orton turns on Riddle later in the year as he transitions to start a feud with Cody.

Hopefully Orton is doing better by now though, health wise.

· Registered
2,092 Posts
I tell you, if he and Riddle are returning I hope they don't immediately just turn them on each other. That act was so fucking hot, they would be so dumb to just rush right out of it.
Not to mention the "returning tag team turns on each other" shortly after returning, is an old worn-out gimmick that has been done to death over the years.

· יהוה
4,005 Posts

:unsure:
Nothings happened yet and already you’re bragging. Good going mate.

· Registered
613 Posts
There is no point of Orton returning at this point unless he is on Brock lesnars status and only fights relevant feuds for the world title or feuds with too guys only.

Would love to see him vs Cody, too bad they never got him into a real singles feud with Roman, the way they had him feud with Drew a year earlier.

Also a real feud with Austin Theory where the legend killer is now a legend and is being targeted by a new legend killer. That feud would be a bomb if done right .

Outside of these I don’t see a need for him to return. A feud with riddle would be fine but we dont know riddles status and I def dont want to see Orton in another tag team fighting career midcarders

1 - 20 of 30 Posts