Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has had Canadians, a Pureto Rican, an Iranian, an Italian and an Irishman hold the big one but never anyone from the UK mainland

Davey Boy Smith was closest we ever got, with Regal and Finlay a ways behind

I can't be the only person to have thought about this

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Regal in his prime could of done it. Hell, Regal is still one of the most interesting wrestlers in the business. He has since aged though. He's not in the best shape anymore either. If he was given time in the ring and mic, he could still be a tremendous heel. Any time he gets now, he uses it to it's fullest extent.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Wade Barrett will change that for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Regal was on the track to becoming the WWE champion back in 2008 and was receiving a mega push, but he fucked it up by getting himself suspended. It's a shame, the man is so talented, in the ring and on the mic, and is still better in both components than the majority of the roster. He could still become champion, because as I've said, he's still better than the majority of the roster, but its whether creative decide to push him. And this is going by other threads, but I fail to see how ''sucks'' when he's still one of the best talents in the company.

Barrett will be the first British world champion though, much sooner than later. And I for one will embrace it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Such a shame that Regal never won a world title. The best in the ring and on the mic today. Amazing charisma and acting ability. Should have won it at least once.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Yeah it sucks that we've never had a world champion but with Barrett and Mason Ryan, we've got 2 guys who'll most likely get world title runs within the next 5 years.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah it sucks that we've never had a world champion but with Barrett and Mason Ryan, we've got 2 guys who'll most likely get world title runs within the next 5 years.
No, just no.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
I don't think with Barrett, you really need the "within the next 5 years" part, it's more like within the next 5 months the way he's going, if it's even that long. He's probably taking the belt at NOC.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Barrett will be wwe champion by the end of the year, and despite being depushed slightly Drew Mcintyre will eventually win a world title too.(p.s who the fuck is Mason Ryan)

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
It is a hell of a lot easier in this era to win the world heavyweight championship.As long as you are over and Vince doesn't have a vendetta against you it seems likely that you'll win the big one at some point. Kind of a shame when you think how meaningful the titles used to be. Today the top titles mean less than what the IC Title used to mean. This is why the brand split sucks - having two world champions is a joke - whenever I explain this to somebody who doesn't watch wrestling they think it's pathetic which it is.

If they don't want to fire people then have a show for all the jobbers and lower mid carders and have a system where they try and prove their worth to get onto the main show.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
Barrett will be wwe champion by the end of the year, and despite being depushed slightly Drew Mcintyre will eventually win a world title too.(p.s who the fuck is Mason Ryan)
He's some big guy from Wales who took the FCW title off of Alex Riley, obviously since he's getting called up (and hopefully winning NXT) to the main roster. He looks like Batista a little, so I don't expect much from him. He used to be on your version of American Gladiators.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
I still stick by my prediction of Drew McIntyre winning it before Barrett. It's unlikely, but I just don't think they'll give Barrett the title. Nexus has 5 members and their momentum is seriously slowing. Plus I think Barrett would be the fastest World Champion in WWE history since his debut (not certain on that), which I can't see happening.

I'm certain he'll win it at some point though.

·
Asuka
96,466 Posts
It depends what you consider Barrett's debut. Technically, he debuted in WWE in February on NXT, so Lesnar and Sheamus won the belt before he can in terms of a roster call up, but if you're only considering his call up to Raw, then it would be the quickest, but it doesn't really matter because he's more over and has more momentum than Sheamus did before he won the belt.

I don't know why anyone would think Mcintyre would win it before Barrett, though. The only way a guy like Mcintyre would win the title is through MITB and he's lost both those opportunities. He's too weak to get it any other way, he can barely even beat Matt Hardy. I know it's fake, but that's how they give the title now with few exceptions. Not to mention, Barrett's push is 50x bigger than him, and Mcintyre is getting completely overshadowed by Alberto Del Rio. If anybody on SmackDown! who's a new star wins the belt, it's him.

Drew getting a world title may depress me a little. It couldn't happen to a more undeserving guy.
That's not true, it could happen to Morrison...

Well, actually, it couldn't happen, because they won't ever do it, but...you know what I mean. ~_~

·
Trump and Macron will Rule the World
3,313 Posts
I still stick by my prediction of Drew McIntyre winning it before Barrett. It's unlikely, but I just don't think they'll give Barrett the title. Nexus has 5 members and their momentum is seriously slowing. Plus I think Barrett would be the fastest World Champion in WWE history since his debut (not certain on that), which I can't see happening.

I'm certain he'll win it at some point though.
That's just another reason for them to put the belt on Barrett, to give them (or at least Barrett) back the momentum they lost after Summerslam. Plus, it would be a waste to have the first NXT winner lose his title shot that he won on NXT.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't know why but I always assumed that Davey Boy Smith had won the big 1. I have no idea why, coz obviously it never happened.

Barrett will win it at some point, and unfortunately so will Drew. I am a bit shocked that no Brit has ever won the big 1.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
That's not true, it could happen to Morrison...

Well, actually, it couldn't happen, because they won't ever do it, but...you know what I mean. ~_~
Please. Morrison is a mile more deserving than Drew. Drew is bland in every compartment whilst at least Morrison can go in the ring.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts