Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has done nothing to appear as a face during that time, he consistently brags about beating the Undertaker or claiming that he is the only one who deserves a title shot, and he said himself he's "not a good guy or a bad guy". He's a tweener, like Brock Lesnar.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I remember making my friends who are casuals watch the whole Wrestlemania build and most of them asked me when did Roman turn heel specially after his promo with Shawn Michaels.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reigns is the only character on RAW who has any actual depth to him...

everyone else is vanilla as fuck

He's a tortured soul, torn between good and evil, fame/wealth and honour/truthfulness.
He is the modern day Dorian Gray, beautiful on the outside but slowly devolving into a morally corrupt villain.

·
24,507 Posts
Been saying this for some time now, since the RAW after Mania last year he has been a tweener and they have very much embraced the polarizing reaction he gets. He acts heelish at times but doesn't cross the line into full heel (attacking the crowd, cheating to win, etc) but he has a smug attitude and brags about his accomplishments and in the build for the match with Taker even told off Shawn's advice telling him that Taker retired him.

His character slides across a spectrum operating in shades of grey as opposed to neatly fitting into one side or the other.

·
Banned
581 Posts
He definitely commands a much wider range on the character work spectrum since last WM. Take his last week's performance for instance - interrupts the GM and cockily demands a title match before having a confrontation and match with a clear cut face Finn Balor, not looking out of place by even a bit. The same guy if starts a feud with a clear cut heel in Samoa Joe with the exactly same character work next would also not look out of place in the slightest. Interesting to say the least and it's great. Vanilla characters with no edge are the last thing that the product needs, especially with the FOTC of all people.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Meh, I'll believe it when he stops "overcoming the odds" and getting universal praise from the commentary team and anybody connected with the organisation. I'd much rather they got behind Braun as more than a monster heel and built the company around him. He's better on the mic, has a better look and physique, actual charisma, is actually over and has way more presence in general. The only thing Roman has is better wrestling skills and as everyone likes to say at the moment "in-ring doesn't matter in wrestling it's the character work and promos that count."

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Oh Christ it's one of them "He's a heel in the fans eyes!!!"

He a face for fuck sake and will remain a face.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
He's a face with some edge. Not a pure babyface by any means.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I'd love to say i agree, but this discussion has been had before, you'd have been about as accurate saying that Reigns was heel at some points during his feud with Styles, yeah, maybe there were signs, but it never happened.

He's perhaps a slightly more edgy face now, it's true, but a heel? Nope.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
He's just not a cookie cutter, been saying this from day

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
He's a tortured soul, torn between good and evil, fame/wealth and honour/truthfulness.
He is the modern day Dorian Gray, beautiful on the outside but slowly devolving into a morally corrupt villain.
Where the fuck did you get this from :enzo

·
Registered
279 Posts
He acts like a heel to me. If the commentary is praising him then damn it they're heels as well. And so is the company for pushing him as a face.

Things suddenly become more intriguing if you have this mindset :drose

·
Registered
240 Posts
He's just like Orton. He can be a face, but he's just too cocky to be a cookie cutter. He's now much better than he was one year ago, that's for sure.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
about as much of an edge as a butter knife
But he has more of it than any other babyface on the roster as he does not pander to any crowd like the rest of them do. Your post means nothing.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
But he has more of it than any other babyface on the roster as he does not pander to any crowd like the rest of them do. Your post means nothing.
because no amount of pandering is going to garner him support he got booed in his home town he gets booed where faces shouldnt

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
because no amount of pandering is going to garner him support he got booed in his home town he gets booed where faces shouldnt
This has nothing to do with my point.

It was inevitable that you would go on a verbal tirade of "WAAAHHHH I HATE ROMAN".

I don't care. My point was he has more edge as a face than any other face. Which he does. I'm not comparing him to fucking Stone Cold Steve Austin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts