Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that Charlotte won not only to inflate her title reigns so she can eventually pass her father, but to protect Rhea from being booed against a hot, freshly returned Io Shirai. They probably have seen the seeds of backlash on social media and don't want a Roman Reigns situation to occur with their new top prospect. If Rhea wrestled Io by the time the fans return to arenas, the people's choice would be very obvious at the next TakeOver. Having a villain like Charlotte be the champion against Io would guarantee the desired reaction for both parties.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I thought Rhea lost to set up a best of three series. Rhea is best suited for NXT and think a best of three series with Charlotte would add prestige to the title and give Rhea an “epic” rivalry for the title.

If this is just a one off, i’ll be highly disappointed

·
Custom User Title
6,385 Posts
I thought Rhea lost to set up a best of three series. Rhea is best suited for NXT and think a best of three series with Charlotte would add prestige to the title and give Rhea an “epic” rivalry for the title.

If this is just a one off, i’ll be highly disappointed
It's very likely it was a one off right now. People are forgetting the #1 contender's ladder match coming up on Wednesday, along with Rhea already deciding to roll over and admit defeat on social media. She also lost in a clean and decisive fashion.

It's been pointed out in a couple of reviews, but Rhea's biggest problem is that she lost a ton of steam since becoming champion. Her very first promo she got completely outshone by Bianca and Io. And that wasn't a one off thing either. Her promos are the dirt fucking worst. I would not be shocked if we learn that Rhea only rose up so high because she rode an anti-Shayna wave, and not a pro-Rhea wave.

Do you really think Io going to win now?

If Io wins, It be Heel v Heel, Would Trips do this feud?
Io may as well be a babyface or an asshole tweener after her return against Aliyah. If they wanted to keep her as a heel, they would have had her wrestle Xia Li instead of Aliyah. People are going to cheer her no matter what she does. So yeah, she's the best choice to dethrone Charlotte when its time. The only other woman on NXT who was even remotely close to her level in terms of being over with the audience was Bianca. And she is very likely getting moved up to RAW now after last night.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
It's very likely it was a one off right now. People are forgetting the #1 contender's ladder match coming up on Wednesday, along with Rhea already deciding to roll over and admit defeat on social media. She also lost in a clean and decisive fashion.

It's been pointed out in a couple of reviews, but Rhea's biggest problem is that she lost a ton of steam since becoming champion. Her very first promo she got completely outshone by Bianca and Io. And that wasn't a one off thing either. Her promos are the dirt fucking worst. I would not be shocked if we learn that Rhea only rose up so high because she rode an anti-Shayna wave, and not a pro-Rhea wave.

Io may as well be a babyface or an asshole tweener after her return against Aliyah. If they wanted to keep her as a heel, they would have had her wrestle Xia Li instead of Aliyah. People are going to cheer her no matter what she does. So yeah, she's the best choice to dethrone Charlotte when its time. The only other woman on NXT who was even remotely close to her level in terms of being over with the audience was Bianca. And she is very likely getting moved up to RAW now after last night.
Not going to lie... i skip Rhea segments but I thought for sure with the way shes been hyped that shes at least decent on the mic.

I was also under the impression that she was the next golden gal... i just couldn’t believe that they’d cut down the next golden gal like that

·
The EST of NXT
28,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not going to lie... i skip Rhea segments but I thought for sure with the way shes been hyped that shes at least decent on the mic.

I was also under the impression that she was the next golden gal... i just couldn’t believe that they’d cut down the next golden gal like that
I still think she is the next Golden girl, and her promos do suck, but I've never seen WWE give up on a prospect this fast, and don't think they actually have. I just think they're putting her push on pause until after Io challenges for the NXT Championship.

·
Custom User Title
6,385 Posts
I still think she is the next Golden girl, and her promos do suck, but I've never seen WWE give up on a prospect this fast, and don't think they actually have. I just think they're putting her push on pause until after Io challenges for the NXT Championship.
I don't know if they are going to have Io challenge next. Feeding Io to Charlotte would do an absurd amount of damage to both women. I think they might go with Tegan or Candice as the next challenger, to be honest.

I think Io needs to be the one to dethrone Charlotte when its time. She's their hottest star by a fairly wide margin, and then you can go into a Io/Rhea feud, with Rhea being more of a heel. She's a god awful babyface.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I don't know if they are going to have Io challenge next. Feeding Io to Charlotte would do an absurd amount of damage to both women. I think they might go with Tegan or Candice as the next challenger, to be honest.

I think Io needs to be the one to dethrone Charlotte when its time. She's their hottest star by a fairly wide margin, and then you can go into a Io/Rhea feud, with Rhea being more of a heel. She's a god awful babyface.
That's what I'm afraid of

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
They are still under the impression that Charlotte is a draw, they want to use her to try and get more eyes on NXT. Except that she's never been a draw and hasn't moved the needle in NXT. Also of course she needs to beat daddy's record.

After all that buildup with Rhea, to cut her off at the knees so soon, they even made her tap clean for fuck's sake, was so stupid. And if Io loses to Charlotte when she's as white hot and over as she is,they deserve whatever fan shitstorm follows.

·
The EST of NXT
28,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The reason I think IO wins is because no one would care about a feud with any of the other girls because the discrepancy between relevance is so high. I love watching Charlotte, but I would not give a single fuck about her facing Candice or Tegan. Another reason I think IO should win it right now is because they don't care about the length of Charlotte's title reigns; they just want her to reach or exceed 16 before she retires, which is likely to happen within the next 2 years at the rate they're giving her championships.

·
Registered
689 Posts
In a normal situation itd be ridiculous for Io to lose, but if this next match against Charlotte is just going to be filler anyways they should have someone else win

·
The Babyface of WF
11,631 Posts
Rhea in order to be established further as a huge star needs to be working on the MR with Becky, Regarding getting booed against Shirai I doubt WWE truly would care since they would only work a brief feud anyway.

Charlotte is the one who will get booed like crazy since they are content on not turning her Heel anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.