Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If youre frequent around the wrestling sections then chances are this guy has insulted you and tried his best to prove that hes smarter than you before. Long story short, the guy cant go one post without referring to 'how I was trained by a true legend of the business' or how many people he claims to know in the business.

Heres LoneShark in action recently in response to a guy who didnt think Kurt Angle was utterly terrible in the ring -

And to think, I only spent years in the ring doing the job, and I only trained under one of the greatest of all time. Right. How about you give me the benefit of your in-ring experience, mark?

I'm sorry if those of us who have done this for a living know less about it that a guy who sits in his parents' basement every night jerking off to Teddy Hart spotfests, but I guess that'll always be the way it is, eh?

Ah, who am I kidding, arguing with you is clearly pointless. How about you go take a few bumps, learn the ropes then come back to me because until then, quite honestly, I'm going to take your opinion with a pinch of salt. Or something equally worthless.
Okay wise ass - Mr Big Shot - if you're such a big star then why can't you come out with a name and say who you really are? You claim that you're better than everyone because you're a wrestler, yet you havent once stated who you even are. Just because you say you've trained under Jake Roberts, a crack addict who doesnt give a fuck about anything I should note, doesn't mean you are god. Besides, you're 25 and apparently claim to have quit the business which shows how much of a success you were. :rolleyes:

Your outlandish posts are annoying as fuck to. You claim to know everyone, have done everything and worked in just about every field imaginable (Script-writer, stand-up comedian, actor, wrestler, promoter, booker). Get a grip.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
didn't you have him quoted in your sig like, last week?

what a turncoat. other than that, good rant.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I like TLS. He makes me laugh.

Couldn't care less if he fudges a credential or two. Can't say anyone on a wrestling forum has ever really "impressed" me anyways.

But the guy always seems to know his shit, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
I think he's a pretty funny and knowledgeable guy, actually. Whether or not he's actually training to be a wrestler... meh, it wouldn't be the first time someone lied on the internet, assuming he is.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
TheLoneShark is hit and miss IMO.

A lot of the time, he's one of the guys who knows his shit but there have been a couple of times when he's tried to challenge me, on certain things, and I haven't even felt my level of knowledge begin to be threatened.

The whole "I work in a bar but I used to know Jake Roberts" thing is just sad. The whole point of a forum is that is that it's a fairly anonymous place where you can discuss stuff and be judged on the quality of your opinions alone.

I could pull out my background in marketing and creative writing, my 20 years as a fan/student of wrestling and my politics degree, every time someone doesn't like the same wrestler as me, but I prefer to back my opinions up with facts, rather than my C.V.

On a wider note, one of the main reasons that wrestling is in the shitter, right now, is because of people who think that you need to have been in the ring forever to know anything about it. The sooner people recognise that the audience is smarter than half of the performers the sooner we'll get a better product.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
yeah I think the whole thing with guys who've been in the ring knowing what a better wrestler than others is really dumb. They'd base it off of different stuff, and have opinions like everyone else. eg Bret Hart saying Dynamite Kid was way better than Ric Flair. If I got in the ring my opinions on who's better than who wouldn't change b/c of that.

am I the only one horrified by Crabtree's sig picture?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts